Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm starting to think that my bf is an ESTJ after all, instead of an ENTJ which I thought he was for a very long time. That would also explain our differences in perception...

I'm feeling very desperate at the moment. Like I'll never be able to accept his rational way of seeing things for what they seem to be...He doesn't really like to delve deep into things. He doesn't really like long deep and meaningful discussions. They feel very forced and unnatural for him, and not at all beneficial. It's killing me right now.

You know...When I look at the world I have so many thoughts and ideas...Every little thing triggers a thought or feeling inside me... I get inspired and I wonder... and I want to talk about it. For him...It feels like he just ...Doesn't feel or think any of those things. Like he's just thinking about what he's going to eat next. And he wont really realize the purpose in what I try to talk about.

It's not that he's stupid. In fact he's very smart and capable of grasping complex ideas... He can also be very manipulative and emotionally smart if he wants to. But I feel like getting him to have a meaningful conversation with me about anything deeper than present reality is extremely difficult..?

I'm feeling so desperate, like we're simply not meant to be anymore...But I can't break up with him for certain reasons (Can't bother to explain here now), so I feel like I just HAVE to make it work...

We've been together for 3 years now... It's not that we don't love each other... I'm hoping I'll feel better about this tomorrow anyway.. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
283 Posts
Not sure if I can help. But maybe find out one of his hobbies and investigate on it and try to open up a deeper conversation for that one first. I think it will be a good start.
xSTx are very logical person, most of them might not be interested in something that a lot of imaginary things or ideas. However, they are curious people. See if you have something interest him and make him curious.
Hope this helps a little.

Reactions: Cover3
1 - 2 of 2 Posts