Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
It's the small things that count :) Small gestures that make your ISFJ feel appreciated. Also, talk to her and get to know her better. I think for me especially, if someone makes an effort to try to talk to me often (without being too clingy, because I hate it when people are clingy), I start to sense that there might be something more than just friendliness going on.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Well, to avoid creeping her out, you need to respect her boundaries, whatever they may be. This means being aware of how she is feeling through body language, tone of voice, whatever is needed.

Remember that you cannot completely avoid being perceived as "creepy", because that perception is largely based on whether or not she is initially attracted to you as well as what she believes to be appropriate social behavior. (This explains why conventionally attractive people are far less likely to be considered creepy under similar circumstances.)

Making her feel loved/liked has more to do with the five love languages than MBTI, in my opinion. (I don't know if/how they intersect... Let me know if you do!) The 5 Love Languages | The 5 Love Languages®

For example, my top two are Quality Time and Physical Affection in that order. So being fully engaged with me and little touches/hugs make me feel like there is an attraction there. Any of the other three will also clue me into someone's liking of me, but less emotionally and more logically, if that makes any sense. (e.g. He gave me some chocolates. That gives me reason to believe he likes me more than as friends.)

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Well, to avoid creeping her out, you need to respect her boundaries, whatever they may be. This means being aware of how she is feeling through body language, tone of voice, whatever is needed.

Remember that you cannot completely avoid being perceived as "creepy", because that perception is largely based on whether or not she is initially attracted to you as well as what she believes to be appropriate social behavior. (This explains why conventionally attractive people are far less likely to be considered creepy under similar circumstances.)

Making her feel loved/liked has more to do with the five love languages than MBTI, in my opinion. (I don't know if/how they intersect... Let me know if you do!) The 5 Love Languages | The 5 Love Languages®

For example, my top two are Quality Time and Physical Affection in that order. So being fully engaged with me and little touches/hugs make me feel like there is an attraction there. Any of the other three will also clue me into someone's liking of me, but less emotionally and more logically, if that makes any sense. (e.g. He gave me some chocolates. That gives me reason to believe he likes me more than as friends.)
This post expressed my feelings pretty much also. Much like compliments or blunt truth, I find it hard to know how to react to affection - What is appropriate? Also knowing how I feel (About the affection, compliment or truth) and feeling it's okay to feel that is essential for me before I can respond in a way that is easy and clear for both of us. It's almost a little like trying a new kind of food. It will be foreign, so uncomfortable as first even if I grow to like it when it becomes farmiliar.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts