• yes

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • no

Votes: 4 80.0%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,689 Posts
Your first problem is that he's an INTJ. I get the impression that they don't need anyone. In that case, no one needs them. Plenty more characters that are much more fun.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Why do they disappear, when they say they like you?
I know one. He's just super introverted and needs a lot of time alone, and usually gets embarrassed after he's said something slightly squishy, so it's easy to see him giving some kind of huge awkward-but-heartfelt confession then going completely MIA for a few days.

·
Banned
14,801 Posts
Why is this in the Head types Enneagram forum?

Is your INTJ an Enneagram 5, and if so, shouldn't you refer to him and his issues in that context preferably?

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Why is this in the Enneagram forum?

Your first problem is that he's an INTJ. I get the impression that they don't need anyone. In that case, no one needs them. Plenty more characters that are much more fun.

But OP, there are probably a multitude of things going through his head right now. If he told you he likes you, he may be trying to figure out what those feelings actually mean. Is it romantic? Is it just friendship?

How did you respond when he declared that he liked you? Was it favorable? It could be feelings of squishiness and vulnerability as well.

·
Over 300 Confirmed Kills
10,577 Posts
They don't? IME.

Well, it was all or nothing l guess, but they tend to be very direct about such things.

And when it was all, it was all lol.

·
Registered
NiTe 549
5,321 Posts
I'm predominantly amused that I can check both yes and no as answers to this question. My INTJ man is hereby rendered Schrodinger's cat.

In any case. Why would anyone do this? Perhaps because they're shy? Nothing necessarily to do with cognitive type imo, maybe a little something to do with enneagram - depends on why that person is doing it.

·
Registered
7,676 Posts
INTJ's are always so misunderstood and brooding/mysterious, lyk omg.

·
Registered
18,510 Posts
I would refer my INTJ man as myself in this case, and no matter how I try to understand the OP, I don't. Simply, because I wouldn't do what the OP describes. Therefore, it is likely that the event that occurred to instigate the OP to the write the OP has nothing to do with him being an INTJ. Chances are he's not an INTJ anyway.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts