Personality Cafe banner

How to know your dominant function?

2K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  Stevester 
I don't know about Fi and Se in ISFPs or ESFPs, but I believe a general rule of thumb is that your dominant function is where you feel at your best.

Think back to moments where you've felt like you're totally killing it, in a great mood.. in control.. comfortable in your own skin.m excelling at something that is natural for you... in a "flow" state - consider what you were doing, and what made you feel so good.

It is my understanding that to apply this theory to Se would be to get a bit of a rush when there is a lot going on - feeling at home in the hustle and bustle of a crowd, feeling at home driving fast with the music blaring, feeling at home and in the zone absorbing all the scents of some tasty food while eating some before it's ready.
If indulging your senses gives you butterflys and makes you feel truly yourself, at your best, most happiest, I'd suggest Se is a possibility.

My understanding of Fi unfortunately isn't as solid - I'd love to hear an Fi dom express how they feel at their best and in that flow state.

I imagine it would be.. freedom to do what you want, without any kind of external pressure - everybody loves this no doubt, but I picture an Fi dom feeling the same feelings I described an Se dom might feel, when they're afforded the luxury of complete freedom to do as they please, in their own time, however they want - an example might be that they love video games - so when they know they can play a game, without any pressure - no partner needing them, no chores to do, nothing on their mind - absolutely no external pressure - not even time - then they feel in that zone, at their best, most mentally healthy, most happy... if this kind of thing is what makes you feel at your best, perhaps Fi is more dominant.. but, I'd love to hear from an Fi dom about this kind of thing.

If this is true, I think an Fi dom would have a hard time really finding a career that allows them to get in the zone.

Reactions: a peach
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.