Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What’s your fitness goal: Do you want to lose 10 pounds? Run a 10-minute mile? Or maybe do 10 pushups in a row? What if I told you that the first step to any of those goals wasn’t finding a new fad diet or fitness routine, but taking a test based on the MBTI?

I’m writing about the 8 Colors of Fitness, a research-backed personality test that aligns closely with the 16 Myers Briggs personality types. Each “color” result ties to two MBTI types. For example, you can be either Purple Harmony or Purple Efficient—the first aligns with Feeling types, while the second aligns with Thinking types, according to Myers Briggs.

How do I know this works? I used it to get one of my best personal times in my latest 5k race.

I learned about the quiz this winter after meeting with the founder, Suzanne Brue, M.S. She’s a researcher and teacher who told me she was tired of “one size fits all” fitness advice. She’s not alone in this conviction, either: her work has been applied to physical activity programs at Blue Cross Blue Shield Florida and the YMCA.

When I took the quiz, I found out I was a Gold Harmony, which aligns perfectly with my Myers Briggs type, ESFJ. “Recognition and praise for a job well done is particularly motivating to Gold Harmonies,” which reminded me that I always seem to do best when I’m training for a race. So I found a low-pressure 5k in my area and began training for it.

My results said, “Golds are comfortable with predictable environments where they know what to expect and what’s expected,” so I decided to run the same route every training session. They said, “Golds typically decide in advance what they’re going to do, and how they’re going to measure a workout,” so I decided to schedule four runs a week, two “easy” runs and two “hard” runs, each with their own ideal 5k finishing time—30:00 or 32:00. I organized it so I’d be running the real race on the day I would usually run one of my “hard” runs.

When the day of the race came, I was already in a familiar mindset, accustomed to running as hard as I could during that same time. My result? 29:55! I did slightly better than the more ambitious time I’d planned for myself, almost as good as some of the best times I got when I was in college, in the best shape of my life. (Looking back, college required me to have a strict structure around my workouts, so that might be why I was so healthy back then.) I realized that I can meet other goals by following my color advice—next up is losing 5 pounds.

By using the suggestions for my 8 Colors of Fitness color, I was able to build a fitness routine just for me that took my own personality into account. It has given me a good blueprint for the future, too. Now I’m encouraging all of my friends and family to take the quiz!

What’s your fitness type? Take the quiz and find out!

G

·
0 Posts
Hi) I believe that only sports and proper nutrition contribute to weight loss. When you know your personality type, it's easier for you to choose the sport that is closer to you. When I was a plump man too, I know what I'm talking about, it was difficult for me to do some kind of active sport and I went to golf for a start. I bought all the necessary with coupons on this site https://www.firstordercode.com/shop/golftown.com came out much cheaper and on with economized money I was engaged with a personal instructor. at me the beginning to turn out and combining with a correct delivery I have started to grow thin. I can already run a decent amount of time) so only sports and food)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts