Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
5,870 Posts
Avoid social interactions.

Or, if your goal is to maintain contact with them, scratch the surface in your discussions, try being as "deep" as they are.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Tips...
The first one who came on my mind is to listen more. Carefully
It happens to me, when I'm caught by a string of thoughts to lost the awareness of what is going on aroud me. So I continue speaking about what I'm thinking and become too serious or go too deep in my thoughts.
In these case it would be better to stop and to ask for the opinion of the others and try to understand if they are interested in the subject.
I know that it can be a problem if we are talking about some of our interests.

·
Registered
105 Posts
What do you mean by "logical and serious"? I'm also logical and serious, but I've found that sharing knowledge is a great way to initiate conversations or intrigue others. I'm aware of lots of things others aren't (we all are, I've found), so as long as I watch my tone, i.e. try my best not to sound like a smart ass, it's easy to socialize.

Perhaps you could treat your social interactions like investigations. That's how I learned to interact—ask questions, collect data. People are very interesting.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Practice making jokes. 7% of interaction is what you say and 93% is how you say it- so watch body language, tone of voice, etc. Practice in front of a mirror or record yourself speaking to a camera, then rewatch the video and footage. If you want, have someone you trust watch it with you and point out what you're doing that comes off aggressive. I've found it's really effective if you just tease people for being wrong instead of confront them, and they're more receptive to it

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the try. But bad advices mostly all of them.

A person himself is enough to be happy and fun. Being fun is not and shouldn't be dependant on others, its something that comes from within. So the: try different people is worst advice ever heard.

·
Registered
5,870 Posts

A person himself is enough to be happy and fun. Being fun is not and shouldn't be dependant on others, its something that comes from within. So the: try different people is worst advice ever heard.
It "coming from within" doesn't mean that it isn't influenced by external variables (people, in this case).

You can manipulate your perception or/and the external variables.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I mean that I don't find anything fun when being logical, therefore I am not a fun person to be around. I ain't spontaneous.

Thats the main issue here.
I'm not spontaneous, either. Wait until you happen across people who enjoy discussions/debates—they're out there.

Now, why are you asking for help socializing if you think enjoyment should only come from within? That last response of yours actually makes no sense. What are you asking us for, exactly? You've confused me.

·
Registered
25,985 Posts
I mean that I don't find anything fun when being logical, therefore I am not a fun person to be around. I ain't spontaneous.

Thats the main issue here.
Willingly throw caution and logic to the wind.

Also, pick your battles. Not everyone cares for logical facts, it's up to you to recognize it at some point and just "go with the flow". Get out of your own head by stepping aside and follow for the moment.

Reactions: Sava Saevus

·
Registered
6,772 Posts

What you did there is the problem...if it doesn't feed your Ti logic system it's discarded without a second thought as being of little to no value. Those less-than-logical aspects of things you reject out of hand are where all the fun is hiding.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What you did there is the problem...if it doesn't feed your Ti logic system it's discarded without a second though as being of little to no value. Those less-than-logical aspects of things you reject out of hand are where all the fun is hiding.
Thats what I've been saying from the start of the post, that I am too logical and I want to get in touch with the "flow" and not so logical aspects of my persona.

WORST. ADVICES. EVERRRR!!!! BlackLion try getting hotter then? People will laugh with you and act interested if you look good. Better?
I'm already good looking enough. So yeah, your advice ain't good either. Thanks for trying though

I'm not spontaneous, either. Wait until you happen across people who enjoy discussions/debates—they're out there.

Now, why are you asking for help socializing if you think enjoyment should only come from within? That last response of yours actually makes no sense. What are you asking us for, exactly? You've confused me.
Yeah, the problem is that I cannot get in touch of my sponatenous - "have fun" persona without thinking much

Willingly throw caution and logic to the wind.

Also, pick your battles. Not everyone cares for logical facts, it's up to you to recognize it at some point and just "go with the flow". Get out of your own head by stepping aside and follow for the moment.
I know I have to go with the flow, but said its easier than done.

I'd appreciate some practical advice.

Talk less listen more.
Bad advice. The less you act at the moment, the less spontaneous you are.

·
Registered
INTP
7,044 Posts

AND EVERY OTHER REJECTION OF PEOPLES' FRIENDLY ADVICE ON HERE
Alright.

Fuck off then and good luck. :happy:

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Learn to not take people seriously. That's what works for me. Like someone else said, scratch the surface. I guess it'll just come with time and experience, but I grew up in a friendly environment and have never been antisocial. Just introverted.

As for best friends, my group consists of an INTP (me), INTJ, ENTJ, ENTP and a borderline INTx. Let's just say I got extremely lucky with my main friend circle, but I have no problem talking to all sorts of people.

What kind of people are you around? If they're the ESFP dumbass party types (sorry for the stereotype) I don't blame you. I wouldn't go anywhere near those people..nope, rather off myself.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts