Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Now that I'm a mother I can't wait to get to know my daughter ;) So I wonder what the different personalities look like when they're babies and if there are similarities. Here's what I know:

-My brother is a 5w6, he was a cry-baby, could walk really soon, always waved with his hands whenever there was anything exciting.
-Another brother is an 8w9, very easy as a baby, slept a lot, more social, not so fast in his physical development.
-I'm a 4w5 and a lot in my youth went wrong so, it's hard to say if the way I was as a baby had to do with the complicated situation or if it was really just my personality. My mom says I was an easy baby, happy, didn't make much eye-contact (but am unhealthy attached so that could explain), would be forceful about getting things my way, was soon to potty train and dress myself, wanted to do everything myself.

Anyone knows/heard how they (or others) were as a baby?

·
Registered
526 Posts
As a baby I was neglected and sometimes abused and that emotional distress follows me into adult life. My school going years were also filled with anxiety and low self esteem which lead to extreme shyness, as well as getting attached to people way too easily. In the later childhood and teenage years, I was raised with a very sheltered lifestyle, often having to resort to my own devices and keep myself entertained. This lead to fun things, like making up stories about thieves breaking into houses and stealing stuff, which was most likely my way of coping with things I couldn't have.

Long story short, my life overall was fucked up. It's a wonder I'm not some psychopathic/narcissistic nutcase now. After being completely one way, and then swinging completely the other way, I think I'm finally starting to get closer to a well balanced middle. I didn't start coming out of my shell until I was about 15 anyway, and even then, it was only a way to seek validation and approval from other males before going back to the world of women that I started with. This might give me a more feminine nature, but I always was a gentle, sensitive soul anyway. But I can develop a hard outer shell when need be.

As for the bottom two questions... well, the basic necessities would have been nice. I've spent my life coping with the lack of basic things most others take for granted. My good friend I've known for 24 years is now distant with me. And I cope, indulging in this interest and that, hoping a good friend will come along.

9,999 Posts
Quiet, self-contained, kind, selfless (when someone was looking), (seemingly) content, easy, obedient, harmless, non-aggressive, curious, intelligent, friendly. A 9w1.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quiet, self-contained, kind, selfless (when someone was looking), (seemingly) content, easy, obedient, harmless, non-aggressive, curious, intelligent, friendly. A 9w1.
Haha! Commercial for the 9 :D You're right. I've looked up the enneagram for children but it's (pretty obviously) the same as it is for adults. So I edited my post to just for babies cause I haven't found anything about that :)

9,999 Posts
Haha! Commercial for the 9 :D You're right. I've looked up the enneagram for children but it's (pretty obviously) the same as it is for adults. So I edited my post to just for babies cause I haven't found anything about that :)
Me as a baby? I don't remember of course, and my parents aren't particularly loquacious. I seem to remember that my mother has said that I was quiet from birth, wouldn't cry even when I was sick. Would just lie quietly in my crib, let her sleep.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@APBReloaded I'm sorry to hear/read. So many children don't get the youth they need and deserve and that puts them so far behind on so many things later in life: school, contacts, love, jobs... You need to relearn everything, even how to be healthy attached to people and that some people can actually be trusted and good (read: some :p). No matter where you go, remember you always have a choise. Choose right and life will become better. But it's really hard.

·
Registered
526 Posts
@APBReloaded I'm sorry to hear/read. So many children don't get the youth they need and deserve and that puts them so far behind on so many things later in life: school, contacts, love, jobs... You need to relearn everything, even how to be healthy attached to people and that some people can actually be trusted and good (read: some :p). No matter where you go, remember you always have a choise. Choose right and life will become better. But it's really hard.
I think I've managed quite well despite the circumstances. I stand up for what I believe in without wavering, that's a good start. I just wish everyone didn't turn away the moment I started being me and going for what I want instead of caving to do what everyone else wanted. I grew apart from everyone, everyone else went and found their own circles, and the internet is not the place to maintain friendships. Not for me anyway. Our technology has both connected us with opportunities never before possible, and disconnected us.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Me as a baby? I don't remember of course, and my parents aren't particularly loquacious. I seem to remember that my mother has said that I was quiet from birth, wouldn't cry even when I was sick. Would just lie quietly in my crib, let her sleep.
A nine friend of mine said she slept all through the night as soon as she was born, half of the days and she walked only when she was 2 years old. It might be that the nine baby is really laid back ;)

·
Registered
15,125 Posts
I was told ( bc I have no memories of myself before 2.5 )

Very calm, curious, friendly - always smiling- very bald , enjoys playing hide and go seek

As an adult- I guess I'm not as extroverted and more laid back but my family think my personality temperament have been the same my entire life

No idea if I'm a 7 or a 9

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
638 Posts
Learned to talk to very early but was not talkative, extremely strong and mobile at an absurdly early age but learned to actually walk rather late. Unusually non-reactive (rarely cried, rarely smiled). As a toddler, restrained and polite and somewhat shy and sensitive, but also apathetic about rules: my reputation varied a lot between being seen as well-behaved vs as a little troublemaker, depending on whether the adult I was with valued exacting obedience or mildness more. Curious, observant, thoughtful, conversed "like an adult" in toddlerhood, sort of no-nonsense (the "got your nose" stuff didn't get a lot of play with me). Played well and easily on my own. Imaginative (was lining up a set of toy soldiers and trying to talk at them before I was out of my wind up swing). Impatient (getting tired of waiting for things or getting frustrated was the number one thing that made me cry). Particular about how I wanted stuff and had definite opinions... could be bossy with other children, though I got along with them well enough.

I've always been told that I was an easy baby, compared to my siblings.

·
Electronica Wizard
6,656 Posts
As a baby? I can't remember. My sense of awareness only started when I was 2 years old. At the time I was involved in an accident which had cost the lost of my left eyesight. Since then life was never the same. I was a self-indulgent kid who was happy to spend most of my time entertaining myself in my own room. Watched a lot of cartoons and documentaries. Read copious amount of books and drawn pictures almost everyday. I would be irritable when I didn't get what I wanted. Always threw a tantrum. Anxiety-ridden to the point of agoraphobia. Lonely and quiet. I didn't learn social skills until my late teens.

·
Registered
INFP 4w5 sp
5,207 Posts
I think I'm 4w5, definitely an INFP. I don't remember being a baby obviously. My mom says I was sick a lot, was talking and walking pretty early, and was pretty stubborn. As a toddler/preschooler I was very quiet and shy and gentle, I didn't need a lot of discipline, just a stern word would send me to tears of repentance - but I do recall quietly ignoring some rules (like don't go in the garden part of the preschool yard, because I knew it was just to keep the flowers safe and I was very careful of them - that sort of not exactly rebellion). In grade school I tended to make friends with other kids that were lonely or picked on and I didn't care about being thought cool. I was good at entertaining myself and was very imaginative and loved arts & crafts and fantasy. I was always a night owl and would lay in bed for hours imagining fantasy adventures. I had a lot of energy, but I was never 'athletic'. I tended to get along with kids who were younger than me and was in no hurry to grow up. Though in many ways I was mature for my age - cautious, insightful, able to converse with adults, that sort of thing, in the more culturally obvious ways I was always a bit behind the others - like playing with little kid toys longer and preferring to wear 'little girl' styles well into junior high. I have felt like my personality has been pretty clear and consistent throughout my life.

As a mom myself now, I’m curious to see how my daughter’s personality will unfold. So far my mom says she’s pretty similar to how I was, but I think she may be a little more outspoken and interested in other’s oppinions than I was.

9,999 Posts
A nine friend of mine said she slept all through the night as soon as she was born, half of the days and she walked only when she was 2 years old. It might be that the nine baby is really laid back ;)
High from birth, born with abnormally high levels of cannabinoids in the brain.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Apparently,

Was never into eating

Calm, curious

Didn't speak (even though my Mom suspected this 'observer' could)

First words ended up being a question (information gathering started young...)

Escape artist as a baby

First memory (around 4) was being in awe over nature/life

Had learned to read/write already

Perfectly well behaved for my parents (in their presence anyway)

Yet I was kicked out of kindergarten (day one: broke my arm during questionable activity, day two: tried to take over, day three: homeschooled)

Peaceful years followed with me quietly enjoying my time, my books, my garden & my inner landscape.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
My mother says I was the most undemanding of her children.

According to her even my cry was hesitant - which I can believe. I don't like making demands of people and I'm averse to people making demands of me.

I remember as a young child (preschool) I was really good at art, so that's all I did. Painting, drawing, singing and playing the xylophone. I think part of me also liked how I got praised by adults and 'accepted' by other children for my 'talent'.

Starting school was such a shock to the system because I wasn't used to doing things I wasn't naturally good at. I also found the routine and monotony of it stifling. My school was one of these uptight religious ones, with delusions of grandeur, so they had us take IQ tests as soon as we were able to read and write. I was unfortunate enough to score high, and that meant extra Maths homework for me - sometimes I would stay up till 12 am in order to finish my homework.

I think I always had this divide in my personality; being a people pleaser but at the same time very demand avoidant (defiant even, if I was pushed far enough).

·
Registered
7,142 Posts
I have no idea how I was as a baby, and my mom's not giving me a very clear answer. Apparently I was stubborn (no one could ever make me do something I didn't want to) though "not a leader type," more introverted. I guess as a baby I mostly slept until I got a lot of ear infections. =P

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have no idea how I was as a baby, and my mom's not giving me a very clear answer. Apparently I was stubborn (no one could ever make me do something I didn't want to) though "not a leader type," more introverted. I guess as a baby I mostly slept until I got a lot of ear infections. =P
Hey Remnants, what type are you? I'm putting it all in a table to look for common answers among the types :)

9,999 Posts
Hey Remnants, what type are you? I'm putting it all in a table to look for common answers among the types :)
FYI I don't think all 9s are calm babies. I remember we had a discussion on this on the 9 subforum but can't find it now... Unless I misremember, @EyesOpen wasn't a calm child? Anyone else? @Napoleptic ? @ButIHaveNoFear?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts