Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Should just develop your Ne more, it happens to me all the time, worrying for something but not taking all the possibilities can create a "like judging" situation, and Fi (or Ti) plus Si its bad.

That text... well i dont believe in it too much, its very Te like.

Reactions: refugee

·
Registered
675 Posts
my step :
1) trust your anxiety. Your anxiety dont exist for nothing. Like many things in life, it exist for a purpose. One of them can be self discovery.
2) Understand big part of your anxiety is paradoxically not your anxiety : it comin often from you trying to rationnalize things you dont agree with or dont want to be associated with. Feel your psyche resisting it.
3) find your way
4) do what you value
5) be what you value
6) all these step need to be done with profond and real introspection, even if it can be painfull. Real introspection isnt defining yourself with clear cut term, like "Im great in X" "Im an asshole", "Im emotionnal", even if it can be a part of it. Its about getting a image, a big picture of yourself, a global feeling of yourself, not especially definable with words. Tips : use "semi-conscious" dream to do that. Not imagination, dream. This is the most important part, more than "step" stuff.

usefullness of this method : it do not work in the common sense of the term (problem solved/problem not solved), like all other psychological stuff. But at least it give a sense of purpose and greatness. It will distract you at least.

develop your Ne more
Interresting, because I think Ne is what we call anxiety. I dont have a clear reason for that, just perhaps some strange elucubration, but this is supported somewhat by the fact the Ne enneagram (5-6-7) is quasi-"defined" by anxiety.

·
Banned
656 Posts
I only skimmed the article, but it looks like some quality advice! I know I can get really anxious sometimes, and I think I do alot of the things the article mentions. I usually confront the issue in my mind, think about how to solve the problem, or think about why I shouldn't be bothered with it if it's not solvable.

The arbitrary worry period is something I read about for maximizing concentration and focus. Although I havent implemented it, I think it's a really good idea! Way better than letting things fester in your head all day until you eventually decide to deal with it

·
Banned
554 Posts
why do you worry? i was about to ask if you were a woman..

·
Registered
694 Posts
I only skimmed the article but I'm not so sure some of this would work for INFPs. I mean one of the ideas is to schedule a "worry period" (say between 5 and 5:20) where you are allowed to worry and then stop afterwards and then another one is to create a "worry list" where you're supposed to write it down and then stop worrying about it once its on paper. Both of those approaches would seem to realistically work for "SJ" types who are more likely to practice and respect rules and structure. I mean it's really hard to turn off that "NP" part of ourselves that's always thinking of a hundred thousand possibilities just because some rule says so! I think the most useful part of the exercise for INFPs is the part about being more rational and "distinguishing between solvable and unsolvable worries" and "challenge anxious thoughts" to develop our inferior "T" functions more. I dunno, at least I think those are the ones that would most likely work for me.

why do you worry? i was about to ask if you were a woman..
Why the f would it matter if either a man or a woman?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts