Personality Cafe banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure as to if this applies to all or most of the ENTPs, but I love it when I am the one to pursue or chase the guy I like. There was this guy who was uncertain about his feelings or used me as rebound and toyed around with me for a while. I would still pursue him nevertheless, because I loved the "thrill" of the chase. However, when I felt uncertain as to where I stood in his life and what his feelings for me, I often became depressed. Stupidly, I still couldn't give up on him. My friends all tell me that this guy isn't worth it; I'm aware, but I'm stupidly stubborn. This guy makes me sad and mad but I can't get over him.

As a fellow ENTP, how can I get over someone? I'm at the point of heartbreak (cringe).

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
Well.. I believe the first 3 minutes of this will solve most of your problems.

I would still pursue him nevertheless
Try Not Doing That.

how can I get over someone?
And Try Doing That.

Thats basically the same thing as asking
"how can I listen to people?"
You just do.

Done.
Any other retarded threads?
I mean.. honestly what do you expect to get from this thread?

Reactions: DAHN and _Observer_

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
@innerblueprints

Take what you need from the experience. Maybe you can't let go because you have no closure on how this could have happened.

Do you feel disappointed it has not worked out as you would like?

Maybe once you can identify something specific about what you are feeling in this situation, for example disappointment, maybe then you can move on on your terms not just because your friends say so.

Do you want to move on yet? Maybe you need some more time before you make the conscious choice to move on.

Sometimes we can have the unconscious attitude of not wanting to move on, which makes the conscious decision of moving on virtually impossible.

What do you think?

Sorry I'm not ENTP and I hope you don't mind me!

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I'm not sure as to if this applies to all or most of the ENTPs, but I love it when I am the one to pursue or chase the guy I like. There was this guy who was uncertain about his feelings or used me as rebound and toyed around with me for a while. I would still pursue him nevertheless, because I loved the "thrill" of the chase. However, when I felt uncertain as to where I stood in his life and what his feelings for me, I often became depressed. Stupidly, I still couldn't give up on him. My friends all tell me that this guy isn't worth it; I'm aware, but I'm stupidly stubborn. This guy makes me sad and mad but I can't get over him.

As a fellow ENTP, how can I get over someone? I'm at the point of heartbreak (cringe).
Sweetheart, you need tough love.
It is probably an ENTP thing to chase the person we like, it is also an ENTP thing to be really stubborn and persist on chasing a guy that is definitely not good for us, but it is also an ENTP thing to hate and stop caring about people who think we are stupid. And, by the sound of it, this guys thinks you're stupid enough to pursue him even though he's not interested. So don't give him the pleasure.
I don't have the details but I can guess he feels great and manly because a girl has a crush on him. Really, if that is the reason someone wants to be near you, because he has some sort of low-steem so he needs someone else to remind him how great he is since he doesn't love himself aparently... it's really sad and not worth it. Focus on something else, someone else, think objectively on all the bad things you feel and experience when you're next to him or thinking about him. Do you really want someone who thinks you're stupid? Do you want to be the irrational one? Go feed and play with your Ti, you need to.

Reactions: autsdraws and Ultr4

·
Registered
8 Posts
My go to has been and more than likely always will be having a logical self talk to reason through it; if you've already done this then I guess I would suggest trying it from a different standpoint or breaking down your feelings into different points and really weighing if it's worth your time/effort to chase this person anymore. I've also found that it helps if you do something stimulating like playing a game, listening to music, reading an interesting article, etc while doing this to make sure that you stay level headed "getting sad and stuff isn't good for multiple reasons especially if you're trying to stop getting sad and stuff :p".
Other than that I guess if all else fails and you can reasonably talk to this person about this you can: approach this person, tell them you need to talk to them, sit down, and discuss this with them.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
It's hard to not let it get to you. Some people have an easier time shaking it off, some don't. In the end what you really are doing is kind of the same thing as when you're recovering from a break up. It takes a bit of time.

Next time hopefully you will have learned what all chaser eventually do. If they don't chase back, drop it. They have to want you to chase them or it's just a waste of time. You're letting yourself be used for validation or as a rebound.

·
Registered
591 Posts

Simply, you feel that your life is empty when not with him? You think about him every time you have time for you? You're re-analyzing each sentences he pronounced and try to understand it with a new angle of view?
You're an ENTP, if you could get him, it would have been done already.
2 possibilities :
- he's not interested by you and isn't realizing how he's hurting you -> leave him, erase him from your life, you'll suffer.
- he's not interested, but like being with you and doesn't care hurting you -> leave him, erase him from your life, you'll suffer.

And for all problems above mentioned, try meditation, it's the best way to control ENTP stress I've ever tried (Putting your life in danger work well too, but it's not a good idea).

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
You are way too objective, but what can I expect- you're an entp!
For many of us, we've been there done that and looking back we know we should have pulled the Band-Aid and are telling you to do so. It is not that we aren't being sympathetic, more like telling our younger selves to run away and far (like we should have back then).

Believe me, I understand completely what you are going through. When I was 18, I had a situation with a guy that was half broken up with his girlfriend (too complicated to go into here) and he was almost like a drug to me. I couldn't help myself even though I knew it was going to end bad. I tried to keep it casual but I couldn't. I tried to pull the metaphoric Band-Aid off slowly (spend less time, tell myself it was just physical, etc.) and all it did was prolong the hurt. When I finally just yanked it off, the relief was almost immediate. I was over him pretty quickly. Distraction once you cut yourself off is good. Take up a hobby, go dancing with your friends, learn a new skill, read a good book, binge watch that TV series you've been meaning to watch, etc.

I will say, that all the relationships that I had, either bad or good, helped me figure out what I really needed and wanted in my future relationships. Something must of worked because I have been happily married for 12 years.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow you guys are all so great! Thank you. I am still recovering from this process, but it's still very hard. He's currently using another girl as his toy and feigns kindness with me. Whatever, I'm so done with him.

·
Registered
41 Posts

I know the feeling.. or a part of it. I love chasing people and getting them to be as interested in me as I am in them, but I never felt sad for too long because of their rejection. I don't know what say really.. just find someone else to manipulate and make them like you.. I guess that should work. We are easily distracted after all.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.