Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 262 Posts

·
Banned
526 Posts
Just wondering...
It's that damn T.

My brother is definitely a T and it has conflicted with my INFPness one time or another. Like one time for example my family had just checked into a hotel and he decided to engage his boss mode trying to call the shots saying "Justin (thats my name btw), go get the luggage out of the car". Now, looking back on this scenario I know that his logicalness was just trying to get things done, but you don't just call the shots like that and expect me to submit to your egotistical shot calling.

·
Registered
820 Posts
- shut the fuck up even for a second
- if I'm being serious about something don't laugh at the thing I'm being serious of. If you laugh it'll hurt me and I will never again talk to you about that subject no matter how important it is to me.
- actually I want you to treat me with kindness and care and besides that I want you to treat everybody with that same kindness and care. I you don't I'll just think you're an ass.

·
Registered
838 Posts
That's obvious; INFPs don't like logic and rational coherent thoughts and ideas.

[That is what I call a joke.] I'm not actually sure why you hate T. That is like me saying I hate feelings. I don't hate feelings, they're needed and if I didn't have them I'd be a robot [or STJ. Ba Bum Tish].

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
i really hate people that are completely aware of my feelings/sensitivity, but go out of their way to push my buttons or attack me in a way that they know would bug the living hell outta me. Oblivious/ignorant people i can forgive, but those who know me well enough to know the boundaries still n cross them, well i just push them away further til there's no contact left at all.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I have a mocking sense of... well, I just like mocking people. I also like pushing buttons and people's boundaries. To quote paraphrase D.Tosh "My style of comedy is taking a joke so far until no one gets it and is saying 'This guy is an asshole'."

4,757 Posts
What would you consider 'pushing someone's buttons'? I have a mocking sense of humor quite a bit of the time. It's completely playful and meaningless...Would that piss you off?
I'm very used to being mocked and I mock myself quite a bit (that's very easy being an overly self-critical INFP), but I will get very pissed off if you just dismiss my deeply held beliefs out of hand or mock them. That Fi can be deadly if you step over the line - even unintentionally. My brother is also an INFP and we mock each other all the time - everything is one big joke until the Fi comes into play. What arises is what I call a Fi vs Fi deathmatch. Not pretty.

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
I dont mind people mocking me because i mock myself all the time, but i think what is defined as a boundary for me is what was said to poke fun (or constructive criticism) and what was said to attack (with intent to hurt). Like today for example, i found out that my sister excluded me out of her wedding activity but included all my other siblings. She also said that she excluded me because she doesn't trust that i can keep a secret from my parents. Something like that would be crossing a boundary. (especially since i'm so damn quiet that i would be the LAST person accused of telling secrets, so it's just an excuse for something else)

I'll admit there are some days where i can take things a lot more serious than other days, and i can easily misjudge someone's intentions. I guess this is why things get so difficult, but i can usually make the right call when given time to think about it.

·
Banned
3,624 Posts
That's obvious; INFPs don't like logic and rational coherent thoughts and ideas.

[That is what I call a joke.] I'm not actually sure why you hate T. That is like me saying I hate feelings. I don't hate feelings, they're needed and if I didn't have them I'd be a robot [or STJ. Ba Bum Tish].
Well, the statement in that joke is often added to a lot of infp profiles. Jokes' on us, right? :crying: haha. Wow, I only just realised the ->:crying: emoticon actually cries. I thought it was just two eyebrows on a face 0_o

What would you consider 'pushing someone's buttons'? I have a mocking sense of humor quite a bit of the time. It's completely playful and meaningless...Would that piss you off?
I guess it's all about the time and place, who you are in relation to the infp, and the infp themself. If you know an infp gets pissed off when you say something about them in particular, and you continue doing so after they express they don't like it, I think that would count as 'pushing buttons'.

I have a mocking sense of... well, I just like mocking people. I also like pushing buttons and people's boundaries. To quote paraphrase D.Tosh "My style of comedy is taking a joke so far until no one gets it and is saying 'This guy is an asshole'."
I do this too, to a degree. I usually get away with it, because I openly 'mock myself' and am often the butt of jokes, because I can take it. What pisses me off, is when someone is a prick and they can't take it back. I dedicate this to all the people out there who give it, but can't take it:

·
Registered
838 Posts
The trick isn't 'not giving your button away'. The trick is learning to leave with out your button. Throw your button to a crowd of people and let them play with it. You'll soon learn that it doesn't matter anyways. The only person that can truly press your button is yourself. You caring about them grants them power over you.

But what do I know? I'm just a philosophical madman.

·
Registered
565 Posts
the sort of person who pisses me off: arrogant, logic-obsessed, mocks my values and provokes me, deliberate thoughtlessness to annoy me, egotistical....

ironically enough, those are all traits of my best friend :laughing:
we argue a lot, tear each other apart, hate each other, attack and sabotage each other - and then we have the most fun and hilarious times, the best of friends, we connect, it is wonderful

it is an odd friendship, we are 'the worst best friends ever' :proud:

1 - 20 of 262 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.