Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering how well other ISFPs believe they fit into different situations or locations in general. This can be when you're with others or not.

Personally, I almost always feel out of place. Whether I truly am out of place or it's just a feeling that comes from inside me is another story, but I always have the mentality that I seem to be the odd one out. It seems like no matter where I am, I always want to be somewhere else, and when I get to that somewhere else the feeling arises again. Because I can't completely enjoy what I'm doing that moment, I feel a distance from others and I think that contributes to my idea of me not fitting in.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yes, I usually feel self-concious about who I am and how I don´t fit in with the people around me. Other people usually can´t tell though and think I´m one of them, sometimes even if I hate being around them. Like at work when I was offered a promotion and I turned it down people were wondering why (I hate engineering and prefer hands-on stuff so I´m still a technician), they thought I was a good candidate for an engineer but have no idea that I actually plan on quiting and starting a non-electronics career. I can usually find common ground with other people which is probably what leads them into thinking I´m one of them.

If I´m doing things with other people then I am distracted somewhat and don´t notice that I don´t fit in. On a very rare occasion I will meet someone I click with well and even though I notice I´m not like them completely I will not feel very self-concious around them and not care that I´m different from that person. But for everyone else, including everyone in my family, I definitely notice I don´t fit in and find that I can´t really be around them too much before I feel I have to get away from all the superficial interactions and be myself alone.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I blend in pretty well. Or at least used to. But I always had the feeling of not fitting in, and since I care less and less about putting up my mask and blending in its pretty obvious to my friends that I`m not really the person they thought I was.

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
What's fitting in?

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I don't fit in. as a child, I HATED it, but now I wouldn't have it any other way. I am really :proud: of who I am.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've gotten better at fitting in over the years. I still almost always feel out of place, even when I know everyone around me very well (like at work. 6 months with mostly the same people and I can barely hold a conversation with them). I tend to get along with everybody quite well, to the point where my friends say I'm similar to Ditto (Pokemon); I just go with the flow, following whoever looks like they know what they're doing.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Sometimes I wonder if me saying I don't fit in is all just in my head. I blend in, when people know me they usually like me. I guess since I'm not talkative it seems like people give up on me and ignore me, though I don't think it's because they dislike me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'd say that I am very well liked where ever I go. However I always feel a little out of place too. I usually let others do the talking, and hate being the center of attention. Walking into a classroom for the first time, for example, is an unnerving experience. I get bored easily, and I'm always thinking about the next thing I could be doing.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Its all so sad that none of us ever really fit in... :crying:

No one really understands us... i dont think... and thats why we are really considered as the artists

1 - 12 of 12 Posts