Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I need some advice! Our Chinese class at uni is very small, only 8 or 9 of us, and in our third year we will go to China. But I feel like the class is a little disjointed and I'm hoping to kind of unify everyone so that there can more camaraderie and goodness and rainbows haha.
Any advice? :)
Thankyoooooooooou!:happy:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Do a project or activity together that uses everyone? So everyone will have something to commonly talk about? I mean you guys are all in the same class so that is one thing the class has in common

·
Registered
477 Posts
I won't say it's my department, but anyway let s have a try.

@froovyjosie : Hey guys, I need some advice! Our Chinese class at uni is very small, only 8 or 9 of us, and in our third year we will go to China. But I feel like the class is a little disjointed and I'm hoping to kind of unify everyone so that there can more camaraderie and goodness and rainbows haha.
Any advice? :)
You have two aim there. first is having more camaraderie , second have fun in china.
if you want both , better to know the condition of this in psychological way.

iin order to get a group in psychological point of view , you need 4 ingredient :

1. interaction among members
2. stability and long run
3. commons goals
4. interdependency
5. conscious identification with the group

For each ask if there is enough of it .

generally speaking you need to setup a common goal . And let them feel that they are a part of a whole . Need to fuel motivation of each. Need to talk and to have some outside party together (restaurant or anything else ) in order to build minimum trust between people. When people feel they can have together fun, then let s made discussion how to have the best of fun in china.

1,750 Posts
I draw people together by talking with each of them one on one. Everyone wants to feel appreciated and included, and everyone wants to have friends in common. I think it just takes at least one friendship to make people feel "safe" and then to start getting to know other folks as well. So just be friendly would be my approach haha.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Get everyone together for things outside of the classroom. Happy hours if everyone's old enough, a sports league, etc. Once you go to China together you may all get much closer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts