Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've worked with an ESTJ boss and he was a pain to manage - or even tolerate. Gladly I'm changing jobs but thinking that someone will occupy the seat I'm vacating makes me want to warn them of what's to come.

Can anyone help me write a seemingly polite "recommendation" in LinkedIn? I want wording which maximizes the effect that it will simultaneously be accepted as a compliment by the ESTJ boss (to make him want to display it in their profile) while appearing as a blinking red warning light to any xNxP who later see it there?

·
Registered
283 Posts
"To all who wish to work in free environment and abstract thought environment, this is not the place, the boss is strict hard worker and expects you to be like that too. If you make a mistake don't try to emotionalize your way through it, you'll get no shortcuts. Organized individuals will probably enjoy working here."

Is this what you're looking for? Have to rephrase it of course, I'll do it later...

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
"Organization and detail-orientation are key. Punctuality and willingness to adhere to a tightly regulated schedule are also a plus. This job is not for those who find it difficult to stay on task, or who feel the need to deviate from the accepted regulatory process. Those who are skilled at closely following a previously laid-out procedure with MINIMAL variations, will do admirably."

That would send me running.

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
John Doe has done a wonderful job for x industries. His precision is impeccable, and his attention to detail is outstanding. If every worker could take their job as seriously as John, the world would be a much more organized, and possible better place. I've worked side by side with john, and found his meticulousness to be his greatest asset.

John is good at standing his ground and encouraging his workers to do their utmost. He can take a rough group and have them ship shape in a couple of weeks. I wish John all the best, and I'm sure he'll be able to reach my former crew in ways I never would have.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts