Personality Cafe banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...i have no idea what motivates me...isn't people...isn't myself...isn't the world...so how do you you figure it out?

...too afraid to be mistyped and when i find something that describes me and i like it i hate myself...because i've gotten paranoid from everything around here about stereotypes...

...is enneagram one of those thing where you keep on trying it out until you find it... concerning when you're a teen/child...or are you born with it?...that's my other question...

Reactions: Wake

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
...i have no idea what motivates me...isn't people...isn't myself...isn't the world...so how do you you figure it out?

...too afraid to be mistyped and when i find something that describes me and i like it i hate myself...because i've gotten paranoid from everything around here about stereotypes...

...is enneagram one of those thing where you keep on trying it out until you find it... concerning when you're a teen/child...or are you born with it?...that's my other question...
Enneagram being a typology centered around motivations, makes the Enneagram a way to look at the world to fill an emptiness. It is a debated matter, but Enneagram types are values of the world created throughout your childhood learning process to understand how to act to fulfill this emptiness I spoke of. Naranjo describes instinctive variants as how the desire of the type is focused on a certain area. These instinctive variants are Sexual (sx), Self-Preservation (sp), and Social instinct. They indicate a certain part of our lives where our concern is focused. So a 4 who focuses on Self-preservation will look very different than a Sexual 4, and also different from a Social 4.

Here is a site to inform you of some of the basics of what instinctual variants are all about: Socionics - the16types.info - Instinctual Stackings

I'll PM you with regards to how this applies to 4s in order to show you what you're looking to obtain by acting as you do.

The Enneagram's main purpose is to give you insight into why you do what you do given your type.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts