Personality Cafe banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
ISFP
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When life is uncertain, and we are going through a global crisis as such, it is counter-productive to just sit and brood.

I am learning a new language in Duolingo, learning shuffle dancing and tutting, learning how to cook, making yoga and meditation a habit slowly, listening to podcasts, catching up on studies, watching classic movies, and reading some books that I wouldn't have time to read otherwise, etc.

How are you spending your quarantine?

·
Registered
ISTP 9w8
569 Posts
I work at home. You'd think not having to commute would give me more free time but no, I've just been procrastinating a ton instead, leading to longer workdays overall and an even worse work-life balance than before.

On the plus side, I'm catching up on a lot of TV shows and watching more movies than I normally do.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Listening to/playing music, playing Animal Crossing, painting, exercising, tackling my to-read list, having good conversations, singing... Getting back into hobbies we would've otherwise neglected :)

·
Registered
15,083 Posts
I've been cooking, writing, playing random shitty games, and thinking more about how much I hate myself and want to die.

Can't seem to stop myself from sitting and brooding. No motivation, nothing really that can distract me from my misery.

·
Registered
ENFP-A 359 sp/sx
1,242 Posts
Advancing my Habitica RPG... learning code, investing in religious/philosophical subjects,
rehearsing Russian, reading, journalling, reviewing college studies.
Editing/polishing/publishing design work and filling out my portfolio.
Martial arts picks up again tomorrow, virtually. I'm going to force myself to trek outdoors more often.
Just focusing on little accomplishments. ^.^

·
Registered
ISFP
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Advancing my Habitica RPG... learning code, investing in religious/philosophical subjects,
Martial arts picks up again tomorrow, virtually. I'm going to force myself to trek outdoors more often.
How do you manage to be so productive? I feel like I need someone to supervise me at all times to ensure I don't procrastinate! :'(

·
Registered
ISFP
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've been cooking, writing, playing random shitty games, and thinking more about how much I hate myself and want to die.

Can't seem to stop myself from sitting and brooding. No motivation, nothing really that can distract me from my misery.
It's quite common to be miserable, as it is a situation none of us imagined being in. It's ok not to be productive, it's ok just to take time to let yourself heal instead of trying to accomplish more than you can handle. :jazz:

·
Registered
ISFP
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i'm an essential worker so yeah....
That's a good thing and bad. You are less likely to feel the pinch of running out of money, I guess. In our country, they don't give money to help people who lost their source of income. You either have a rainy day fund or you die...sad reality.

·
Banned
2,375 Posts
That's a good thing and bad. You are less likely to feel the pinch of running out of money, I guess. In our country, they don't give money to help people who lost their source of income. You either have a rainy day fund or you die...sad reality.
it's a dog eat dog world

where you from?

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
I've had zero motivation to do anything but I've been cooking a lot since I still need to eat. I could still order takeout but I haven't. I also decided I need to lose weight, not just because I'm dissatisfied with my appearance but because I've been having muscle aches, so I've been making healthier foods lately. I've realized that while I'm not a very good cook, I can at least follow a recipe.

I still work, but from home now, and realized that I really like it. (I guess it helps that I live alone.) I really hope more jobs will be available remotely once the economy starts picking up again, which hopefully will be within the next few months.

·
Registered
730 Posts
How are you spending your quarantine?
I started on some of the things I never seem to have time for..

In the beginning it was hard but I started to meditate again, and it helped a lot. I do yoga with my colleagues on skype. I'm fixing clothes by sewing, painted a chair, also started painting (pictures) again. And a lot of working with myself on myself by myself for myself :p Movies, audiobooks and cooking I did before the corona, so I guess that doesn't count as a new activity but more a continuance?

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Funny story, I first heard about Habitica years ago and thought it looked cool but somehow forgot about it and never downloaded it. Thanks for unintentionally reminding me it existed, lol!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts