Personality Cafe banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When my T and J went to extreme even a very small matter makes me feel sooooooo impatient.

I start to ask why and start to discuss.

However as time pass by and some experiences.
I found some very useful way to minimize my anger.

1. Tell yourself what to expect in the most situation. Anticipate the situation and think what you want.

2. Try to spend time to relax or laugh together with your friends and family( the one that you can trust, or stranger). As crazy as possible. Again tell yourself this is what you want. I find it really useful because can forget the stress.

3. Solve your problem asap. If not you can't even relax. In my case I can't sleep, non stop thinking how to solve.

4. Nurture your F site( this is not really a good option because you might burst one day because the problem is unable to be solved).

5. Ignore the person or thing which is troublesome and useless asap. Sometime somethings or somebody you just can't fix it. So ask yourself again what you want and non stop tell yourself what you want and don't be serious with unnecessary things or ppl. However, play strategically.

If you have more insight about how to solve your impatient nature pls share.

·
Registered
842 Posts
The only time I get impatient is when I'm trying to make use of a service that is either extremely slow due to incompetence or is just plain dysfunctional. I also road rage at slow drivers.

How about you plan pauses in your work life? That way you won't feel out of control if your friends interrupt your plans. As an extrovert, it may help for you to find a friend that is willling to put up with relentless venting. It helps a lot.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Definitely don't feed on the anger. Some of the things that I do:

1) Assume the best about everyone. Assume that they are competent, not lazy, and want to do a good job. Assume that the only problem is one of communication.

2) Instead of trying to shove it down or like.. suppress or mask it, push it out. Imagine that you are filled with um... "good" energy and feelings and that its pouring out of you. Fill up on good stuff so that there's no room for bad.

#2 sounds stupid when I'm describing it, I know, but its a basic mediation exercise. The point being, if you let the anger consume you and react to it that is all that you will project to people outward. All of your good points of how correct you are will be missed because you are attacking them with the negativity.

Once in place you will have a much clearer head about stuff. Impatience is a form of anger to me. You cant bring all of the good things out and into the world (which is the goal in some form) if you are coming at it from a bad place.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The only time I get impatient is when I'm trying to make use of a service that is either extremely slow due to incompetence or is just plain dysfunctional. I also road rage at slow drivers.

Yes, need to identify very quickly how to get good services, nice facilities, etc.
That is why most of the time I do lots of researches especially on Internet, the front liner, strangers etc.

Make use of the things n ppl to get the understanding as much as possible.
Most of the time, felt that ppl kinda piss off. But most of the time I really think that the ppl around don't know how to give good solution(err, it depends on different countries and culture, but most of the ppl especially w a bad system n less freedom, the ppl there tend to be much more insufficient and unable to think. Cause lots of unwanted feeling, office politics problems.

Previously I work w an entj boss, he knows how to make me learn, we think the same, if we got the same information. Almost the same solution.

Due to my country's culture, or my family culture, I'm less dare to provide solution not until he told me once, what I need you is solve the problem for me.

I told him, "ok, u said so!"
Since then I found myself think like him, or even Better(it depends on your exposure, knowledge, strategies n openness)

I spend more time doing the above mattered, I think, bill gates, Jack welch is the same type because when I read their books, what we think are the same.

I told these to my family and friends but they said I'm thinking too much, I was really frustrated. U know, one side you know that you are capable but frustrated that you are not yet as successful as them(got the title, results,$, recognization etc) , at the same time not being accept or negative responses from the people around u(in short, did not get any support).

I especially felt it recently because I felt the support from an infp. He is willingly to listen to me, follow what I said regardless how I act. I think the acceptance, he want us to have nice time( n he look at me vey differently, although he deny) is so important to me.

After read some forum regarding entj n infp I kinda sure that we or maybe only me as entj felt better when someone (like what you said a friend who is there always, for u, restless venting,) be so nice to us, nurture my f side, I felt less anger n b much more patient, felt kinda balanced. But, still because I'm not yet success that is y I felt anger sometimes.

However, I think I miss infp sometime....

Kinda complex(felt insecure because seldom talk w somebody about this kind of topic in depth, tat is y I wanna ask do u guys know what I mean, (although I'm certain that the answer is yes)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Another ways to reduce the impatient

Today read another forum on the topic of difficulty in making friends.
Found that the following points are able to help in reduce impatient.
1. Fulfill the need of being understand and accepted and respect from ppl.
(could try on this forum, I'm so amaze the power of it's the matter of doing and found the right thing in order to make us feel better)

2. Focus in something which is productive and responsive.( sometimes I tend to be too into my own mind, until the more I think the more impatient I am.)
-suggestion: just try to focus in something thoroughly, after that you will feel a sense of accomplishment and felt better.

3. Teach somebody who is teachable
- I found that It is a way to understand our own skill, you can say that your skill is up at the same time. (eg, today I thought somebody to sing, and it's because the fellow is not good, I've found new ways to get more effective techniques to sing, my singing level hence became better.)

4. Identify your emotion simply by just talking.
- This is also really useful. I've used an NGO to practice to identify my own emotion.
- mainly to release my anger, seek for understanding, support and acceptance.
- I also use it for finding the solution by simply talk, the more I speak out the more I discover how to solve my own problems.(sometimes they might ask you back some question make you think back and hence when I try to explain it I found the solution, it's really amazing)
- there are 24hours service in some area (depends on your country) it is free, feel free to Try it!

Befrienders Worldwide

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.