Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear ENFPs and other types.
Ok well today I caught one of my roomates in the process of self-injury. I immediately stopped him and showed him my scars and told him "You don't want to do that." Then I gave him hope and inspiration.
This event gave me the inspiration to help people from injuring themselves. ENFPs and other Types I inspire you to do the same (I wrote this already in the advice forums I just want you guys to inspire others)

Everyone has hardships during there lives where you feel completely hopeless, depressed, unmotivated, uncaring,unwilling,disconnected from the outside world, unloved, unwanted, unneeded and even suicidal. Sometimes you just completely went though a emotional shit-storm where you can find anyway out. People do many extreme things to get out of emotional pain many resort to self injury by cutting, burning or self-starvation. There is hope. Life is a hard journey comparable to a Rugged Terrain Snowy Cold Mountain in Darkness. On your way to the top you will slip and fall and injure yourself. You need to find strength and will to get back up and keep climbing and tell yourself you will make it to get to the top. Sometimes people don't feel like getting back up staying in the same area making situations worst. But once you reached the top a whole new light will shine upon you you will feel the warmth in your heart of achieving a difficult or near impossible task. You will look below you and see all the struggles it took to get to the top and all the injuries sustained in doing so, I inspire Everyone to get to the top. Self-Injuries will make the trip longer harder and much more impossible where sometimes you just want to give up. When you give up you will fall back to the bottom and have to do it all over again.
I'm 17 I'm still young but I've been though so many life changing events that brought me mental and emotional suffering. I once resorted to self injuries by the means of cutting and burning myself. I stopped 6 months ago because I knew this would only makes things worst. I want everyone whos going though hardships, emotional and mental suffering people who are currently injuring themseleves to read this.

Step 1. Understanding Whats Causing You To Do This and Why.
This is the most important step to starting a new. You first need to examine yourself. Why are you suffering? why are you hurting yourself? why did you start in the first place. There are many reasons why people hurt themselves. It could be broken relationships, family problems, friend problems, constant depression, ect.This is important in understanding what needs to be done.

Step 2. Break yourself away from instruments of self-mutilation
This is the 2nd most important step.YOU MUST REMOVE ALL SOURCES OF INJURY!
The most common are razorblades,needles, pins, knives, lighters, ect. YOU NEED TO BE IN A SAFE ENVIRONMENT!. You need to stop yourself from injuring yourself. I know once you start it becomes impulse and you just can't stop.

Step 3.Find alternatives to relieving Emotional and Mental Pains.
Bottling up your emotional problems is THE WORST THING YOU CAN DO! IT WILL MAKE PROBLEMS WORST!You need to find safer alternatives that won't cause you harm. I personally like quiet walks with calm music, writing poetry, drawing, art, watching T.V (Laughter solves almost anything :laughing:) If your one of those who loves to feel pain you might want to consider getting a rubber band or talking to a professional.

Step 4.Find Someone you can trust and can talk to.
This is another very important step. Sometimes you can't do things on your own. You will need help and inspiration to do so. Makes sure its someone you can trust in case of something bad happens they can get you professional help. Talking to someone relives lots of stress and anxiety. Make sure it isn't a person that would judge you or wouldn't give a shit which can make problems worst.

Step 5. (Optional) Get Professional Help if you still can't handle situations
This is another important step to recovery. Sometimes you can;t do things on your own.

Step 6. Get back to activities you once enjoy and have people help you get back.
I know for a fact once you lost yourself you lose a lot of interest in things you once loved. Get back to it! Not only does it help you relive pain and suffering it helps you express yourself!Find other inspirational people that will encourage you to do so!

Step 7. (Very sensitive and Painful step. Look at your scars and injuries.
This is a very hard step sometimes you might need to save this for the end. This will help you better understand yourself. This will help you from preventing from hurting yourself anymore. This IS a hard step but will only make you stronger.

Step 8. Find new positive insipring joyful people that will help you with your journey. It can be some of your old friends or just someone you just meet all you need to do is smile :laughing:

Step 9. Be positive
Start being positive look for the future ahead of you. The world is a wonderful place and no matter what your a wonderful human being no matter what other people think of you.

Step 10, Start looking at yourself and tell yourself you ARE a amazing person
Tell yourself your a beautiful human being everyone no matter what is a amazing human being. It all matters whats on the inside. You may be gorgeous on the the outside but no one will take if your ugly on the inside. No matter what you've done or things you said theres always hope for a better future! "Even when surrounded in darkness, with no way out, a dim light will shine in the corner of your eye follow it , for it will lead you to the light

Step 11. Understand yourself some more. Who you are , Why your here and What purpose you serve?
Everyone is unique sometimes people take as weird others take it as beautiful. Everyone is strong at something embrace those, understand your weakness and never fall upon those.

Step 12. Once your ready, forgive yourself to what you put yourself up to you deserve better!

Some quotes for Insipration written by me.
"Your heart my be shattered like glass but remember glass can be melted down and comeback together and start a new twice as strong as it was before.
This means not matter how broken you maybe there always chances to start anew much stonger then you were.
"No matter what anyone tells you YOU ARE A BEAUTIFUL HUMAN BEING! Never let anyone tell you your not because there not as beautiful as you yet
No matter what you look like on the inside the heart and mind are beautiful gifts given to you at birth. People who bring down others to make them feel better about themselves are going to suffer more then they already are.

There is always light drowned in darkness but the light will never disappear.
No matter how hopeless you are there is always hope!

Light always prevails but it will cast a shadow of your past just understand its all behind you now.
Even once you found hope you have to understand your past and never let it take over you again and drag you back into hopelessness.

Don't Look back,walk the present, run for the future.
My absolute favorite quote! It pretty much says you have to get away from the past, understand yourself now so you can make yourself a better future.

I would personally like to thank all of you for reading this. I want all of you to go out into the world shining the light of hope to those n the shadows. Help those in need because someday those people you helped will come back to help you. You were the for them they will be there for you just as you were the fore them in there time of need. Help prevent the bloodshed of oneself because the shedding of ones blood is a sad story. Most of all open your heart!

P.S Sorry for bad grammar and spelling I'm a horrible writer.
P.S.S For those who are wondering what the "Light" is its a symbol for hope,faith,love, courage, new found self, and many others again sorry for the extensive use of metaphors.
P.S.S.S If you need help or need to talk to someone P.M me anytime Ill get back to you as soon as possible anything you tell me will stay private I encourage you to open up! I hope this was helpful
P.S.S.S.S If you have anything else to addon to this go ahead and do so
P.S.S.S.S.S sorry about the extensive use of Post Scripts

Heres Some Music Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-thEGT4MtRo

Tell the swine
we will make it out alive
theres a note
in the pages of a book
so sleep tonight
well sleep dreamlessly this time
when we awake, well know that everythings alright.

Sing to me, about the end of the world, end of these hammers and needles for you.

Hold on to the world we all remember fighting for
theres some strength left in us yet
hold on to the world we all remember dying for
theres some hope left in it yet

theres snow on your face
and your razorblade
twilight is bruised
and there you lie

Sing to me,
about the end of the world,
end of these hammers and needles for you.
well cry to night
but in the morning we are new
stand in the sun will dry your eyes

Hold on to the world we all remember fighting for
theres some strength left in us yet
Hold on to the world we all remember dying for
theres some hope left in it yet
Sing, Sing

Arise.
Arise and be all that you dream,
all that you dream.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohWkf3dIAmE

lost and alone
but i still keep proceding on
no sense of time
i dont even know where im going

i begin to get breathless
and heart keeps beating faster
i know i cant take this
how much longer now

im getting ready, im getting ready to explode
spark out the fire
light up the fuse im letting go
dont hold me down now
im just about to overload

times running out
feel like im walking upon a wire
headed to the edge
and im starting to lose my mind

i begin to get breathless
and heart keeps beating faster
i know i cant take this
how much longer now

spark out the fire
light up the fuse im letting go
dont hold me down now
im just about to overload

·
Registered
117 Posts
That was a very good read. Advice I would be giving my friends who performs self harm (currently I know not of anyone who does) because they think that they are worthless. I've seen a few of them do that this year and it has also affected my emotional well being just because I cared for them, luckily they've all stopped doing that after months of support from me and another teacher.

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know it's a hard topic to talk about but it's also hard to tell others your story as well
It's the same guide someone once gave Me and I decided to share it. This helped him and this helped me some steps just don't apply to other some are more different

Reactions: Yamhead

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yikes...

Not much you can do. I think that is what us ENFPs have to accept, is our powerlessness to "fix" others - especially when it comes to Borderline Personality Disorder.

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
eh its worth a try to bring positivity to the world

Reactions: Yamhead
1 - 7 of 7 Posts