Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Pour out your heart to us and let us fix it. (This is your first step to being an ENFP, turning your I into E :p)

Reactions: WhyINTP

·
Registered
17 Posts
I love INTPs, one of my best friends is an INTP and she is wonderful. She helps me logically think through my random emotional outbursts and I feel so grounded around her. Just love yourself for who you are man! If you want to be more like an ENFP though, I would suggest talking to people outside of your comfort zone and wearing your heart on your sleeve a bit more!

·
Registered
826 Posts
Long story short, you can't, it's a born curse and blessing mix that is apart of your everyday life. To become one is TO DEFY PHYSICS AND TEAR APART THE FRABIC OF SPACE-TIME, AND REALITY ITSELF. Or could always overdose on gumdrops and ice-cream.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Can't fake not being you.
Plus being an ENFP can have its toll too.

Just keep being you, find your good qualities and not just your flaws. And if you know what your flaws work on them, if not embrace them.

Or act like a puppy because that's almost close to ENFP lol.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Can't fake not being you.
Plus being an ENFP can have its toll too.

Just keep being you, find your good qualities and not just your flaws. And if you know what your flaws work on them, if not embrace them.

Or act like a puppy because that's almost close to ENFP lol.
Whats the price you pay for being ENFPs?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I love INTPs, one of my best friends is an INTP and she is wonderful. She helps me logically think through my random emotional outbursts and I feel so grounded around her. Just love yourself for who you are man! If you want to be more like an ENFP though, I would suggest talking to people outside of your comfort zone and wearing your heart on your sleeve a bit more!
What does your friend say is special about you? I'll try to emulate that.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
A Crash Course in how to be an ENFP

Tip 1: Stop saying no to yourself. You're an adventurer, a hero, an Indiana Jones scouting through a golden Maya temple to uncover its treasures, a ladies' man, a scientist and artist. There is nothing you can't do, so just try it or spend your day thinking about how awesome it could be to try it.

Tip 2: If it works, change it. Don't be boring. Those shoe laces deserve better than being tied with the same knot every time, and the same goes for any other aspect of life. Repeating something successful is no different from selling out, so just keep up being innovative.

Tip 3: If you have it, forget about it. Have you ever noticed how that 1000$ play station you bought becomes a dry routine after about five GTA games? You better start finding a new hobby now when you've already scratched the surface of one, so get to it!

Tip 4: Make a whole lot of jokes. An ENFP's brain is a joke machine, and even when the joke just isn't funny you make up for it with silly character.

Tip 5: Hug an INTJ. Yes, try to spur love in those who on the surface seem cynical and detached. It's an honourable ENFP trait that might even change your neural wirings forever and make you an Ne-dom permanently.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
A Crash Course in how to be an ENFP

Tip 1: Stop saying no to yourself. You're an adventurer, a hero, an Indiana Jones scouting through a golden Maya temple to uncover its treasures, a ladies' man, a scientist and artist. There is nothing you can't do, so just try it or spend your day thinking about how awesome it could be to try it.

Tip 2: If it works, change it. Don't be boring. Those shoe laces deserve better than being tied with the same knot every time, and the same goes for any other aspect of life. Repeating something successful is no different from selling out, so just keep up being innovative.

Tip 3: If you have it, forget about it. Have you ever noticed how that 1000$ play station you bought becomes a dry routine after about five GTA games? You better start finding a new hobby now when you've already scratched the surface of one, so get to it!

Tip 4: Make a whole lot of jokes. An ENFP's brain is a joke machine, and even when the joke just isn't funny you make up for it with silly character.

Tip 5: Hug an INTJ. Yes, try to spur love in those who on the surface seem cynical and detached. It's an honourable ENFP trait that might even change your neural wirings forever and make you an Ne-dom permanently.
Thank you'll I'll try all the above at tonight's tango class.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Okay, I'm going to respectfully dissent- I do think you can, in time, help shift your perspective into anything you like- but believing in a malleable world is sort of a thing for me. ;)

Play. (Yes.) Play your way with your imagination. When you find yourself nervous about future social interations, practice playfully best outcomes with many different types of people. When you come to a scenario that plays out in a way you feel good about- practice it.

You can't control other people, but you can seek to reframe your idea of their reaction to you. If it seems daunting with people you know- invent a character to make your imaginary friend, and practice and play with them in simulation. If you use some sensory input, scents are particularly powerful, to tie the fantasy to reality in a visceral way, then in time it can become a memory you can fall back on for support.

Don't worry about making this imaginary friend too different or too daunting- they can be a people pleasing ENFP, for instance, and you can use them as a model to mirror.

Imagine the love you want to feel, and soon you'll be able to generate the feeling of love whenever you like. And when you're really busy LOVING actively, just because it feels so good to love, you'll find yourself wanting to share that love.

I love everybody- sometimes stubbornly as self-defense. (What, you can't reject me, if I proactively accept you no matter how you react, right?) And that love helps bridge gaps. Plus it feels good.

Chocolate helps, if you're not too sure what love feels like, viscerally.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Social interaction is fun, but EXHAUSTING. Like, having a really great day, full of things to enjoy and discover and immerse yourself in- you need to take the time and recuperate. Eat yummy things, stretch out fully on the bed and nap, daydream.

Also you have to be accepting of things As They Are sometimes.

"Why?" "Because."

"Why not?" "Eh, sometimes so."

"Why?" "Because."

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Social interaction is fun, but EXHAUSTING. Like, having a really great day, full of things to enjoy and discover and immerse yourself in- you need to take the time and recuperate. Eat yummy things, stretch out fully on the bed and nap, daydream.

Also you have to be accepting of things As They Are sometimes.

"Why?" "Because."

"Why not?" "Eh, sometimes so."

"Why?" "Because."
Where do you find the people for social interaction though?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts