Personality Cafe banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I am an ISTJ. And I don't know how to flirt. There is a girl I am interested in. She seems interested as well. So can you teach me how to flirt?

·
Banned
161 Posts
Go find someone you don't like and practice on them. Then comeback to the one you're actually interested in when you're confident enough in your ability to win her over.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Research has shown that females react most positively to males who perform a mating ritual dance, so I recommend you dance to a girl you want to flirt with. As for the type of dance, research has also shown that if the male emphasizes his pelvic region, females will mate with dancer. Lastly, the male should sing one of the following songs in order to inspire the mating ritual:

"You Spin Me Right Round" (Like a Record Baby)
"I Am the Walrus" (The Beatles)
"Yummy Yummy Yummy" (Ohio Express)
"Blue" (Eiffel 65)

To enhance the dance ritual, the male should wear bright colours, comprising of mostly yellows, greens and blues. Khakis are not allowed and don't you dare wear crocks I swear to God.

Finally, the Lady-Killer himself, Zapp Brannigan, has some amazing flirting advice:

Go get 'em, tiger, and GODSPEED!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Start commenting on non physical or subtle things about her appearance.

"That jacket looks nice on you, you really have a good sense of style."

"That blouse really brings out your eyes."

"That hairstyle looks nice on you."

"You look like you work out, do you goto the gym?"

Be subtle, but make it known that you are checking her appearance out. Were humans, but we still operate off of appearance initially.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hm.... HEY!

Dude.

Just be interested in who she is. Her dreams, what she wants to do with her life.... inquire as to her thoughts and opinions. That's way more awsome than flirting. But you could also inquire as to what kind of surprises she likes, or... how one would go about pleasing her?? I don't know.

Sounds legit to me.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hm.... HEY!

Dude.

Just be interested in who she is. Her dreams, what she wants to do with her life.... inquire as to her thoughts and opinions. That's way more awsome than flirting. But you could also inquire as to what kind of surprises she likes, or... how one would go about pleasing her?? I don't know.

Sounds legit to me.
Well, we do already know quite a lot about each other, we also have similar interests,but advice from friends make it seem as if I have to flirt in order to really get her attention. What I was going to do was to just invite her over to my lunch spot at school so we can spend more time together. Would that work?

·
Registered
263 Posts
hm.....

"Would you do me the pleasure of joining me at lunch?"

^flirtatious invite.

You know, it may work.
But incase it doesn't....

"Well, if you change your mind, and decided to join me, it would make my day :)."

Sounds graceful.... I always feel better with a back-up plan.

·
Banned
3,960 Posts
Well, we do already know quite a lot about each other, we also have similar interests,but advice from friends make it seem as if I have to flirt in order to really get her attention. What I was going to do was to just invite her over to my lunch spot at school so we can spend more time together. Would that work?
You do not have to do anything that you do not want. If anything, I think going with what you feel most and best is good enough. Cos if she accepts, then the accorlade and the idea if yours ! Bet you that will give you a boost in that moment then. :)

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
E-gads. Sorry, but the advice on this thread so far has been downright dreadful.

To flirt, you need to make it obvious that you're interested - this involves body language, touching each other (on the outside arms and shoulders is a safe place), smiling, blushing sometimes, where you point your eyes, tone of things you say, and so on.

Compliments should not be viewed as flirting because they most definitely are not. They're compliments. Unless you have something you really want to say to her as a compliment - focus on personality if you do-, don't. On the whole, outright blunt compliments without a solid basis of flirting look weak, and women are attracted to confidence and bravado.

Make some mild inuendos. Make eye contact. Smile super duper nice at her. Touch her on the arm at least a few times if it seems like the first time goes well.
It's hard to tell you what to say to flirt verbally. It really depends on the two of you, and the situation. If you can find a way to make something said innocently seem like it wasn't so innocent or can say something like "yeah, I gueeessss I wouldn't mind hanging out with you again, if I haaave to" - WITH body language making it very obvious that you are joking.
And then immediately follow that up with something like "so when do you want to hang out?"
And potentially "so, let's pick out a time and a date for our date." (but most people seem to think calling something a "date" means "be my girlfriend forevars", so you might want to avoid the word entirely)

Flirting is all about communicating that you like somebody without being blunt. If you're blunt, it will wreck the mood.

Reactions: TwistedMuses

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Well I never actually learned how to flirt, yet many ladies accuse a gentlemen such as me of flirting with many of them. I think the lesson to learn here is simply "act like an ENFP".

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I don't really know how to flirt, either. (I'm an INFP) But do keep in mind it's not always the best flirts that get the girl. In fact, if someone flirts too well, I start wondering if he's a pick-up artist or something. Show her you're interested, but you don't necessarily have to be the most suave guy in the room. Some of us women actually really like the shy, not-so-smooth-but-totally-genuine types. The main thing is that she can tell you're interested. Otherwise, she'll think you're not and act accordingly.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You ask her to lunch!?!? If not you should- and tell us what happens! Have the labors of this post grown any fruit??? Come on... do it! Do it!
She wasn't around today, damn...
I hear it was the flu. Anyways, my resolve has not been shaken. And to everyone else, thanks! You're helping a guy find a shred of happiness in his life!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts