Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
5,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a picky eater and I would like to change that to basically save more money and not be 'that guy' anymore lol.

After doing some reading I've discovered that a really good and healthy way to change your taste buds is to go on a health cleanse and to keep away from all of the additional crap that gets put into food. But I don't really know what that means and have no idea what to look out for and what to really look for. I tried before and got overwhelmed lol.

So...

What is a health cleanse? General tips? What to avoid and what to get? etc.

Thank you!

·
Registered
256 Posts
The term "cleanse" can refer to several things. There's a lot of information available on cleanses on the internet, and many great books. I suggest that you start looking into things via Google, since I could probably write several pages on the subject. If you have any specific questions, I would be happy to answer.

Here's an article from Oprah's website on the subject <http://www.oprah.com/health/Dr-Oz-on-Cleansing-Do-You-Need-a-Cleanse>. Many people are skeptical of Oprah and Dr. Oz, and while I have never followed his diets and suggestions, I think this article gives a good overview of the subject of cleanses.

Another term is the "juice cleanse". This is a several-day "fast" where someone eats only raw fruit and vegetable juices. Advocates argue that the absence of processed and solid foods allows the body to devote its resources to detoxifying the internal system. The juice, as long as it is fresh and absent from processed sugars, can be a great source of vitamins, micronutrients, and antioxidants.

I don't really believe in fad diets and cleanses. You should be fine as long as you're eating unprocessed, fresh, and healthy food. Lots of greens and fruits; cutting back on red meats, too much soy, and dairy; eliminating processed sugars, canned foods, and your average salty/savory/sweet snacks. You don't have to become a whole foods food nut/locavore.

The biggest game changers for me were to cut back caffeinated drinks to one per day, eliminate all processed sugar and red meats from my diet, cut back on animal fats and excess cooking oils (I take fish-oil supplements and cook with olive oil), and eating lots of fruit and citrus.

Good luck!

Reactions: L

·
Registered
256 Posts
My favorite book on healthy eating is 'Crazy Sexy Diet' by Kris Carr. Healthy, cleansing eating does not have to be bland or distasteful -- spices and lemon juice always do the trick for me! :)

Reactions: L

·
Registered
10 Posts
Health is the the necessary for the life so exercise improves health and controls your weight. More importantly being active in sports can help you look good! Athletic activity.Reduces body fat, strengthens bones, and builds muscle so mostly i like the energetic foods and exercise work for good health...

·
Registered
256 Posts
Agley is absolutely correct -- health cleanses, diets, etc. are not going to be very effective unless combined with adequate exercise, sleep, and a mindset that is positive and constructive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts