Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
6,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you write a love letter to an INTJ?

Do ya'll do​ love letters?

·
Registered
INTJ 5w6
2,506 Posts

This is a good question, thus I will do a YouTube Video on it.
It will be released in about a week but I will give you the private link in the meantime.
Message me "hello" over here: https://www.youtube.com/user/cztanu, just to remind me to send you the link.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Short poems seem to always work in my favor xD

·
Banned
6,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
but what to put in the poem/letter/e-mail?

·
Registered
12,000 Posts
you're thinking of writing one, aren'tcha?

i've never had one, as far as i can recall anyway. so either i've never had one, or it was so non-event-ish to me it dropped out of my mind. on the other hand, i have had people say things to me, in email or in person, that have stayed in my mind forever. it's all about the person and the relationship though. i think i'd be uncomfortable getting something like that from someone whose feelings i wasn't down with.

Reactions: MirrorSmile

·
Banned
6,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok.....*whispers to self* don't do letters/e-mails/poems...

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
I wouldn't want anything that was gushy/mushy or stereotypical things that people think "should" go into a love letter or even that they are giving me a love letter because it's what a guy is "supposed to do". Once, I was about to move away for 6 months and I had recently grown somewhat close to a new group of friends and one of them wrote me a really sincere, heartfelt note about how much they've enjoyed their time with me and wrote some things specific about me they would miss and I burst out crying! Lol thank goodness I was home alone! Haha that was just from a friend but I imagine I'd appreciate something similar from an SO. It just needs to be something based in reality and sincere.
No silly "you are like a sunset" blah blah stuff for me!! A guy once wrote me a poem and we barely knew each other and were just going on a first date. I threw it away afterwards! It was meaningless to me, just a posturing gesture, not really a true reflection of feeling. Now, I could make some concessions if I knew the person well and knew that they expressed themselves artistically and so this is how they chose to do it and it had elements of genuine feeling for me..but I probably would still kind of not quite get it.

So, I dunno if that is an INTJ thing of just a me thing- but I'd say be genuine and specific...that is how you write a love letter to (this) INTJ.

·
Banned
6,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok...so ENTPs are similar with the whole mushy stuff. It would be [somewhat] like this:

Hey!

I just wanted you to know that you're the most intelligent being I am currently aware of. Your ability to sit still and find all the holes in my crazy ideas is amazing, and I couldn't enjoy your company more! I quite enjoy it when you actually sit and listen through my insane trend-searching, and meeting you kinda made me more of a person, as I tended to be more shallow and couldn't stick around with one person before I met you. I guess I'm making this too much about me, but I just wanted to say you're a great person, and you should be more confident in your interactions with others. They could learn something from you, and I could do well with a world more of people like you.

Anyways, I guess I'm just trying to say that I love being around you, and (I think...I never know with this whole "love" stuff) that I like you.

your best friend,
me

·
Registered
12,000 Posts
I wouldn't want anything that was gushy/mushy or stereotypical things that people think "should" go into a love letter or even that they are giving me a love letter because it's what a guy is "supposed to do".
yes, this.

I'd say be genuine and specific...that is how you write a love letter to (this) INTJ.
and this. there's one love letter i'm kind of sorry i never got now. the guy wrote it and said he 'left it in pieces in the ashtray at some greyhound station' but when he told me about it awhile later, he said 'it might have been a catalogue of you, but it was heartfelt'. said he knew he couldn't/shouldn't send it. and he was right, so i'm not sorry he shredded it. but something like that i think i would have read.

Reactions: EyesOpen

·
World's biggest INTJ fangirl
2,314 Posts
Naww, love letters are cute! Just don't expect a gushy response lol. In fact don't expect much of a response at all.
If it's their heart your trying to win, then one on one witty banter followed up by intellectual conversation that gets their Ni juices flowing ought to suffice.They love Ne... it's like candy for their minds. ;)
If it's a feeling response you're trying to get out of them, then realise Fi being pounded by Ni-Te doesn't allow them to simply express their 'feels'. There are... other ways of getting how they feel about you out of them...

·
Banned
6,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Naww, love letters are cute! Just don't expect a gushy response lol. In fact don't expect much of a response at all.
If it's their heart your trying to win, then one on one witty banter followed up by intellectual conversation that gets their Ni juices flowing ought to suffice.They love Ne... it's like candy for their minds. ;)
If it's a feeling response you're trying to get out of them, then realise Fi being pounded by Ni-Te doesn't allow them to simply express their 'feels'. There are... other ways of getting how they feel about you out of them...

Oooh Ooh! Share! Share!

Teach me, sensai, the art of sucking out the INTJ feels! And what if they already expressed the feels? Does it mean anything? How can I get them to do it again?

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Ok...so ENTPs are similar with the whole mushy stuff. It would be [somewhat] like this:

Hey!

I just wanted you to know that you're the most intelligent being I am currently aware of. Your ability to sit still and find all the holes in my crazy ideas is amazing, and I couldn't enjoy your company more! I quite enjoy it when you actually sit and listen through my insane trend-searching, and meeting you kinda made me more of a person, as I tended to be more shallow and couldn't stick around with one person before I met you. I guess I'm making this too much about me, but I just wanted to say you're a great person, and you should be more confident in your interactions with others. They could learn something from you, and I could do well with a world more of people like you.

Anyways, I guess I'm just trying to say that I love being around you, and (I think...I never know with this whole "love" stuff) that I like you.

your best friend,
me
Yeah, something like this is along the right lines...though, has this INTJ verbally expressed to you that they feel not confident with interacting with others? Because I feel like that's something people "read" into me that I don't feel is actually true for myself...so you don't want to be making assumptions about how an INTJ feels, what they should do, etc. I know that was just an example and I don't know the nature of the relationship and things that have been discussed ..but that little piece stuck out to me as something that would irk me if I got that lol especially from an "E" :D of course, if they have verbally expressed that...that's different. But yes, irrelavent details I'm getting into...a letter like the one you gave as an example is basically it, yeah.

·
Registered
946 Posts

I've been surprised at how much letters can mean to me. Not necessarily romantically, but I do feel attached to people's words to me.

If you want your love letter to an INTJ to be meaningful and show your affection in an appreciable way...

Be honest and authentic. Write in your own voice. Don't make things up -- talk about what you actually see in them.

Focus on the INTJ's identity and actions. It's great for you to feel appreciation for us, and we care about it, but we also want to know why: what qualities did we show; how did we serve you? Give evidence for your affection. Prove that what you see is real.

Appeal to intuition. Write so that you get them thinking about possibilities, and foster a hope to see them realized. If possible, plant a really profound, intricate idea at the centre of your letter.

Appeal to sensing. Easy enough: package food with the letter.

I'm not sure how serious I am about that... but INTJ's can actually be very sensual. Speaking to Extroverted Sensing can yield some really powerful responses from us.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I'm a guy, I've never received a love letter, and this is probably more related to my enneagram than type, but I'd want affirmation. If I truly care about someone, I'm always actively trying to help them with anything they need, but as someone who isn't great at reading emotional responses I can never tell if what I'm doing is appreciated or not. It always makes me very, very happy when a close friend tells me they're honored by my effort for them and they explain at least a little bit why. I dunno if that counts for anything. I love each and every one of my friends and a love letter including that would remove all doubt in my mind that we could become something more.

·
Banned
6,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Great! I am the thankful for the advices. One more question:

How do you siphon the feels out of INTJ?

·
Registered
12,000 Posts
Great! I am the thankful for the advices. One more question:

How do you siphon the feels out of INTJ?
oh dude. we can't tell you that. not being flip here either, although maybe someone else would. but it's not right to set your unknown intj up with a whole bunch of insider-kryptonite moves that you got off a bunch of strangers. i think if you really honour her, you'd be better off in the long run just being you and taking your chances with that.

however. you could try just skipping this middleman step and telling her personally that you really do want her feels, and hope you'll get to see them some day.

·
Banned
6,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Noooo! Why can't I have the sacred knowledge? I made her feels before! I just want to know how to do it again!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.