1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
⛧ 666 ⛤
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
  • exercising
  • enough sleep
  • sugar (has its drawbacks)
  • coffee, black tea, green tea (have their drawbacks)
  • healthy diet
Beyond the above, what works for you?

·
Banned
2,345 Posts
My energy is usually highest when I get enough sleep and only drink once a week or less. My energy is usually great since I've been vegan. People don't like to hear it, but it's true. I walk everywhere, even in the rain and wind, I constantly hike and my walking borders on running if I have somewhere to get.

You need sleep, exercise, and veganism. I worked with a guy for a while who told me point blank he had been vegan for five years, not because he cared that much about animals and the environment that much (but now he does, it always comes if you stick with it for a while, when you eliminate the animal products you have these "aha" moments without even trying...it's deep) but yeah that he had originally gone vegan because he knew this lady that was 50 or 60 that had tremendous energy for a woman her age, and he asked why and she unabashedly said, "I'm vegan."

I sometimes want to believe if I didn't drink at all my energy would always be high, but that's patently false. If I get too "energetic" I actually get really stressy and my mind just goes and goes like a machine, and I sleep poorly, and that's been something I've struggled with since high school. In fact, I've noticed sometimes just by having half a bottle of wine or something that I "reset" and am able to shift out of high-stress obsessive mode and sleep better.

I usually feel terrible if I drink excessively or if I spend all day online too often. Being engaged with technology all day long for more than one day once and a while is the most miserable feeling I can think of, TV or computer. We aren't meant to spend more than a few hours a day sitting. If that. When I see that kids of middle or high school age can be online up to 12 hours a day, I honestly want to kill their parents.

·
Banned
2,375 Posts
Adderall, too

Reactions: Six

·
Registered
385 Posts
Always have a real goal that you are working towards - it helps tremendously! Also if you practice mind over matter you'll have an easier time getting going. When I really don't want to do something I can literally turn a switch in my brain and then I'm fine. Strange but it works for me!

·
Registered
5,988 Posts
2 days of continuous isolation from life&the world every 10th day.

When I get it THAT regularly I can be high-energy 18/24 hours per day. The 7-16, 5/7 days is killing my energy levels at times.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Everything in OP's list works good, except sugar. That will give you a temporary sugar rush...and that's it. A bit too ephemeral to constitute 'staying' high energy. And there's not really any drawbacks to coffees and teas if you don't drink them caffeinated up to six hours before bed. The only exception is coffee ramping up cortisol levels when drank in big time abundance.

The three crucial aspects to being high energy is ...

* Plenty of sleep. Most people need eight to get all the rest they need.

* Proper nutrition. I'd argue that the ketogenic diet is as close as we can get to a catch-all that's truly optimal for everyone. But there's multiple sufficient nutritional paradigms outside of the norm (Standard American/Western Diet) that will help with energy and more. Like the paleo diet. Vegan, even. Keto vegan is even possible but that's pretty difficult to manage.

* Exercise, especially muscle-building exercise. Skeletal muscle is metabolically active and a high metabolism helps with energy.

·
⛧ 666 ⛤
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
And there's not really any drawbacks to coffees and teas if you don't drink them caffeinated up to six hours before bed. The only exception is coffee ramping up cortisol levels when drank in big time abundance.
The drawback I had in mind was that, coffee promotes gastric acid secretion, which is not desirable if someone has higher levels of it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I find taking multivitamins and iron is really important, especially if you are lacking in those areas. I don't think there's anything proven about lemon water but I notice that it gives me a lot of energy too :)

·
Registered
240 Posts
Cocaine, heroin, Opium, Methamphetamine, Amphetamine, LSD, Ketamine, etc. Yeah, there are quite of a few things that give you energy. You should definitely try them out. You should offer a cop some or even better - sell it to them. They have have a hard time working.

·
Registered
7 Posts
In my work I have to work 10-15 hours full power 5 days every week - during this time I do not eat, except when tasting sauces and dishes to see everything is the way it's supposed to. I drink a lot of coffee though. This pretty much qualifies as intermittent fasting - which again boosts growth hormone.

I eat pretty much a keto diet with a lot of meat - and I sleep way too little.

So for me, what works to keep energy levels on top is as follows

- Willpower, you are stronger than your body
- Attitude, convince yourself you cannot be broken and you probably won't be
- Being physically active, the moment you sit down you will start losing energy
- Being mentally active, the moment you are not focused and not engaged in what you do, you will start losing energy
- Keto diet, carbohydrates are empty
- Coffee, lots of coffee...

·
Registered
♂️ Xennial - Melancholic/Choleric
3,834 Posts
Save some time for interacting with people who make you feel good. Do not masturbate unless you're really really horny. And don't spend too much time online. Of course, don't listen to trolls above me and don't use illegal drugs.

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
My energy levels mostly stay flat regardless of what I've been doing... most of the time. I usually get some energy even I've been around my friends and doing fun activities with them but I get to do that hardly ever...
I don't like coffee but I've been trying to drink some lately because it gives me a little bit of boost but it wears off pretty quickly. I like V drinks but the only downside is once you come off the energy hit you crash to a low and it sucks.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts