Personality Cafe banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
9w1 sx/sp/so: Address the needs of your sexual instinct and self-preservation instinct without violating Type 9’s need for inner peace and the 1 wing’s need to be moral.
Huh? I don't get it. Why should you not want to violate the need for inner peace? That's what integration is all about.

·
Birdie Borracho
9,380 Posts
7w8 sx/so/sp: Address the needs of your sexual instinct and social instinct without violating Type 7’s need for variety and the 8 wing’s need to be in charge.
Ok quite generic, but writing 108 descriptions would be a lot. Anyway, not a big fan of viewing the 8 wing as needing to be in charge. I see it as a dial within the triad as I'm - 5 - - 6 - - 7 (-)

Anyway, I've be feeling healthier as of the past two years. Not exactly sure what specific thing I did except I changed my mindset. I started thinking of what I needed to do to be prepared for life.

Reactions: drmiller100

·
Registered
LSI 5w4 5-9-4
2,374 Posts
<type>w<type> <instinct stack>: Address the needs of your <primary instinct> and <secondary instinct> without violating Type <type>’s need to be <X> and the <type> wing’s need to be <Y>.
Cool template. Are you going to eventually write in unique descriptions for each individual entry, or is this the final product?

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Cool template. Are you going to eventually write in unique descriptions for each individual entry, or is this the final product?
It think it has a flawed premise, though. You don't integrate by not violating your type's needs. You integrate by deliberately violating them, and becoming comfortable violating them. The neurotic needs of your own type are what keep you trapped in repetitive behavior patterns and limit your life and world view. When you learn to throw your type's needs out the window, you really start to grow as a person.

·
Grumpy old bastard
10,085 Posts
Very interesting. and I commend and applaud the start!

Some feedback.

I look at stackings as a SEPARATE thing from the rest of the enneagram. So, my integration has not much to do with my stackings, and I have found no value in working on integration when combining them.

I invite you to learn more about the growth of the types. You took a slice of each type at a mid health level. An unhealthy type will look VERY different from a healthy mature one.

I took your quiz. It mistyped me, but it was close - it caught my wing. And I can see why based on your questions. To me, the BEST tests give 3 or 4 types to consider, listed in order. I think enneagram really is best self typed - but the quizzes get you in the ballpark. And your quiz is pretty good!

Keep going!!!

·
Registered
LSI 5w4 5-9-4
2,374 Posts
It think it has a flawed premise, though. You don't integrate by not violating your type's needs. You integrate by deliberately violating them, and becoming comfortable violating them. The neurotic needs of your own type are what keep you trapped in repetitive behavior patterns and limit your life and world view. When you learn to throw your type's needs out the window, you really start to grow as a person.
Yeah, that's a pretty good point. I have a feeling there will never be an explanation of how exactly to do that, however.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Yeah, that's a pretty good point. I have a feeling there will never be an explanation of how exactly to do that, however.
I've always taken the integration point description itself as a roadmap for how to integrate. For me, I try to get into the mindset of a 3 based off what I read in the 3 description. I find that to be a wealth of information for how to integrate - though that doesn't mean it's easy.

·
Registered
LSI 5w4 5-9-4
2,374 Posts
I've always taken the integration point description itself as a roadmap for how to integrate. For me, I try to get into the mindset of a 3 based off what I read in the 3 description. I find that to be a wealth of information for how to integrate - though that doesn't mean it's easy.
I wonder how integration/disintegration works with wings. Does a wing also integrate and disintegrate to its corresponding types? Or is it only my main type that needs to reach healthy levels?

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
It's nigh impossible to "Address the needs of your sexual instinct" without violating the "need to be alone." :laughing:

The social 5 is in an even worse logical tangle.

In honesty, the descriptions are 90% meaningless.

·
Registered
326 Posts
4w5 sx/so: Address the needs of your sexual instinct and social instinct without violating Type 4’s need to be unique and special and the 5 wing’s need to be alone.

I sort of get what he's saying, and benefited from it.

Ie look for deep intimacy/connection in the world while being unique, authentic and knowledgeable (of yourself and the world).

Would have phrased it like that rather than "special" (4) and "alone" (w5).

I feel that is pretty much the process of maturity for me. Get your sx/so needs met in a way that is more authentic and closer to "how the creator intended me to be".

Thanks for sharing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts