Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to type someone and was wondering what mannerisms you guys have and how I would know he's an entj. Answers?

·
Registered
34 Posts
The one other ENTJ I met was very overbearing. He was six inches shorter than I was, but he was a senior in the same field I was a freshman in. Mannerisms-wise, he talked about using the gym as stress relief. Goes to the gym 6 days a week plus any time he gets stressed on his classwork. He also had the ability to make you agree with anything he says just because he says it so forcefully. Little intimidating, to be honest. Short asian man with a shaved head and lots of muscles.

Reactions: Minesweeper Queen

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
There is no good way to spot one. Depends on the age too.

I would say: structured/organized, thinks out loud, somewhat charismatic, very innovative/comes up with good ideas, stubborn, and a bad listener haha.

Oh, and they also take challenges/stress head on. Whereas some people get dramatic/pessimistic, the ENTJ uses this as fuel to accomplish. At times when others give up, I tend to become more direct, louder, motivated, etc.

·
Registered
782 Posts
There is no good way to spot one. Depends on the age too.

I would say: structured/organized, thinks out loud, somewhat charismatic, very innovative/comes up with good ideas, stubborn, and a bad listener haha.

Oh, and they also take challenges/stress head on. Whereas some people get dramatic/pessimistic, the ENTJ uses this as fuel to accomplish. At times when others give up, I tend to become more direct, louder, motivated, etc.
...me too.

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
How I identify them: Drawn to take action in the moment and attracted to people who act (tertiary Se attraction to auxiliary and dominant Se). May get downright physical sometimes. For example, I was visiting a friend whose mother is ENTJ and she was down in basement where we were sleeping at exactly 8am on Sat morning knocking very loudly on our door for something like 5 minutes to wake us up. I thought she'll break the door down. As for concepts for these action relies on seeing trends and emerging patterns of the past (her mom works in a field that has to do with statistics and evaluating information that comes from some studies their department does). Another ENTJ I've known scorned people for not taking action and instead deliberating too much. He regularly takes martial arts classes himself and shaves his head.

The less stable ENTJ (and ESTJ) may indulge in grandstanding, create "opera-like drama" and exhibit "burning phoenix" syndrome as well as feel that other people useless, rotten, souless beings. I've seen an example of one of the less stable ENTJs who was at time leading a particular group. Several times he has sent very long emails about his resignation, when people left he talked downright betrayal, there were definitely elements of drama focused around him present at all times until he finally did resign one day. He did establish that group at the beginning and did a lot of work for it but the drama did drive some people away. He also loved to talk how good of a provider he is for his family and about his large collection of guns and how everybody should own one.

Another younger (very early 20s) ENTJ that I've met has been perceived as arrogant by a group he tried to join and eventually rejected by others. I liked his go-getter personality but other people didn't like his king-of-the-hill style of conversing where he basically always expected everyone to debate with him. One person said "he heard out everybody's suggestions and then shot them down one by one". This basically made others feel devalued and perceive him as jerk. Strangely enough I didn't have the same perception of him at all, but then I have little perception of Te and it doesn't bug me unless it conflicts with my Fe somehow.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I've only met one but I'm very close to him. He's determined, passionate, and driven. He likes a clean house, dressed impeccably, and has a strong presence. He's very logical and likes to debate in social situations. The way he talks, even normally, is very confident and forceful - if you didn't know him you might think he was being rude or angry. He's successful and in a corporate profession that combines social skills and technical knowledge. He will be able to size up a person immediately and be able to give you a full run-down of their personality, their hopes, their fears, the games they play. He has a great bullshit detector. He can be a little critical of others and will not quit if you get into an argument (not matter how heated it gets he will be adamant that you are not arguing you are "discussing"). He likes to micromanage me around the house - "I noticed you rinsing the sponge this way but it will clean better if you do it my way. Here I'll show you"

He is a homebody but loves the outdoors, I just have to give him a bit of a kick to get out there.

That's how I'd spot an ENTJ :laughing:

·
Registered
782 Posts
I've only met one but I'm very close to him. He's determined, passionate, and driven. He likes a clean house, dressed impeccably, and has a strong presence. He's very logical and likes to debate in social situations. The way he talks, even normally, is very confident and forceful - if you didn't know him you might think he was being rude or angry. He's successful and in a corporate profession that combines social skills and technical knowledge. He will be able to size up a person immediately and be able to give you a full run-down of their personality, their hopes, their fears, the games they play. He has a great bullshit detector. He can be a little critical of others and will not quit if you get into an argument (not matter how heated it gets he will be adamant that you are not arguing you are "discussing"). He likes to micromanage me around the house - "I noticed you rinsing the sponge this way but it will clean better if you do it my way. Here I'll show you"

He is a homebody but loves the outdoors, I just have to give him a bit of a kick to get out there.

That's how I'd spot an ENTJ :laughing:
oh my goodness!! i can TOTALLY relate to that. Here, Ill repost what people have said about me.
" He's determined, passionate, and driven. He likes a clean house, dressed impeccably, and has a strong presence. He's very logical and likes to debate in social situations. "
" He can be a little critical of others and will not quit if you get into an argument (not matter how heated it gets he will be adamant that you are not arguing you are "discussing"). He likes to micromanage me around the house - "I noticed you rinsing the sponge this way but it will clean better if you do it my way. Here I'll show you"
"loves the outdoors"
doppelganger..ohmygosh.
i have been told i have an "overbearing" personality and am too "in your face." what's wrong with that?! also, ive been told countless times to "slow down for a second." uh, NO. ive got a lot of work to do! it's not called "having NO LIFE", it's called being determined and driven. and making a difference. THAT is a "life" to me, not sitting around.
Well to spot an ENTJ, look for someone who's kinda "bossy"[it's called taking charge!!] & a bit loud. Also a definite type A. It's really not that hard:crazy:

·
Registered
782 Posts
Examine the attire. An ENTJ will likely be sporting a bejeweled crown, a luxurious, flowing robe, and a scepter with gold detailing.
More like a business outfit.
Well satire aside, you can't really go by clothes. You need to look for *mannerisms.*

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
He will be able to size up a person immediately and be able to give you a full run-down of their personality, their hopes, their fears, the games they play. He has a great bullshit detector.:
I am this times a million.

I size up everyone - tell you exactly who they are, what their motives are, their strengths, their weaknesses, why I like and don't like them.

·
Registered
34 Posts
He will be able to size up a person immediately and be able to give you a full run-down of their personality, their hopes, their fears, the games they play.
Definitely. My roommate told his girlfriend that it was scary how he could "tell [me] five things about someone and could tell you the person's life story."

Part studying personality, part learned BSing from high school debate, in my opinion.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I finished a class today and my proffesor said "You've definetly made class interesting" and i said "not fun?" and she said "no, just interesting, and trying" and I said "Well if you knew how to do your job better, it wouldn't have been so interesting"

·
Registered
11 Posts
Everyone seems to be repeating the same thing over and over "logical and well-dressed". If you said something else, don't take it personally so we can save time and not take up room on this thread. But yes, I agree: we are very logical, self-confident (with reason), good-looking (not always physically but the ENTJ's I know (myself included) give off a very charming, attractive atmosphere).

·
Registered
782 Posts
If you smell obnoxious cologne, you're in the hunting range.
Does Amarige Givenchy or Belle d'Opium count?
What's so obnoxious about perfume?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Neutron and Oxymoron on the ball. You will detect confidence immediately in a ENTJ and if you pay attention you will notice an aggression towards what others fear. They will walk chest out, shoulders back and eyes forward.

And I am damn good looking as are all other ENTJs I know. Heck, that drawing for my avatar is a very accurate depiction - though at the moment I am a long hair.

Reactions: Staryu

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Does Amarige Givenchy or Belle d'Opium count?
What's so obnoxious about perfume?
Its ease of being used excessively. One ENTJ guy nearly set off an asthma attack from a friend, he wore so much of the crap.

I know that ENTJs secretly love to emulate kings, and how Louis XIVWhatever only took three baths in his life, but still... ;-P

·
Registered
782 Posts
Its ease of being used excessively. One ENTJ guy nearly set off an asthma attack from a friend, he wore so much of the crap.

I know that ENTJs secretly love to emulate kings, and how Louis XIVWhatever only took three baths in his life, but still... ;-P
you got the "ENTJs secretly love to emulate kings [or queens]" part right..for me it's not about emulating kings or w/e it's about walking around with an authoritarian/put together presence, like someone who knows what she's doing and is out to get it done. it actually does help me stick to that plan too.
i wear cologne not exactly for those reasons but because it helps in making a statement in terms of who you are and well..hence the term "signature scent."
i see nothing wrong with wearing perfume, but yes, excessive is unnecessary.most days a body spray and a whiff of whatever perfume does it, no need to spray more than one whiff if it's too strong.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.