Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a few (days, weeks, months) my interest in something fade and i start walking away.

While i think there are a few things in life i should try to stick to, like a job i like and few friends i have.

But when the boredom set in, i felt almost physically ill to continue.

So i heard you guys are prone to boredom, how do you handle it?

(my PC test says i'm entp too but there are a few criteria of entp characteristics that doesn't fit me)

·
Registered
651 Posts
I tend to get very bored at work and space out, to the point of lethargy. Usually a break outside will get me out of that mindset.

As far as long term commitments go.. once my interest deteriorates, I have to have time and space away from whatever situation or person it is in order for me to find that interest once again. From what I've found, the only way I've been able to make my interest last is by taking everything in small, short bursts.

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Usually, I focus on something interesting. Like, if I'm stuck doing paperwork, I try to figure out the perfect way to fill out a page with the fewest stokes, oddest phrasing, or least amount of adverbs. Something strange that makes it a challenge.

Flaunting rules is another interest creating mechanism, to get as close to unacceptable without crossing the border.

Occasionally, creating extra work that you actually enjoy is good (I do side projects at work all the time)

My overriding thing is just to have a different goal, some thing new to optimize. A nomadic optimizer if you will, going from idea to idea.

·
Registered
6,146 Posts
I either unexpectedly fall asleep while being ridiculously confused about how, what, why, when, etc. etc. boring came in this moment in time.
I usually feel much better.

·
Registered
272 Posts
this happen to me too!! i am bored very quickly...
but i know how to stick to things i really care.
first of all:
- i have to know what is really important for me
- i fix boundaries, because i tend to try to see or do the much i can about something, some subject... so i fix boundaries to be stuck in the most important for me.
- i make one thing at a time
- i simplify as much as i can do, and most of all: i stick to the main part.

thoses things help me a lot to achieve what i want to achieve

but if its not something i can't achieve: like sport (because i have to do it my entire life):
- i lend a specific period of my time to it
- i do the thing i have to do with people
- i make it funny

but if i'm still boring... i just leave to have fun!!
then i have much more energie to come back etc...

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Find something interesting that would make that boredom interesting

·
Registered
155 Posts
most of these response I would totally agree with. I use music, when I can. Humor is a constant sand I have to say, I've always had a knack for entertaining myself, often those around me as well. get creative. life is all about endless possibilities and finding joy in the everyday

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Do it until you master it... move to the next project... wash, rinse, repeat.

I was with a company making solid 6 figures and after 11 years I just walked away. Why? Money isn't everything and I needed a new challenge. Always be prepared to look for the next evolutionary challenge. To sit in bordem is to stew in your own mediocracy... and as an ENTJ you are anything but mediocre. Accept it as evolution.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts