Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you tell the difference between Se in stressed out INFJ and Se an ESTP.

How do they manifest themselves differently? How would you tell which is the real personality and which is the "shadow" personality which comes out under stress?

Reactions: Kanerou

·
Badly Named
6,320 Posts
Seeing as how I am neither of those and know no one of either type, I am only replying out of courtesy since you asked. I could, however, say that the shadow function would only manifest when it's forced and otherwise it would be hard to spot.

·
Banned
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Seeing as how I am neither of those and know no one of either type, I am only replying out of courtesy since you asked. I could, however, say that the shadow function would only manifest when it's forced and otherwise it would be hard to spot.
Okay then for an ENTP how would Si and Fe manifest? I can take general examples too. Any information is helpful.

·
MOTM August 2012
3,467 Posts
Se in a Se-dom is their primary orientation. Its akin to a right handed person using their right hand. It just comes naturally and they are skilled in that perspective. Se in a Ni-dom is like a left-handed person trying to use their right hand. You just don't have the same level of acuity because that is a perspective that you have typically rejected for most of your psychological life. Thus the Se of an INJ comes out as raw and unpolished. Brute and archaic and primitive. It's been said the sensation experience of introverted intuitives is reminiscent of that of an dog sunbathing. Se in INJs tends to come across in an unfiltered and raw way, just like the intuitions of a Se-dom.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Okay then for an ENTP how would Si and Fe manifest? I can take general examples too. Any information is helpful.
I constantly use them, but I've been stressed. Sometimes I can recall more than I want. It's really hard to describe here. Remind me later, and I'll pm you.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Se in a Se-dom is their primary orientation. Its akin to a right handed person using their right hand. It just comes naturally and they are skilled in that perspective. Se in a Ni-dom is like a left-handed person trying to use their right hand. You just don't have the same level of acuity because that is a perspective that you have typically rejected for most of your psychological life. Thus the Se of an INJ comes out as raw and unpolished. Brute and archaic and primitive. It's been said the sensation experience of introverted intuitives is reminiscent of that of an dog sunbathing. Se in INJs tends to come across in an unfiltered and raw way, just like the intuitions of a Se-dom.
This appears to confirm what I was thinking. It seems like Se in a Se-dom would be more "confident" than Se in a Se-inferior. The latter seems like it would be more messy, since (according to my understanding) it's more likely to come out during times of stress.

@Kazoo Here's an article on INxJs and Se-inferior. http://personalitycafe.com/infj-articles/68718-really-me-how-stress-brings-out-infjs-hidden-personality.html

Reactions: Kazoo The Kid
1 - 7 of 7 Posts