Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 191 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Warning: Don't try this at home.

So I've been playing around with ways of trolling peoples inferior functions. Honestly it is mostly to try to understand the functions better. The first time I really understood Te was when I trolled an ENTJ and hit a nerve when I started saying he "liked" something.

I understood suddenly that the best way to troll him was to start talking about stuff anyone likes for no reason.

"OH! Apples! I really LOVE apples! MMMM! Yay! Stems are awesome! Don't you think! And they are all RED AND PRETTY!"

And various what nots.

For Si inferiors, I've found what really hits me hard is people pointing out the obvious.

"There is a lamp in front of you. It is sitting on a desk. It has a light-bulb in it. It is bright and probably hot to the touch."

But those are the only two I've really figured out. Any thoughts on the other functions?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Hmm well I am an INFJ and I dunno if it has anything to do with my functions and what not but I get really pissed when someone calls me something that's not true, or something rude. Cuss words (about me. I don't mind if people cuss but not at me.), "stupid", "idiot" and things about me being selfish or a bad person in some way gets me crazy. I especially hate if the person is saying I'm bad and making it seem like some other girl is an angel or less bad in some way. Urggh! >=( I try really hard to be a good person and when people try to tear that down, I feel like it's so unfair.

Reactions: Gossip Goat

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Hahaha! I've done this at home. This totally made my day! I so do this with my twin, an INTP, where I'll bring value judgements into the equation, such as "Did you like the wording of *whatever* in this article, story, etc.?," and she'll usually respond in this really awkward way that looks like it's taking a ton of effort with a startled facial expression, "Umm...*tries to find logical reasoning to back up anything she'll say*...well, I mean, I guess it works, um...That's a weird question...Why do you ask? That's out-of-character of you to ask *gets jocular*" Sometimes, she'll just go "Umm...sure...it was fine," and I'll ask "Why?" and she doesn't have a clue how to determine this - she'll just resort to enthusiastic displays of behavior to get the point across that she liked it. She's like that with the things she loves most, where she'll mainly resort to major enthusiastic displays of behavior to get the point across that she likes something or keep it simple - otherwise, she'll start analyzing why it's so great when she's off the hook with the value judgements. On the other hand, if she hates something, she's suddenly able to make clear value-judgements about it, which usually come across like "I HATTTTTTTED that - that was so AWFUL, what a DISGUSTING PIECE OF CRAP! WHAT DRECK! - I'll NEVER LIKE THAT!!!" That's definitely how I can tell that she's an inferior Fe type, lol.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
You can troll people really horribly through the inferior.

(This is all theoretical btw, haven't tried these. And these only characterize the inferior response not the function itself).

ENP (Si): Your stubbornness is showing, along with that nervous tic of yours.
IFP (Te): Why keep going? It's not like you can control the outcome...
ITP (Fe): If you think your crying is going to help to manipulate, don't even try.
ETJ (Fi): So you think you're so special now, do you?
ESP (Ni): Paranoia looks so cute on you.
INJ (Se): Being the loudest one doesn't make you the most correct.
ISJ (Ne): Here comes the out-of-control attack of the crazies...
EFJ (Ti): You're starting to get pedantic, could we get the the two sentence summary please?

Basically, bringing an intuitive's attention to raw sensation, a sensor's attention to raw intuition, a thinker's attention to raw feeling, and a feeler's attention to raw thinking.

Simply laying out the details of a lamp in the middle of nowhere might get to me, but what bothers me even more and actually happens often is when someone goes "What's that in your hair? No, to the left, no no, to the right. No no, ewww what is that? Ohhh, it's part of the fleece from your jacket. Did you know you have a zit on the bottom of your chin?" If you want one of my silent staredowns, there's an effective method. Maybe you could bug a dominant thinking type in a similar way by trying to guess how they are feeling.

·
fire breathing dragon
2,810 Posts
You can troll people really horribly through the inferior.

(This is all theoretical btw, haven't tried these. And these only characterize the inferior response not the function itself).

ENP (Si): Your stubbornness is showing, along with that nervous tic of yours.
IFP (Te): Why keep going? It's not like you can control the outcome...
ITP (Fe): If you think your crying is going to help to manipulate, don't even try.
ESP (Ni): Paranoia looks so cute on you.
INJ (Se): Being the loudest one doesn't make you the most correct.
ISJ (Ne): Here comes the out-of-control attack of the crazies...
EFJ (Ti): You're starting to get pedantic, could we get the the two sentence summary please?

Basically, bringing an intuitive's attention to raw sensation, a sensor's attention to raw intuition, a thinker's attention to raw feeling, and a feeler's attention to raw thinking.

Simply laying out the details of a lamp in the middle of nowhere might get to me, but what bothers me even more and actually happens often is when someone goes "What's that in your hair? No, to the left, no no, to the right. No no, ewww what is that? Ohhh, it's part of the fleece from your jacket. Did you know you have a zit on the bottom of your chin?" If you want one of my silent staredowns, there's an effective method. Maybe you could bug a dominant thinking type in a similar way by trying to guess how they are feeling.
Both the Se and Si got a reaction from me just by reading it. If someone did that to me, they'd move to the top of my "list". And you don't want to be on my list.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Fi-doms HATE being told what to do, especially if done in an authoritarian/administrative tone. Tone and attitude is very important when trolling an Fi-dom, lol.
Haha yeah...I can be extremely reactive to people telling me how I should I do things when what I'm doing doesn't make any sense to them. Much of the time I'm thinking, "Why do you assume I care that this 'makes sense'? As if we all want the same thing?..."

·
Banned
2,458 Posts
Haha yeah...I can be extremely reactive to people telling me how I should I do things when what I'm doing doesn't make any sense to them. Much of the time I'm thinking, "Why do you assume I care that this 'makes sense'? As if we all want the same thing?..."
That just kinda trolls me because my typical response is "why do it in the first place if you're not gonna get very far with it"?

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
"There is a lamp in front of you. It is sitting on a desk. It has a light-bulb in it. It is bright and probably hot to the touch."
This sentence almost made me lose my shit. :laughing:

"What's that in your hair? No, to the left, no no, to the right. No no, ewww what is that? Ohhh, it's part of the fleece from your jacket. Did you know you have a zit on the bottom of your chin?"
And so did this.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Fi-doms HATE being told what to do, especially if done in an authoritarian/administrative tone. Tone and attitude is very important when trolling an Fi-dom, lol.
*starts to wonder if mother-in-law has been trolling her this whole time*

·
Registered
427 Posts
Whilst I'm relaying my understanding of a certain concept, interrupt me and ask me to cite my sources / remain closed minded to what I'm saying until I do.

Sit smugly as you observe me descend into a pissy, overly-gesticulative, high pitched mess.
This.
It is annoying when in casual conversations people ask for sources.
My reaction is the same as yours.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Any ESP or spiritual stuff grinds my gears. I know the latter one isn't stupid, it's just not something for me. I want to know valid reasons for them existing, and people just shake their heads and tell me I should try to loose myself and my skepticism.

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
Warning: Don't try this at home.

So I've been playing around with ways of trolling peoples inferior functions. Honestly it is mostly to try to understand the functions better. The first time I really understood Te was when I trolled an ENTJ and hit a nerve when I started saying he "liked" something.

I understood suddenly that the best way to troll him was to start talking about stuff anyone likes for no reason.

"OH! Apples! I really LOVE apples! MMMM! Yay! Stems are awesome! Don't you think! And they are all RED AND PRETTY!"

And various what nots.

For Si inferiors, I've found what really hits me hard is people pointing out the obvious.

But those are the only two I've really figured out. Any thoughts on the other functions?
For inferior Fe.. try to manipulate their emotions by being overly enthusiastic "I'm thrilled about this and you should be too" or "you should smile!"

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts
*thinks*
*imagines if someone say that to her*
*imagines her reaction*

The one answer that pop-up in my mind is this:
-in a curious tone-
"Well, I always feel special. Doesn't everybody else think like that too about themselves? Why is that becomes a problem to you?"

Conclusion:
Words are just words. The power of words lies in your own perception. Words can only hurt you if you let them.

1 - 20 of 191 Posts