Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does some one deal with parents who are clearly more sensory. When some of the stuff you are interested in, they complain about you being lazy ,when you are not .it is just different.

·
Registered
INFJ ♀ 2w1 || 9w1 || 5w4 Sp/Sx Decadent.
835 Posts
My sensor parents usually forget how intuitive I am and that I don't need a lot of details to piece things together. It doesn't matter how many times I display my thinking and perceiving processes.

My best advice:
Don't try to explain anything. Just be you to the best of your ability.
You're going to be an alien to them regardless, you may as well accept you're their weird alien baby and focus on giving and receiving love as opposed to the differences or the lack of understanding.

·
Registered
114 Posts
My sensor parents usually forget how intuitive I am and that I don't need a lot of details to piece things together. It doesn't matter how many times I display my thinking and perceiving processes.

My best advice:
Don't try to explain anything. Just be you to the best of your ability.
You're going to be an alien to them regardless, you may as well accept you're their weird alien baby and focus on giving and receiving love as opposed to the differences or the lack of understanding.
This... My mother to me today :"Such a goofy girl! How did I gave birth to such an odd child! Always talking about aliens and such..."

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Unfortunately, there will always be misunderstandings, especially since parents think they know better than their kids. I'm actually the sensor kid with the intuitive parent, so I have the opposite issue. My Mom and I misread each other all the time, but we just have to remind ourselves that It's okay to be different. It takes parents a while to understand that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts