Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a quote that really made an impact on me lately. "What you do every day matters more than what you do once in a while." I believe this is true - and I was suddenly so so sad because, besides chores and hygienic routines there's not really anything I stick with for very long.

I'm the kind of guy who gets bored quickly and always wants to mix it up. About once a year at work I try to change what I'm doing or what my position is because I start feeling like I'm in a rut after about 3-4 months. In relationships with friends or dating I usually lose interest in the other person after I feel like I kinda know what they're about and the "mystery" is gone (4-6 months typically). I like writing stories, but don't make it past chapter 3. I like reading but can't remember the last book I actually finished. I don't watch TV or movies anymore because I feel like it's too much of a time commitment. When I play video games I tend to quit a third of the way through once the game mechanics feel repetitive. I've started and stopped workout routines and better diets over and over again.

You probably get the point. I don't like sticking with pretty much anything - I always feel like once something loses novelty it's just a pain. How do I get past this? Because I'm pretty sure it's holding me back from true accomplishment and fulfilling relationships at the very least.

·
Registered
ISFJ
5,198 Posts
i personally don't see any problem here. i mean, only if it's important to you to finish something and you don't would there be a problem. being committed to a relationship for the sake of commitment seems pretty unfulfilling. if you lose interest you lose interest.. like you are saying it's holding you back, but how?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Set a goal. Get yourself motivated. I suggest you "conduct an experiment" where you want to see the results and impact it had. By now, you've realised you're going nowhere, stagnation and felling of unfulfillment.
So, read a book, see how it ends. It will broaden your views, inspire you. Because, trust me, you cannot obtain much by just by reading a few chapters and draw all the conclusions (considering it is a good book).

You like to write? Awesome! So, add an unexpected twist, and continue from there. Let someone else who cherishes literature give a feedback. You need to know where do you stand and how to make a progress.

Or, wake up and say: "Today, I'm going to find out how does it feel being triple penetrated or should I try to make a new dish?" (Doesn't matter if your male, female or a cat) Just get out and try to experience new things constantly. Life is boring only if you want it to be.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts