Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never knew there are such people. They are loving and caring and so much fun to be around! Seems like they love everyone. What signs would an ENFP show if he has interest in dating you?

·
Registered
ENFP-A
2,227 Posts
Now, I don't think I'm normal here...BUT I was a drama geek and loved acting, so...

It'll be darn obvious. I'll start flirting by joking and teasing and then when I pull the trigger it'll be pretty creative I hope. I've dressed up in a costume to ask someone out. I also drove straight from my University graduation an hour away to ask someone out still with my cap and degree.

I think though ENFPs can often be a mixture of shy or "Meh. Whatever happens, happens" and might just not do the big ask for awhile. But this is from a guy's perspective: and social norms say we usually need to ask. I'd be interested in hearing from the girls.

·
QUEEN PEEN
9,303 Posts
Eh, I'll admit, it's kind of hard to tell sometimes. I come on pretty strong though to the point of practically spelling it out. If I'm honest, I want my potential suitor to pick up the messages I'm sending him/her. If the potential suitor does pick it up and sends me back similar signals, I know I'm in good shape ;) Not that that helps you very much... lol. I like reading body language and picking up on the energy I have with a potential suitor, and I want them to do the same. Again... that really doesn't help you very much, lol... sorry >.<'

·
Registered
297 Posts
If I like you...whoa buddy, I will make sure to laugh sooo loud or smile my prettiest smile, especially if I know you're looking, or at least in the same room. It's all a show for me.

I'll either ignore you when you're close to me and I'm alone, but if I'm with a group, I'll smile at ya or include you in the conversation. I used to literally throw myself at people...but I'm a lil more demure these days.

(BTW, if you talk to me and I like you...I'll be very friendly and basically be all "yes, certainly, no problem," ...I'll either look you in your eye a lot or just keep staring at ...anything that's not you.)

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Giggling, playing with hair, excessive staring/smiling unconsciously, babbling about something really stupid when alone with them.

>.> Touch....tickling especially.

Oh yea! Random, seemingly out of the blue statements of "what if we got married" or "our kids would be"...things like that. It's subtle, but it means it's something that's been considered somewhat. (I just mean off-hand teasing stuff - not creepy "OMG LET'S GET MARRIED NOW!!!" weirdness)

Reactions: hoom

·
Registered
140 Posts
- Physically poking
- Teasing. Lots of friendly teasing
- Get flustered easily around you
- Drop almost anything and everything to talk to you
- Jump at every chance to hang out with you
- Be super kind
- Fuss over you if you're sad / depressed and will genuinely attempt to help
- Hugs, lots of them
- Winky faces, FB stalking, INTERNET STALKING IN GENERAL

...Hmm, that is all I can think of at the moment. :p

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I'm generally not up to flirting stuffs. But when I like someone, or when I want to talk to someone I'm interested in, I straightaway go and talk to him and also become slightly flirtatious, and I tend to talk things like 'we can work well together, I want your genitals. :p ;)' Of course, that's just a joke, which I tend to do with people who considers it as a joke only. Stalking and teasing is quite common.:crazy:
But for me, dating or liking someone is completely apart from loving someone. My reactions do not remain so casual then.

·
Registered
770 Posts
If you're a man and I laugh at your jokes, compliment you, and ever try to spend time with you I like you. I don't put forth any effort for guys I'm not interested in...they put in all the effort. I'll try to be near you and talk to you and study with you if I'm interested.

·
Registered
5,271 Posts
Eh, I'll admit, it's kind of hard to tell sometimes. I come on pretty strong though to the point of practically spelling it out. If I'm honest, I want my potential suitor to pick up the messages I'm sending him/her. If the potential suitor does pick it up and sends me back similar signals, I know I'm in good shape ;) Not that that helps you very much... lol. I like reading body language and picking up on the energy I have with a potential suitor, and I want them to do the same. Again... that really doesn't help you very much, lol... sorry >.<'
This is true. I think an ENFP is likely to work off "vibes" that the other person is sending us.

I think it's going to depend on that separate ENFP.. a lot of ENFPs will be very bold in chasing you- if they really feel they like you they'll (the girls) be insistent on sharing things with you, sitting on your lap, resting on your shoulder, etc. the guys will chase you and ask you out. plus ENFPs tend to wear their hearts on their sleeves, if one likes you you can usually see something of it in their eyes- and sometimes it's just downright obvious from how they look at you lol.

Other ENFPs will be a little more mellow. they'll send out little subtle hints and want you to send them back subtly too- they might be quite loud around their friends and quiet around you, although they might as stormy says be unusually loud around their friends when they know you're around.

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
Last time I liked someone, I added them on facebook and had a long conversation with him to suss him out. We had some chemistry, and flirted with each other while I lived in the area, but I didn't take things any further because our conversation didn't flow that well, we had very different interests and political views, and his life plans didn't work with mine... basically, he was in the Military, and growing up, my dad was away a lot for work, and I hated it, and I can't stand the thought of not having my husband around all the time, or being sent home in a body bag. Also, I'm against war in general, so I'm not sure how much support I could offer him. It was kind of silly to be honest, because it might have just been a temporary thing or something.

·
Iron Fist
3,684 Posts
Hmm, tricky question. I agree with most of the previous posters. But here is the thing, I might be giving off all those signals and still have no interest in dating the other person.

;o

·
Registered
514 Posts
That really depends on many things.. Because as far as the attraction queues and body language goes, it differs for gender as well.. Male ENFPs are different to Female ENFPs for instance...

As far as a Male ENFP is concerned, sometimes they will beat you to the punch and ask you out before you can say "I love eating roast chicken!" When it comes down to it, I think it just comes down to reading body language.. For me, I didn't get into an "official relationship" with my girlfriend until we were both hugging each other for an hr.. haha.. It was like we were dating without having the label. So I attached the label after our behaviour equated dating.. That's my 50 cents worth if anyone else can relate?
:tongue:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I never knew there are such people. They are loving and caring and so much fun to be around! Seems like they love everyone. What signs would an ENFP show if he has interest in dating you?
I'm a bit more timid than @Moby. I'm often caught glancing at people I'm interested in. That's really the dead giveaway. But, the INTJ's I know are terrible at noticing that, so try really hard.

In addition, I'll try to talk to you, but I'm not the most persistent.

EDIT: and I mean often. If on more than one occasion your think that they are looking at you, go for it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
He talks to everyone else but me and when he does he'd get bloody sarcastic. Being an introvert, I find it difficult to converse with him. IMHO, it's a possibility that he doesn't like me. Correct me if I'm wrong, please. I haven't cared too much about it anyhow. As an INTJ, I prefer not to waste time in something that is uncertain.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm a bit more timid than @Moby. I'm often caught glancing at people I'm interested in. That's really the dead giveaway. But, the INTJ's I know are terrible at noticing that, so try really hard.

In addition, I'll try to talk to you, but I'm not the most persistent.

EDIT: and I mean often. If on more than one occasion your think that they are looking at you, go for it.
I've seen him sneak glances at me plenty of times.

Reactions: ellasanvictores

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I would not be obvious re: dating.

You know I like you if I want to spend the time to be your friend. If I ask a lot of questions instead of just chatting. If I chat about random crap instead of just say "catch ya later".

Depending on how approachable you are, I may not even try to be your close friend. Instead, watch you from afar and relish the moments when I get to say hey - pretending I dont even really care - meanwhile my heart is back-flipping in my chest.

If we are already friends I might pick on you lol... listen to your problems, look out for you, crack jokes to make you laugh etc .

hey, i am not sure this kinda thing is ENFP related. unless ENFP's are agreeing with all this lol

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
The number one thing is that I simply express major interest in getting to know that person. I am suddenly trying to be their very good friend. I also try and find a way to be in the same general vicinity as them. I'm very good at hiding my feelings from the person I'm interested in. However, close friends and family know. ^^' Simply because they know me. If the person, I can tell, is introverted and quiet, I take that into account when I interact. If the person doesn't like physical contact, I take that into account as well. I react to whatever that person does. If you look closely, I am constantly scanning for information about that person. I begin to mirror the person in order to get to know them and make them feel more comfortable - for instance, talking in a similar way.

The biggest give away is that I tend to "follow" the person to be around them. Not in a stalkerish way. O_O Well, kind of, I suppose. D:

I point things out about that person in front of them. If that person doesn't notice something good about themselves that I do, I will point it out. For instance, "You're very noble, did you know that?" Sometimes I might say, "I honestly wish I were more like you." Those compliments mean a lot.

I am going to be looking for assurance that the person likes me at least as a friend. I will then look for other signs. If I don't see any of those, I bury my feelings so they are harder for that person to see.

·
Registered
91 Posts
With everyone saying teasing, I'd have to disagree. I tend to just tease anyone, physically and verbally, because I think it's fun. For me, if I talk to you on my own initiative A LOT, you're good. I'll never really reject anyone who wants to talk to me, and I love long conversations, so if you talk to me and are like "Wow. He really likes talking to me!" Nope, it's just something I have for everyone. Everything else, like compliments, and jokes, and laughing, that applies to everyone I talk to.

But I think it's not something just ENFPs have. If someone initiates conversations a lot, or meets up with you a lot, I think that's just interest in general. And if I'm REALLY interested, and you still haven't noticed, I'd tap into some inner idealism, and ask you out, my way. Last time, I think I wrote a really long poem. It was a nice blend of light heartedness, but also seriousness. It worked ^.^

1 - 20 of 32 Posts