Personality Cafe banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got exams, alone for 2 months, GAHHHHH NEED SOCIAL INTERACTION WHAT TO DO
can ENTPS train themselves to study alone somehow neuroplasticity?
i stare at the textbook aimlessly, start to feel depressed anxious and overly existential

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I don't have an issue with it, I just have to work in segments of an hour or shorter. Try Adderall?

OR, be a bad bish like me and don't study because you're a genius with ridiculous information retention.

Reactions: OokySpooky

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Force yourself to wake up early to do it.
You will be too tired to want to interact with anyone, and get your work done.

It sucks, but it's pretty much the only thing that's worked for me.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
give yourself some type of reward, like set it in a way so it's some type of a challenge. "if I manage to get this much done in this amount of time, I'll do __insert something u like to do here__" idk, works for me.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Why don't you have friends? You said you were alone but what happened to them? Maybe go con a Lesser into thinking you care about them so you can create a nice feedback feeding tube for study time. Or make friends with the professor if he actually gives a shit about the stuff he teaches. He's probably sitting all alone in his dorm like you.

·
Banned
2,373 Posts
I wrote some of my best papers at a coffee shop down town. Plus it's a wonderful way to meet people, have a quick chat and get back to studying. I wrote my composition paper at a pub and it was wonderful. And when people were complaining about the difficulty of an assignment the prof asked how long it took us to do it. My answer was: I don't know, 2 or 3 beers, a conversation and game of billiards.

Task switching helps too; isn't it dreadful to be doing one thing. Read a little of this and really a little of that.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I don't have an issue with it, I just have to work in segments of an hour or shorter. Try Adderall?

OR, be a bad bish like me and don't study because you're a genius with ridiculous information retention.
You still have to study at least once, unless you're born with the knowledge.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I always go to our university's library. Seeing everybody study somewhat energizes me, plus I get to stare at the pretty girls as a distraction!

·
Registered
ENTP 3w4 so/sx
2,892 Posts
got exams, alone for 2 months, GAHHHHH NEED SOCIAL INTERACTION WHAT TO DO
can ENTPS train themselves to study alone somehow neuroplasticity?
i stare at the textbook aimlessly, start to feel depressed anxious and overly existential
One thing you could do is get really interested in the material and want to study... I personally liked to listen to music when I was in college/grad school.
You could also join a study group, I find that helped me sometimes.

·
Registered
ENTP 3w4 so/sx
2,892 Posts
I always go to our university's library. Seeing everybody study somewhat energizes me, plus I get to stare at the pretty girls as a distraction!
I get what you mean. I actually do remember a downside though, in college, most of the hot girls who studied in groups were also loud and giggly... unfortunately, negatively distracting rather than simply being positively distracting..

·
Over 300 Confirmed Kills
10,577 Posts
That doesn't overlap for me. Like, l don't find people to be a part of my learning process.

My learning process is like a solitary black hole of information retention from before time.

OMG IS THAT NI?

Reactions: OokySpooky

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
You still have to study at least once, unless you're born with the knowledge.
Do you count listening to lectures and completing assignments as studying? If so, then I certainly understand where you're coming from.

Reactions: Magnificent Bastard
1 - 13 of 13 Posts