Personality Cafe banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am an INFJ and I currently like an INTP (he confirmed his personality type himself). I wanted to ask what you INTPs (preferably male) do when you like someone.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Act nervous and tongue-tied. That's probably the simplest answer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We have only been alone together once (since all of our other interactions were when we were surrounded by our friends). When we were alone for the first time, he was noticeably nervous (visible sweatdrops on his face and his hand was shaking). I did not really know what to do, so I tried to keep the conversation going. He doesn't seem tongue-tied around me though. However, I do catch him staring at me everytime I am around and he looks away when I catch him. He gives me a "soft" look when our eyes lock sometimes (if that makes sense). He even helped me study for four hours for one of my finals - even though he had his own final to study for - and learned some of the material in order to help me, since he does not know much about the subject. Are these possible signs or am I just overanalyzing?

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Sounds like he's attracted to you. The best thing to do is just go after him which is "non-traditional" or whatever, but I do know that's the best way to virtually guarantee he will be.

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,241 Posts
When I like someone, I ask for their arm so I can bite it.

So far, no one has trusted me enough to do so.

Which ultimately leaves me still relationshipless with no one.

That's not sad, really. It just tells me that I need to continue to wait for that weirdo like myself.

·
Banned
4,619 Posts
We have only been alone together once (since all of our other interactions were when we were surrounded by our friends). When we were alone for the first time, he was noticeably nervous (visible sweatdrops on his face and his hand was shaking). I did not really know what to do, so I tried to keep the conversation going. He doesn't seem tongue-tied around me though. However, I do catch him staring at me everytime I am around and he looks away when I catch him. He gives me a "soft" look when our eyes lock sometimes (if that makes sense). He even helped me study for four hours for one of my finals - even though he had his own final to study for - and learned some of the material in order to help me, since he does not know much about the subject. Are these possible signs or am I just overanalyzing?
Yep. It sounds like this INTP is doomed. RIP INTP. We've lost another one. :laughing:

·
Banned
4,619 Posts
I don't get this joke... lol.
Another INTP has been lost to those icky things called feelings and emotions. :tongue:

If he is going out of his way to spend time with you and giving you attention, then it's very likely he is interested in you. He's not sure if his attraction and interest in you will be reciprocated, so he's being very cautious most likely. So he may wait to see how you react to him. If you treat him only as a friend, he might assume your not really interested in him. Feel free to initiate your interest in him, but don't pin him down by asking him questions about what he feels. He will probably have difficulty expressing himself verbally.

If he is interested in you, then any form of physical affection by you that is beyond what is expected as a friend might be enough to settle his nerves and help him relax.

Edit: Or he may just pounce.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Well, to me all of these strongly imply him liking you (even if he wasn't an INTP). The glances, being nervous around you, going out of his way to help you (this is a huge tell, especially if he did it voluntarily [as in no one asked him to do it]). I think you already know the answer to your question. INTPs can be rather passive folks though, so I wouldn't count on him to act on it all too readily..

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
What Tony said. I was trying to say basically the same thing and was even thinking of "forms of physical affection by you that is beyond what is expected as a friend" examples from personal experience, but every instance I could think of from my past was rather x-rated so I just left that out lol.

Reactions: senezg

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
WorldzMine is right, don't worry about being conventional with him. Probably the best sign that he is interested is if he opens up to you a lot, and tells you things about himself that you know he would tell no one else. I don't share my personal life or past with people, unless they are someone close to me, so if he does that, it might be a clue. I have a hard time talking about things like feelings though, even far into a relationship, that just always feels odd to me, even though I will if it seems necessary. So if he seems somewhat unfeeling like, I wouldn't necessarily take that as a sign that he is disinterested.

·
Banned
4,619 Posts
He gives me a "soft" look when our eyes lock sometimes (if that makes sense).
Yes, I'm not sure how to describe this, but I call it "tender eyes." I've even seen some of my woman friends display this towards me and I know in the moment what they were probably feeling. It's awkward, because I might even want to bring up that I see what they are feeling, but they might take offense to my knowing their feelings and deny it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts