Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

So I'm roommates with an ESFP, and one of our rules is that we divide the cleaning of bathrooms so that we each take one. But he always seems to duck out of properly cleaning them, and I wind up doing all of it.

I've tried being logical, and telling him straight up that since he makes the most mess, he should clean them up. But that doesn't seem to work on him.

Does anyone have any tips on how to communicate with him?

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
His reasons aren't very logical if he's an ESFP so try to understand where he's coming from and resonate instead of reason.

·
God of 1000 Suns
2,547 Posts
If he isnt properly cleaning them then its possible that he thinks he's doing a good enough job to appease you. Tell him its not good enough and if necessary you might have to show him what enough is.

If he gives you flak then tell him he's gross and get angry at him and appeal to his pride. (I'd like to think this was a joke but really... its just how I would handle the situation as a dude)

Dudes are gross.

I was gross. Then I learned I was gross. Women don't like gross bathrooms. I like women.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
So he is a feeler (Fi) and his dominant function is sensing (Se). So basically, logic and reasoning will have less appeal than physical rewards.

This strat could potentially work if you wanna check it out.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Hey guys!

So I'm roommates with an ESFP, and one of our rules is that we divide the cleaning of bathrooms so that we each take one. But he always seems to duck out of properly cleaning them, and I wind up doing all of it.

I've tried being logical, and telling him straight up that since he makes the most mess, he should clean them up. But that doesn't seem to work on him.

Does anyone have any tips on how to communicate with him?

Some people just don't care. There's nothing you can do. Well, there is always violence

1 - 5 of 5 Posts