Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there is a thread for relationship questions and such, but I wanted to start this thread so people could ask INFP questions about interacting with INFPs. Please feel free to give advice or ask your own questions.

First question: How should one start a conversation with an INFP?? What kind of things get you talking to somebody and into a meaningful conversation?

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
"Hi! I see you're an INFP. Good to know! Now let's see where my stereotype list is... Ah. So being an INFP, you like long, deep conversations one-on-one and absolutely detest Mötley Crüe? Is 4.27 hours a long conversation or just medium-length?"

Reactions: Reluctanine

·
Banned
1,068 Posts
Oh, goodness! I hate writing about my life. However, I'll discuss how I befriended my girlfriend Myrah, who happens to be an INFP.

"There she was. A lovely ebony haired Chicana sitting alone and with no body to talk too. She was lost in her mind as I could tell her mind was somewhere else at the movement. Mastering my self-confidence I walk over to her and embarrassingly ask her how she's doing in Spanish and I call her beautiful. I could feel my stomach drop a mile per minute. Thankfully she replied happily that I was cute, and we ended talking about anything and everything."

Basically give an INFP their space and just chit-chat. Myrah is a blessing because she anchors me down and allows me to see the world more than I would ever imagine. A perfect team! It's good to be outgoing, have a sense of humor, and be respectful of each other and yourselves.

·
Registered
345 Posts
probably by the time you even know 100% they're an infp, you'll already be there friend.

If not, and they're extremely awkward, not the best with first impressions or verbal communication, seemingly not that interested, anxious etc., (as is problem common for infps on first interactions), you just have to be yourself. Don't try to win them over or get them to open up, or hide yourself, because if they see any sort of discrepancies or unnatural happiness or bubbliness or something, they might not want to talk to you. So be you, don't judge them until you know them deeply, and they'll love to be your friend, as long as your and their morality aligns for the most part.

A lot of people want to find an instant connection with people, but the problem is INFPs are often cautious and wary to first encounters, despite having this sort of idealized love for everyone. But if you see something special in them and decide to give them time to warm up to you, they will probably be one of those "true friends."

1 - 5 of 5 Posts