Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In case you don't already know, a person's shadow type is the exact opposite of theirs. For example, I am an ENFP, and I am Extroverted, intuitive, feeling, and perceiving. However, my opposite the ISTJ, would be Introverted, sensing, thinking, and judging.

Now I personally have butted heads with nearly every ISTJ that I've ever known. How do the rest of you all get along with your shadow types?

Reactions: Daniel_James_Maher

·
Registered
526 Posts
My roommate and best friend is my shadow type and we're insperable. We argue every 5 seconds, but we have fun while doing it. :tongue:

·
Registered
183 Posts
ESFP...never meet one of them. At least, not one that i know and officially typed. Perhaps they lurk in places that I avoid (disco, sit-ins...?)
I should pick a person who irks me and submit it to you to type ;)

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
I was about to talk about my ISTJ dad, but now that I've decided to see how ENTP fits: I've never really met an ISFJ...
I'll still talk about my ISTJ dad:
Our ways of thinking kinda collide sometimes. He, of course, really likes to stay with familiarity. I, of course, am open to the new. He sometimes looks down on things that aren't what he grew up with or what he's familiar with. Sometimes he tells me to do things without reason. I'm notorious in my family for always needing a reason for things lol
But he's much more practical than I am and I think that it's a good thing for a dominant Ne-user like myself to learn some practicality. We can also relate in a few ways: We both love history, sci fi, fantasy, and strategy games. I guess I got my nerdiness from him lmao

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Well I haven't exactly figured my personality type out yet. The good thing? I have it pretty much narrowed down to four options: ISFP, ESFP, ESFJ, ENFP - which would make the shadow types ENTJ, INTJ, INTP, ISTJ

INTJ's and INTP's, I really love them. :blushed: Actually, my best and/or longest relationships/friendships have been with these two types.

ENTJ's are cool. I've had pretty good experiences with them, but they definitely don't beat INTJ's - sorry :tongue:

ISTJ - do I have any choice but to not get along with them? I was raised in a household with two (maybe three) ISTJ's. I think they need to loosen up a bit, and learn to live a little, but, yeah...at least they're dependable. :cool:

Reactions: Windblownhair

·
Banned
557 Posts
I get along great with ISFPs. I admire their artistic and/or musical abilities. Their quietness is like a puzzle for me to come into contact with and unlock in order to learn more about them. I actually like introverts, they don't give away their personalities right away, you need to delve deeper to do that.

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
Never met an ENFJ...at least I don't think I have. My mom's INFJ. We've butted heads often in the past. But we get along better now...through sheer hard work.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
ISFJ... I've probably met one and I've probably disliked them.

Me and real-world SJs don't get along, and most of the feelers I know tend to be on the extreme end, so based on that I'll say we wouldn't get along.

Although, I might be surprised, of course.

·
MOTM June 2010
2,507 Posts
Never met an ENFJ...at least I don't think I have. My mom's INFJ. We've butted heads often in the past. But we get along better now...through sheer hard work.
Actually our shadow type is ESTJ. I get along with them very well. Contrary to claims made, the ESTJs I have known allowed me to get my work done as needed and gave me ample freedom.
In case you don't already know, a person's shadow type is the exact opposite of theirs. For example, I am an ENFP, and I am Extroverted, intuitive, feeling, and perceiving. However, my opposite the ISTJ, would be Introverted, sensing, thinking, and judging.
I have always understood our shadow type to be the type that share identical function order, but different attitudes:

TNSF = ENTJ/INTP
TSNF = ESTJ/ISTP
NTFS = ENTP/INTJ
STFN = ESTP/ISTJ
FNST = ENFJ/INFP
FSNT = ESFJ/ISFP
SFTN = ESFP/ISFJ
NFTS = ENFP/INFJ

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
Actually our shadow type is ESTJ. I get along with them very well. Contrary to claims made, the ESTJs I have known allowed me to get my work done as needed and gave me ample freedom.I have always understood our shadow type to be the type that share identical function order, but different attitudes
Oh yeah, I get along with ESTJs just fine. The ones that I know are a little too wound up for their own good, but we understand each other perfectly.

·
Registered
243 Posts
When I took the MBTI in high school, we were instructed to find out opposites. It was quite amusing. I finally understood why I didn't like this girl!! haha We were opposites and it made sense. My best friend at the time, a year older than me, had the same experience. Since then, I have met at least 1 more-ESTJs that is. I felt very uneasy around the one for many years, but later on it wasn't so bad. We respected eachothers' differences.
It's kind of funny to see a few people here say they don't know any ESFJs or ESFPs. My world is overrun with them!!!
Now, if were' talking ENFJs, that's a way different story. I think I have known 1 in my life and I was quite smitten with him, in awe. I never really got know him beyond a professional level. He got my attention just by seeing him be so nice to everyone, very respectful person. I find that quite appealing.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I'm not sure whether I'm INFP or INFJ at this point... but I find that ESTJs, depending on who they are, are alright with me, and I'm okay with them too, but we tend to clash and there is a huge gap that needs to be worked out (can take a lot of time) before we can just...be, I guess. I like their go-with-the-flow-get-things-done-and-have-a-good-time-with-family-and-friends attitude. They keep me calm to some degree... and are able to leave me to do my bit and I let them to their's. Some ESTJs are scary (for lack of a lighter term) though :bored:

ESTPs are probably a little more trickier for me. I am okay with them generally, I like how they can excel in any skills they wish to get their hands on. They get things done in their own unique way. They're funny and mean well if they care for you. But I have a huge disconnection factor with them. It takes a lot of work to even have a mutual interaction. Sometimes it goes on with the attitude of "live and let live" and this keeps peace from a distance. But the closer we get with our POVs and perspectives, the trickier it gets.

I get along with both of these types to a reasonable amount. There's basically not a thing as not getting along with them. Just not too well. Perhaps I would like to, one day.

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
Since Functianlyst says that the ENTP's shadow type is INTJ, I can say that I've only really met one INTJ...my sister. We get along very well. She and I have had misunderstandings in the past, but luckily, I can now understand some of her behavior better. Beyond everything, we have very similar interests and ways of thinking and it's very easy to talk to her and have fun with her.

If I'm an ENFP, I can also talk about my INFJ mom. She's sometimes a bit too dramatic about things :dry:, but all-in-all, we can usually get along quite well. She's helped me with many problems in the past, but sometimes it is hard to talk to her about things since she kinda looks down on my thoughts...or seems to not be very understanding about things. It's easy to laugh with her and have a very fun time, most of the time. She is very wise and knowing, I'll give her that. For that reason, she's a very good parent :)

Reactions: anon

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Actually our shadow type is ESTJ. I get along with them very well. Contrary to claims made, the ESTJs I have known allowed me to get my work done as needed and gave me ample freedom.I have always understood our shadow type to be the type that share identical function order, but different attitudes:

TNSF = ENTJ/INTP
TSNF = ESTJ/ISTP
NTFS = ENTP/INTJ
STFN = ESTP/ISTJ
FNST = ENFJ/INFP
FSNT = ESFJ/ISFP
SFTN = ESFP/ISFJ
NFTS = ENFP/INFJ
Really, I thought that a person's shadow type was the one opposite of theirs? If that's the case, I've never met an INFJ, so don't know how I would get along with them.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ESFP...never meet one of them. At least, not one that i know and officially typed. Perhaps they lurk in places that I avoid (disco, sit-ins...?)
I should pick a person who irks me and submit it to you to type ;)
You've never met an ESFP? Are you serious? They are everywhere.

·
Registered
183 Posts
what i was implying is: none of the people i met and who I know took the test resulted as ESFP; and I only started to try typing people without a test, so i can't say for sure 'yes, (s)he is ESFP and i like/dislike her' XD

only persons among my accountances who took the test (i started some spam-like policy in the last months :p) resulted: ISTJ, ISTP, ENTP, ENFP.

I still don't know (as tested) types of my ex-collegues nor family ^^'

--edit---

ehm...may you please reach some agreement on who is the shadow of who? I also knew only the 'straight opposite' definition.

If INTJs shadow is ENTP...well, the only ENTP i typed is an online acquaintance and he's an interesting person...but most of our interaction is me talking off him for being almost always a troll and a jerk in a forum where i am mod in XD

·
MOTM June 2010
2,507 Posts
Really, I thought that a person's shadow type was the one opposite of theirs? If that's the case, I've never met an INFJ, so don't know how I would get along with them.
That's simply our opposites. We use the same functions but in reverse.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts