Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm really confused, do not know if I really either introverted or extroverted , I admit that I like being alone and always avoid social gatherings , even so I get excited and I was full of energy when I talk to people , I am not a quiet person, I am able to talk to any and I have no problems.

I've also read that some people despite being extroverted , prefer to spend their time alone and may seem shy people, I think I 'm that kind of extroverted, this is not if typical the entj but I am very imaginative , invented nonexistent worlds in my mind , but that's another topic

That and you pienasn , which defines a real extrovert ?

·
Registered
159 Posts
My entj friend is the same way. He can talk to just about anyone throughout the day without issue and doesn't require much recharge time, but he also likes to be alone and avoids most social gatherings. I believe it's entjs and entps that are considered the most introverted extraverts.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I'm curious about the answer too.

According to my latest function check, I lead with an extroverted process but socially I'm reserved and get annoyed by the presence of others after a while. I also have that pesky 5 enneagram which correlates highly with introversion.

Reactions: cue5c and hannibal

·
Banned
2,375 Posts
Do you get energy from being by yourself? or when you are socializing? There's plenty of stereotypes regarding both, but it really comes down to just that. Do whatever experiments you need to find out, and then you have your answer.

Here's a link to a informative and reliable source to help you: The Myers & Briggs Foundation - Extraversion or Introversion

Reactions: hannibal

·
Registered
7,053 Posts
Introversion and Extraversion come down to whether you are subjective or objective. Time and time again I will say, it has nothing to do with wanting more alone time over social time, or whether or not you get energised by people or not. Functions are a way of thinking.

I get energised by being around people, and I can enjoy it for extended periods of time. I can also want to stay at home and do some personal project for an extended period of time. It doesn't really matter what I do. It's why I do it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Introversion and Extraversion come down to whether you are subjective or objective. Time and time again I will say, it has nothing to do with wanting more alone time over social time, or whether or not you get energised by people or not. Functions are a way of thinking.

I get energised by being around people, and I can enjoy it for extended periods of time. I can also want to stay at home and do some personal project for an extended period of time. It doesn't really matter what I do. It's why I do it.
I do not understand what you mean, could you explain me better?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do you get energy from being by yourself? or when you are socializing? There's plenty of stereotypes regarding both, but it really comes down to just that. Do whatever experiments you need to find out, and then you have your answer.

Here's a link to a informative and reliable source to help you: The Myers & Briggs Foundation - Extraversion or Introversion
the problem is that some features of the extroverted type if I and others not, I can usually talk to everybody, but I am very imaginative worlds in my head I do not know if extroverts maybe so, you think you?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My entj friend is the same way. He can talk to just about anyone throughout the day without issue and doesn't require much recharge time, but he also likes to be alone and avoids most social gatherings. I believe it's entjs and entps that are considered the most introverted extraverts.

In any case, I am restless and impatient and always try to be the leader, but I like being alone, another feature that makes me difference of entj is I'm not imposing, not ruthless and if I have empathy, I'm not a robot, and I am very imaginative, I like to go into my mind, not if it is normal for entj,what do you think?

PD:in my opinión, entp are very outgoing and unpredictable, if you knew my dad would understand me: P

·
Registered
656 Posts
Have you ever noticed, when talking to some people, it seemed like they were in a bubble? I imagine introverts would never notice this if they were talking to another introvert but extroverts would.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Introversion and Extraversion come down to whether you are subjective or objective.
This seems rather difficult to self-assess though. Isn't everyone a bit of both due to having both subjective and objective processes?

Reactions: hannibal

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Have you ever noticed, when talking to some people, it seemed like they were in a bubble? I imagine introverts would never notice this if they were talking to another introvert but extroverts would.
I always notice when a person gets very reserved, but I think it is due to shyness rather than introversion,are not the same

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This seems rather difficult to self-assess though. Isn't everyone a bit of both due to having both subjective and objective processes?
Besides, I do not think a subjective person is more introverted, everyone is subjective, the colors are, including black and white, because the brain is always going to change reality, I think I'm digressing some xd

·
Registered
5,248 Posts
FWIW I think the point about subjective/objective means do you focus more on the subject (the experiencer) or the object (the experience).

Jung at one point wrote the example of an introvert and extravert who go exploring. They wind up at a castle. The introvert is concerned, fearing deterrents; the extravert is excited, imagining adventure. Upon going in, they discover that the castle has been rebuilt, and nothing of the past remains but old manuscripts. The introverted is delighted while the extravert is disappointed. The introvert is intrigued by the subject: what the castle means, what its origins are, what its history is. The extravert is intrigued by the object: what the castle contains, the sort of adventure it can provide, what can be experienced.

It's a simplistic example but it can give you an idea of the subject versus object dichotomy.

Personally I just find that I'm so wrapped up in my own experience that it's hard to imagine myself as anything but an introvert.

·
Registered
7,053 Posts
Not if you really think about it. Everyone contains both Extraverted and Introverted functions, therefore they would be capable of both - it's just your main way of thinking.

·
Registered
7,053 Posts
I do not understand what you mean, could you explain me better?
Are you aware of cognitive functions?

Introverted functions are subjective points of perspectives or judgements and extraversion would be objective points of views and judgements.

·
Registered
7,053 Posts
FWIW I think the point about subjective/objective means do you focus more on the subject (the experiencer) or the object (the experience).

Jung at one point wrote the example of an introvert and extravert who go exploring. They wind up at a castle. The introvert is concerned, fearing deterrents; the extravert is excited, imagining adventure. Upon going in, they discover that the castle has been rebuilt, and nothing of the past remains but old manuscripts. The introverted is delighted while the extravert is disappointed. The introvert is intrigued by the subject: what the castle means, what its origins are, what its history is. The extravert is intrigued by the object: what the castle contains, the sort of adventure it can provide, what can be experienced.

It's a simplistic example but it can give you an idea of the subject versus object dichotomy.

Personally I just find that I'm so wrapped up in my own experience that it's hard to imagine myself as anything but an introvert.
Yes, exactly.

If you think about where the terms introversion and extraversion come from, there is a hint within them. Introversion meaning interior and extraversion meaning exterior. Introversion would be more concerned on the inner subject, and the extrovert would be concerned with the outer object.

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
I'm really confused, do not know if I really either introverted or extroverted , I admit that I like being alone and always avoid social gatherings , even so I get excited and I was full of energy when I talk to people , I am not a quiet person, I am able to talk to any and I have no problems.

I've also read that some people despite being extroverted , prefer to spend their time alone and may seem shy people, I think I 'm that kind of extroverted, this is not if typical the entj but I am very imaginative , invented nonexistent worlds in my mind , but that's another topic

That and you pienasn , which defines a real extrovert ?
If you prefer to be alone in general, you are probably an introvert.

here are some characteristics of E vs I from official MBTI sources:

http://personalitycafe.com/myers-briggs-forum/273458-mbti-reference.html#post8367010

You may also want to look into MBTI step II where they look at five facets (subcategories) of each dichotomy. Maybe you are a gregarious introvert or some such.

http://personalitycafe.com/myers-briggs-forum/222794-descriptions-mbti-step-ii-facets.html

EDIT:

Have a look at these articles too:
[url]http://www.dunning.ca/blog/mistyping-is-your-natural-preference-introversion-or-extraversion/[/URL]
[url]http://www.dunning.ca/blog/what%E2%80%99s-your-preference-extraversion-or-introversion/[/URL]

1 - 20 of 22 Posts