Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
It's not surprising. My results vary depending on the test. I score all over the place on dichotomy tests (ENTJ, ENTP, ENFJ, ESTJ, ESTP mostly, depending on the test) and usually as ENTJ or ESTJ on function tests. I took what is supposedly the "best" one at keys2cognition recently and got ESTP though so who knows.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's not surprising. My results vary depending on the test. I score all over the place on dichotomy tests (ENTJ, ENTP, ENFJ, ESTJ, ESTP mostly, depending on the test) and usually as ENTJ or ESTJ on function tests. I took what is supposedly the "best" one at keys2cognition recently and got ESTP though so who knows.
Text Yellow Font

Great))

·
Registered
52 Posts
I second that keys2cognition is a very good test. Feels like the others only work if the preferences are strong ...

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
extraverted Sensing (Se) ***************** (17.9)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ************************************ (36.2)
excellent use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************************* (31.8)
good use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************************** (34.1)
good use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************************* (37.1)
excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************* (25.8)
average use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) *************************** (27.2)
average use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ***************************** (29.9)
average use

Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ISTJ

Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Sensing (Si): Stabilizing with a predictable standard. Carefully comparing a situation to the customary ways you’ve come to rely on. Checking with past experiences. Stabilizing a situation and invest for future security.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Extraverted Thinking (Te): Measuring and constructing for progress. Making decisions objectively based on evidence and measures. Checking if things function properly. Applying a procedure to control events and complete goals.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ESTJ, or INTJ

It does the same for me. The result should say ESTJ, while it says ISTJ instead. Te is higher than Si and Ne is higher than Fi.

·
Registered
ILI
5,652 Posts
extraverted Sensing (Se) ***************** (17.9)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ************************************ (36.2)
excellent use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************************* (31.8)
good use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************************** (34.1)
good use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************************* (37.1)
excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************* (25.8)
average use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) *************************** (27.2)
average use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ***************************** (29.9)
average use

Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ISTJ

Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Sensing (Si): Stabilizing with a predictable standard. Carefully comparing a situation to the customary ways you’ve come to rely on. Checking with past experiences. Stabilizing a situation and invest for future security.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Extraverted Thinking (Te): Measuring and constructing for progress. Making decisions objectively based on evidence and measures. Checking if things function properly. Applying a procedure to control events and complete goals.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ESTJ, or INTJ

It does the same for me. The result should say ESTJ, while it says ISTJ instead. Te is higher than Si and Ne is higher than Fi.
I got ESTJ for mine. �� *highfive*

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Your results point towards ENTJ, so I don't know why it would say INTJ.
Your Te is higher than Ni and your Se is higher than Fi.
That's what I've considered as well. However, there are times when I don't get anyone at all so I consider INFP even. Maybe being a woman ENTJ is why, we are a minority (and a discriminated one as well).

·
Registered
974 Posts
I also get a lot of weird answers with both dichotomy and cognitive functions tests. Here's the last one I took:

Text Yellow Font Line Parallel

According to this I'm an INFP. Am I that, or am I an ISFP? To be honest, I don't care anymore. Results like this have annoyed me to the point where I'm done with trying to figure out my type. Reading and studying the cognitive functions has only helped me prove to myself that I'm dominant Fi, I still have no idea what my main perception function is. I'll probably just stick to ISFP for now because the ISFP forum section is so nice and sweet.

But if you're an ENTJ woman, then +respect to you. You're a rare but admirable sight in my eyes.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Myers Briggs is a system to bring a complex idea to the public in a basic way.

99% of people here never heard of Carl Jung. They don't know he was a doctor. They don't realize the test is based on a metaphysical book. Saying MBTI is fake is like saying Rene Descartes (I think, therefore I am) ideas are unscientific. Of course the ideas are immeasurable! They are philosophy!

Carl Jung was a philosopher who tried to heal people that his colleagues told him to give up on, because they're too crazy. He didn't beleive that and tried to understand people in a way no one else did back then.

MBTI again, is an attempt to introduce heavy information to the masses, hopefully inspire interest in those with capable minds, or help others to understand each other at least.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I also get a lot of weird answers with both dichotomy and cognitive functions tests. Here's the last one I took:

View attachment 315842

According to this I'm an INFP. Am I that, or am I an ISFP? To be honest, I don't care anymore. Results like this have annoyed me to the point where I'm done with trying to figure out my type. Reading and studying the cognitive functions has only helped me prove to myself that I'm dominant Fi, I still have no idea what my main perception function is. I'll probably just stick to ISFP for now because the ISFP forum section is so nice and sweet.

But if you're an ENTJ woman, then +respect to you. You're a rare but admirable sight in my eyes.
I am quite found of ISFPs myself.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Yeah, I've gotten everything on god's green earth, the most consistent thing for a while now has been INFJ and I don't trust that and likely never fully will.

(rambling)

For every single test, your score is a reflection of how the test maker perceives you, because the questions are crafted based on how they perceive the functions or dichotomy. If all test maker's perceives the functions in the same way, test results would be more consistent. But they're reading the same raw material as the rest of us.

They're questions which attempt to be constant enough to match up with some cognitive function or dichotomy, and in the test makers head it does... but how exactly are we interpreting that question, is it in the same way the test maker intended us to? How we answer the questions and interpret ourselves morphs for a lot of people. "Do you do x" might be read at different points in our lives, different examples might come to mind and we'll answer differently. There are people who might have preferences they're not themselves aware of, how accurate is our introspection regarding those things? A lot of people might not be aware that they do something far more often than they think. It's why people often score multiple different things throughout their live, even on the same tests.

I think it's great that you have that gut reaction of "oh no, that's definitely wrong" which allows you to connect strongly with a type to begin with. But yeah, a lot of people have the same thing happen on tests lol.

Reactions: The Dude

·
Registered
5,243 Posts
I usually get INTP or INFP when I take either kind of test. There is a general (and correct) assumption that tests are not the way to test yourself. The only way to type yourself is to read...a lot.

·
Registered
5,243 Posts

View attachment 315842

I was really confused too until I read Psychological Types and got to the Ne section. Then I was like "whoa". That is what leads. Then I had to spend months reading and thinking about the other functions until I got to ENFP. It was extremely annoying at times.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Most tests online aren't that accurate because most of them simply go the typical: I vs E, N vs S, T vs F, and J vs P route rather than considering the functions. Also some of them are just incorrect and have different assumptions of different signs. Funnily enough I have gotten INFJ quite consistently across the board in various online tests, but looking deeper into functions and whatnot I seem at the moment to fit into INFP better.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts