Personality Cafe banner

How was the year 2010 for you?

• 5- Excellent! Most if not all days were perfect.

Votes: 28 4.0%
  • 4- Good! A few problems, but nothing I couldn't handle.

Votes: 193 27.8%
  • 3- Neutral - There was some good and bad moments.

Votes: 270 38.9%
  • 2- Bad - The bad outweighed the good.

Votes: 127 18.3%
  • 1- Horrible! Most if not all days were bad.

Votes: 43 6.2%
  • 0- Worst year ever!

Votes: 33 4.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Really a terrible year except for the final two months. Spent about the first 7 or so emotionless and caught up in my head, had a a major depressive episode in October. Good news is, though, is that I'm now feeling better than I have in years! I have high hopes for 2011. :cool:

·
Registered
342 Posts
It started off okay, I finished my novel and got it edited and printed, and wrote another novel as well, and I also did really well at work.

On the downside, my gran died and I really miss her.

In the good & bad section, I split up with my husband, resulting in having to take court action, having to move out of my home for 2 months and getting into masses of debt. It's good as well as bad because I have now split up with him which leaves me feeling very positive for 2011 as it was a very toxic relationship that I never thought I would escape from. I'm sure 2011 is going to be much better!

·
Registered
22 Posts
5- Everything fell together. I got out of the darkness that was the end of 2009 which led to me becoming a new person... AND found this site... pretty baller 2010... pretty baller indeed

·
Registered
97 Posts
Is it an ISTJ thing to notice that the grammar is wrong in the poll? And to have it bug me? Sigh.

All in all, the year has been great thus far (still a day and a half left!), with the minor exception of little things. Like grammar errors...

·
Registered
11 Posts
It was a year where I had a lot of new experiences, and I think I learned the most in 2010 than I had in any other year. I used to be very introverted and awkward, and it wasn't serving me very well, since I constantly wanted to kill myself pretty much for most of 2008, and part of 2009. 2009 was a year without much action. But for me, 2010 had both learning and action. But I went through a lot of tough things, like I started drinking alcohol to handle some stress about halfway through, and I built a dependency on it that I'm still trying to get over.

but all in all, it was a pretty good year.

·
Registered
80 Posts
4. Pretty Good

I learnt and experienced plenty this year. I felt like I really grew as a person. I used to be wary and extremely cautious of people, but I have come to realize that not all people are out there to hurt you. This really helped me with opening up to people, interacting with people and now I am much more sociable. Yes, I am still terribly awkward with strangers but I made so many new friends and also managed to keep the ones that matter, which is a big improvement for me.

2010 also taught me that intelligence is useless without hard work and I think I am starting to truly understand the value and the deep potential of hard work. I used to think I could get through life solely based on intuition and intelligence. But I have come to realize intelligence without hard work is a worthless gift. I am still plagued with bad faith - procrastination but I am trying my best and I think compared to the old me, the old me would have dismissed any attempts of trying to overcome procrastination and instead fed myself with plenty of excuses. 2010 taught me to utilize my gifts to their maximum, taught me to find a diamond in myself.

The main highlight of 2010 is I get to try so many new things and have come to fall in love with all these new experiences. 2010 introduced me to the most beautiful sport in the world and now I am berating myself for not having realized this much sooner. I joined soccer on a whim (after much persuasion by my friend and well, to hopefully stop her from persuading me, i thought i could give it a try and then tell her that i don't like the sport) but yeah... as you can see I have irrevocably fallen in love with the beauty of the game. Yes, call me cheesy. But it's really really fun. And that's an understatement, I love how the game works and the 'mechanics' behind it. Hahahaha.

Alot of good things happened. And well, there are also depressing events, like the passing of four of my hamsters :sad: and how useless I am as I could not ease my hamster's pain. My best friend leaving, but with all the negative and positive things that came, 2010 taught me alot and for that I am very grateful.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
In order.

Good
Bad
Shit
Good
Bad
Stressfull
Mind boggling awesome
Shit

And that was 2010 in a nutshell

·
mafia mod
13,290 Posts
A mess: getting fired, dog dying, Legal and other issues of that sort beginning and still pending. New chronic health problems.- to add to the old chronic health problems

A year of Doctors and lawyers.

Whether you walk in the trenches or on the beaches, the key is to keep walking.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Well, it couldn't have started out any worse; psychosis, paranoid delusions, violent outbursts, depression, I was a fucking nutcase. I lost the family I always wanted and my best friend, at the same time. I thought my mom was going to die or lose her mental capacity. However, my mental and emotional health are now at a point, that still leaves me shocked. Arguably, I'm the most stable I've ever been in my adult life; 14 fucking years of my life, I've been lost in that darkness. Ending on that incredible high note, gets it's a 3.5 from me. I'll recover and I'll end up stronger... the right way, this time. No more wrath of God coursing through my veins, leveling all in my way.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I voted a three, but upon further reflection my year was more close to a 4.5
Let's see were to begin...I spent a good chunk of 2010 in my final year of HS, and during those few months I was FINALLY being acknowledged for my intellect, and not being put down by teachers. Seriously, I had the best teachers ever who were so supportive, and encouraged me to stop being lazy and pursue my interests. I think the cherry moment was when I got back my 9 page cumulative essay for lit studies with the highest mark (98%), and my teacher was going crazy about how it was one the best essays he's ever read, and it exceeded any expectations of his. This was the first time in my life I ever got such praise, and it was a great way to end HS.

I also had the best Summer EVER, it was simply amazing. I spent most of it away from home, and met lost of people and did so many fun things. I also fell in love for the first time <3 which was super crazy, super frustrating, and unforgettable. I also learned more about myself, and almost got lost in the woods in the middle of the night.

And finally, I recently became interested in abstract math and physics, so much so that I've decided to change my major to astrophysics. I think when you discover an aspect of yourself, you never knew you had, that means you're growing as an individual and experience life the way it should be lived. I always considered myself an arts/social science/humanities kind of person but, after taking an intro astronomy course this semester I'm so completely drawn to these fields where my knowledge is not very sufficient, and it's amazing the kinds of things I've encountered in these fields of studies.

Right now, 2010 is a bit slow seeing as I'm out of school and have nothing to do, but hopefully when school starts (which is not soon enough!) 2011 will be more amazing than this year.

·
Registered
97 Posts
5. Right from the start I had a very enjoyable last semester at high school. I was in band and anime club and really enjoyed those months. The summer was OK but I was mostly inside on the computer (which is better than any alternative, IMO). Then, in September, I started college in a career I really love (Software Engineering) and met some really awesome people there. I managed a highest mark of 100, a lowest of 80, and an average of 91.2 for the semester. Then I had a fantastic Christmas with money that I have from government loans/grants/scholarships so instead of a very low-money Christmas we could actually afford good food and gifts. Finally, I just had a fantastic New Year celebration at my grandfathers with a lot of family that I hadn't seen in half a year.

THEREFORE IT WAS A FANTASTIC YEAR! Long live 2010!

41 - 60 of 92 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.