Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

I've had a few falling outs recently with a friend of mine. With all of the drama, I find I'm separating from her a bit, and because she's such a private person in many ways, it's hard to get a good sense of how her brain works when she's reacting to stress and such stuff. I think it could be a big help if I knew her type.

Unfortunately I'm really bad at typing anyone. I CAN say she's most likely an introvert with strong Si (she loves to tell stories of experiences she's had and remembers them in vivid detail. She also really likes nostalgia as a whole.) So, I'm guessing she's either ISTJ or ISFJ. Mostly what I've been dealing with lately are her selfish tendencies, because she's been stressed out. Because of her selfishness, my feelings have been getting hurt as a result of me feeling like it means she doesn't care what happens to me. And I have a pretty explosive temper when I'm upset, which I'm sure doesn't help anything.

From the start of our friendship, it was mostly me watching over her and trying to make sure she was being treated with respect because she doesn't seem to be very good at defending herself out of not wanting to create conflict. I don't know if this would tell you anything more about her, but that's why I'm throwing that in there.

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
Hi,

I've had a few falling outs recently with a friend of mine. With all of the drama, I find I'm separating from her a bit, and because she's such a private person in many ways, it's hard to get a good sense of how her brain works when she's reacting to stress and such stuff. I think it could be a big help if I knew her type.

Unfortunately I'm really bad at typing anyone. I CAN say she's most likely an introvert with strong Si (she loves to tell stories of experiences she's had and remembers them in vivid detail. She also really likes nostalgia as a whole.) So, I'm guessing she's either ISTJ or ISFJ. Mostly what I've been dealing with lately are her selfish tendencies, because she's been stressed out. Because of her selfishness, my feelings have been getting hurt as a result of me feeling like it means she doesn't care what happens to me. And I have a pretty explosive temper when I'm upset, which I'm sure doesn't help anything.

From the start of our friendship, it was mostly me watching over her and trying to make sure she was being treated with respect because she doesn't seem to be very good at defending herself out of not wanting to create conflict. I don't know if this would tell you anything more about her, but that's why I'm throwing that in there.

Thank you in advance.
Well...I commend you in trying to understand her and putting in the effort at least.
Understanding is what allows us to have mercy and compassion, and not to take things so personally.
Understanding = better reign over anger,
and reign over anger = ability to not exacerbate the issue and also ability to win people over with kindness sometimes.
If you think it would help, maybe ask her to type?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts