Personality Cafe banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Out of curiosity. What makes you interested in the INFJs? I've had some struggles with them recently but I tend to like them, too.
the ISTJ/3 im hanging out with these days is cool n all, shes useful, helpful, wants to be part of a team, great in the sack... but after just 1 month ive already seen just how deep she isnt willing to go. very closed off regarding certain aspects (image related) of her life... which in turn makes me feel guarded/suspicious, and i question the possibility of long term growth between us. she will always care about her public image, which will prevent us from doing what we really want in life, and limit us to doing what appears to be the best. that sort of 'deceit' is already getting frustrating due to its limiting nature.

i guess, for long term partnership/growth, it needs to be about more than just surface level good times... both people need to be willing to dig deep and 'go there'... the couple INFJ's i know, are deep as fuck and more than willing to go there - although they are SO deep, practical matters often put them in a lifestyle i would have a challenge accepting.... but thats for me to deal with... and just gotta find the right one!

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
the ISTJ/3 im hanging out with these days is cool n all, shes useful, helpful, wants to be part of a team, great in the sack... but after just 1 month ive already seen just how deep she isnt willing to go. very closed off regarding certain aspects (image related) of her life... which in turn makes me feel guarded/suspicious, and i question the possibility of long term growth between us. she will always care about her public image, which will prevent us from doing what we really want in life, and limit us to doing what appears to be the best. that sort of 'deceit' is already getting frustrating due to its limiting nature.

i guess, for long term partnership/growth, it needs to be about more than just surface level good times... both people need to be willing to dig deep and 'go there'... the couple INFJ's i know, are deep as fuck and more than willing to go there - although they are SO deep, practical matters often put them in a lifestyle i would have a challenge accepting.... but thats for me to deal with... and just gotta find the right one!
Hard for me to imagine an ISTJ 3... She's soc-first too I guess?... I can't relate to any of this.

Yeah the INFJs are deep, I like that about them too. What do you mean by the lifestyle thing vs practical matters?

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
well i mean, the INFP's i know are just kinda hippy dippy, realize life is simply all connected and we are all the same, we are all the universe acting out, we are all part of 'god'... which means we all make our own reality, and we are all as important/worthy as each other. this line of thought leads them to just sort of float by through life, enjoying each moment (if they are advanced) ...

this lifestyle isnt conducive to grinding away at a career. the ones i know have a difficult time with practical matters.. such as , paying rent, utilities, purchasing furniture, having friends over, socializing regularly, etc...

i dont know about her instinct type, i would guess so/sx. shes hyper concerned about what others think. has multiple facebook groups with various permissions, so various people can see or not see things about her/her past. very aware and protective of her image or how people perceive her.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
well i mean, the INFP's i know are just kinda hippy dippy, realize life is simply all connected and we are all the same, we are all the universe acting out, we are all part of 'god'... which means we all make our own reality, and we are all as important/worthy as each other. this line of thought leads them to just sort of float by through life, enjoying each moment (if they are advanced) ...

this lifestyle isnt conducive to grinding away at a career. the ones i know have a difficult time with practical matters.. such as , paying rent, utilities, purchasing furniture, having friends over, socializing regularly, etc...

i dont know about her instinct type, i would guess so/sx. shes hyper concerned about what others think. has multiple facebook groups with various permissions, so various people can see or not see things about her/her past. very aware and protective of her image or how people perceive her.
Wait do you mean INFP or INFJ now?

But yeah I've known some girls like that that are into this. This new agey or buddhist or whatever crap. An INFJ guy (ok he selftypes as INFP so I don't know which one he is anymore) actually used buddhism to run from life's difficulties when it got too much for him. It was sad to watch that.

Funnily enough all that practical shit you listed is what I find easy minus the socializing lol. So I'd be a good match too for these INFx's but... I find their tendency (girls and guys alike) to run and hide in the new agey or buddhist bullshit is too much for me. I maybe just didn't yet figure out how to give them a strong enough kick in the ass though to keep them in reality.

Maybe the ESTPs are better at that.

·
Registered
17,697 Posts
But yeah I've known some girls like that that are into this. This new agey or buddhist or whatever crap. An INFJ guy (ok he selftypes as INFP so I don't know which one he is anymore) actually used buddhism to run from life's difficulties when it got too much for him. It was sad to watch that.
You can't use that to type someone because under extreme stress Inferior Ni is drawn to cults as well.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Wait do you mean INFP or INFJ now?

Funnily enough all that practical shit you listed is what I find easy minus the socializing lol. So I'd be a good match too for these INFx's but... I find their tendency (girls and guys alike) to run and hide in the new agey or buddhist bullshit is too much for me. I maybe just didn't yet figure out how to give them a strong enough kick in the ass though to keep them in reality.

Maybe the ESTPs are better at that.
i meant INFJ, whoops! INFP is a no no. lol

btw the ISTJ/3 just told me she got accepted into USC and will be leaving in a couple months... after i told her how i felt (sad, bummed out, excited/happy for her) she said "well you can visit me in LA right?" to which i responded "i have no interest in dating long distance, moving to LA, or visiting LA often enough to keep a relationship going" ...

... movin on then... fack!

·
Banned
745 Posts
btw the ISTJ/3 just told me she got accepted into USC and will be leaving in a couple months... after i told her how i felt (sad, bummed out, excited/happy for her) she said "well you can visit me in LA right?" to which i responded "i have no interest in dating long distance, moving to LA, or visiting LA often enough to keep a relationship going" ...

... movin on then... fack!
I'm sorry it didn't work out. It sounds like you were having your doubts anyhow, but it's still hard when a relationship ends.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts