Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this very short and concise documentary on youtube named like the title of this thread about the art of manipulation quite valuable.

1. What do you ppl consider are the best ways to efficiently manipulate in order to gain advantage over the other(s).

2. What should ppl know in order to protect themselves from all types of exploatation?

·
Registered
167 Posts
1. In my experience, it really depends upon the person/s and how subtle you need/want to be about it.

2. I believe I found the video you mentioned, and it suggests you have to know yourself inside and out to avoid getting manipulated. I think this is a ridiculous expectation. I believe that asking yourself if you feel like you are getting a fair deal out of the situation is good enough. Regardless of the other persons intentions, if you weight what you are giving vs what you are receiving and believe you are getting a fair deal that you are happy with then why change the situation? If you are not, then remove yourself from said situation.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I found this very short and concise documentary on youtube named like the title of this thread about the art of manipulation quite valuable.

1. What do you ppl consider are the best ways to efficiently manipulate in order to gain advantage over the other(s).

2. What should ppl know in order to protect themselves from all types of exploatation?
I've once found a very accurate guide and it was even shorter and more concise, because it was consisted of only one point.

1. Become a sociopathic INTJ.

·
Banned
2,152 Posts

1. Become a sociopathic INTJ.
What's this "becoming" shit?

No, it really works, though: you just have to get really good at pretending like you give a shit about whatever line of crap whoever you're manipulating emits from their WWI-trench-filled-with-floating-corpses-like gullets.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
The 6 principles of persuasion, and the 48 laws of power are worth studying. The Art of War and The Prince are good too, but I think the writing styles are a little outdated and drawn out.

I think manipulating people into doing specific things is a waste of time and energy (maneuvering one's self in constructive ways while being mindful of the social environment is more along the lines of what I advocate), but the practicality of those books in handling social politics and conflict situations is undeniable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts