Personality Cafe banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just tune in and out, in and out. Waiting until I see somewhere I can get involved.

As you get to know me better, you will see more quirks, oddness, strange sense of relaxedness, sudden and brief moments of extreme intensity, a cynic wit and a bashful demeanor.

My volume and mass in general increase as we get to know each other. Next thing you know, one day you'll wake up and you'll know all about me without even realizing. There is all ease, and a lot of quirks, and some really weird unexpected conflicts or occurrences which will occasionally arise and once dealt with, brushed off lightly as though they never happened. But I may remember something you did during them that I found particularly noble or kind or ironic/significant/stupid/informative and will bring it up in relevant conversation two years later without batting an eye, and possibly discuss them in great detail and ask you about it, talk about how it is relevant to the now, what it makes me think of.
Strongly agree with the above.

Also yes to sarcasm.

Not so much with the scattered searching eyes. Often more focused in place, usually steering the head (not always - as in Ni).

Imagine laser beams coming out of the eyes, moving quite quickly between targets, dragging the head around with it, and pausing just long enough to focus and destroy. If the eyes lock onto a target it does not necessarily mean the target is of interest, it is the subject engaging its intuitive function instead of the sensory function. In essence, the switching between one frame of mind and another is actually very observable in these introverts.

Observe the mouth and jaw for outer manifestations of real feeling. Any attempts at forced expression are strange and unnatural.

·
Banned
6,606 Posts
Strongly agree with the above.

Also yes to sarcasm.

Not so much with the scattered searching eyes. Often more focused in place, usually steering the head (not always - as in Ni).

Imagine laser beams coming out of the eyes, moving quite quickly between targets, dragging the head around with it, and pausing just long enough to focus and destroy. If the eyes lock onto a target it does not necessarily mean the target is of interest, it is the subject engaging its intuitive function instead of the sensory function. In essence, the switching between one frame of mind and another is actually very observable in these introverts.

Observe the mouth and jaw for outer manifestations of real feeling. Any attempts at forced expression are strange and unnatural.

Good call on the jaw.

By tuning in and out, that is very much similar to me as the "Ni" you describe. Focusing on things that are not the actual focus. I know an INFJ who does that a lot as well when in thought, but it's pretty obvious that she's elsewhere even if she would appear intent on the wall or tree or table.

I'll have to look back at what you refer to by scattered eyes... I don't remember remember what I said! :p Maybe that's a nervous thing I was thinking of... Because I tend to be nervous around people.

Interesting.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I was rather vague about that wasn't I? M'apologies.

The "scattered eyes" actually didn't pertain to your post, but the earlier posts in this thread. I know it's a necro thread but I still thought I would address that briefly.

I just highlighted my favourite parts of what you said.

·
Registered
777 Posts
I relate to ISFP type mostly and my mother has always been an extreme ISFP. These are qualities we share that could relate to the type.

Neither of us are sarcastic, but we are very silly. I once said online that perhaps the reason I one gets my jokes online is because I’m not that funny, but am just funny-looking 🤣

I need a special little spot in the world, in nature, that I can go and think. I die inside when I don’t have this. I also have physical nervous energy that causes fidgets and motivates me to walk a lot.

It was interesting to read in this thread about eyes darting around the room because I once made a personality video and I do that to the extreme. A typing video said it was Ne, but then everyone told me I don’t appear to have Ne.

I appear very light and childlike externally which causes people to be dismissive of me and then surprise by my art and music which are extremely dark, spooky, and insightful about deep pain.

Almost everything about society wears me down and I dream of living in the forest with my boyfriend in a quiet life with no pressure and room to create art.

I also do very badly with external pressure. It is distracting noise to me. It shuts me down and makes preparation unduly painful. I’m only self motivated to a fault. When teaching it confuses me to have to pressure others and so I’m flawed in my efforts because I can’t impose pressure on others.

Authenticity means everything to me and in my relationships I prefer to give people space to be who they actually are. It makes relationships difficult because negotiations and compromise can be confused with pressure and inauthenticity.

·
Registered
777 Posts
To add to that last post - I meant that compromise can feel inauthentic in relationships like when you’re lonely but don’t want to pressure a partner to spend time.

I tend to be very flexible for living style - I can adapt to living with a messy person or neat freak. I feel sensory flexibility which is easy and not like compromise. It can even be interesting. I think it’s my Fi that can be rigid.

Reactions: Dagmar

·
Registered
INFJ
5,866 Posts
look for the best dressed person that isn't talking....(if they're typically talking they're an ESFP)

·
Registered
1 Posts
It is only recently that I've discovered socionics and until then, I've thought I would be destined to end up with an INTJ. But now I really want to test out the theories of socionics and see if I can spot ISFPs and notice how I interact with them.

The only problem is I have no clue the little hints that give away sensing types. I know pretty well how to know an iNtuitive type, but I can't just flip it. Oh and try not to just give the generalities like, we're in the here. I don't want that BS, I want key insightful things, such as "Extroverts are typically louder than Introverts when they talk".

Beyond that specific aspect of ISFPs, what are other little nuances that might lead me to properly identify an ISFP?
Hi. This website gave 8 great ways to identify that personality that was clear cut and informative.
You may want to check it out.:)

·
Registered
Whoever I am.
184 Posts
I've been trying to figure that out for the longest time. When I'm with one of my friends (who is an infp) they tend to be concentrated when they talk, and I'm constantly looking around and being distracted by everything. It was always hard to look them in the eyes and talk, or explain something, or even look at them at all without my words wandering off. I'd tend to be so distracted that I wouldn't even know what they just said to me. I always thought that was just me, or I had A.D.D. or something. Thank god I still know I'm an isfp.
interesting I heard from Cognitive 8 that Sensors stare at one spot. But I notice I stare at one spot not to be engaged in my environment but so I can zone out and think of a bunch of things while I stare at it... It's hard to think if my eyes are wondering around because then I am more connected to the now... WOAH! Points towards me not being a sensor shocked face

·
Registered
Whoever I am.
184 Posts
Wow you guys are amazing! I definitely have ISFP like things! I Wore blue lips in highschool I care about the details in how I dress. But I am not really aware of my surroundings or in the present moment I am more in my head. My gut tells me I am infp but this isfp makes sense to me in some ways too! I guess I'm...
"Stuck in the middle with you."

41 - 50 of 50 Posts