Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and the man I love often say "it's hard being a teenage INFP" xDD
thoughts? feelings? i'll tell other day i have no time :D

·
Registered
303 Posts
I was the "woe is me" poet. I was pretty withdrawn, read lots of books, & wrote a LOT of poetry about being alone, no one understanding me, my pain, and how I was completely invisible to the whole world including my family. I was kind of morbid about it too. "I wonder if at my funeral, anyone will even bother to cry."

But at the same time, I did fine at school (because I spent hours on homework desperately trying to figure out WTH was going on), was extremely responsible (because my mom was usually checked out & SOMEBODY had to make sure my brother was ok) but at the same time, really resentful having these things forced on me. I, more than anything, wanted someone to take care of me for just once in my life. Still waiting :crazy:

But I was told all teenagers go through this and to grow up. So I did my best. Plus I became a teenage mom - so...kind of had to suck it up. Bleck and more bleck. (but HE's now a teenager....so I haven't failed completely :proud: )

*UPDATE* - I've been sitting on the fence between INFP & INFJ - and I just hopped off of it into INFJ - hence the INFJ person answering the INFP questions. I'm sure this is common - just felt compelled to say something. O.O

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I was exactly like Daria. Monotone, sarcastic, cynical, always making fun of people in ways that went right over their heads.

·
MOTM Dec 2012
12,239 Posts
I was flaky as hell. I did not have many friends, especially in HS. Basically I hung around the goths and "weirdo"s because they accepted me for being weird. oh the irony... i felt like i was living someone else's horrible, unfortunate life.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I'm a teenager right now. So.

Lets see... I'm not socially awkward, in fact I have a ton of people who I just casually hang out with, yet I only have two close friends. I generally see myself as pretty awesome, though I respect very VERY few people. Probably means I have crazy rebellion potential.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Looking back to my teenage years, I could see the INFP. Kept to myself...got along with the various circles...didn't have a ton of friends but a handful of closer ones.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I guess I just finished my teenage years.

Looking back on it, it wasn't so bad in Elementary and Middle School; it freaking sucked in High School though. I had no "friends" there, only temporary acquaintances. I had no one to sympathize with, and to top it off that was when my father passed in late Junior Year. Went into a depression period Senior year from around Feb-April (and I mean the REAL depression by the way), and went on to finish school, without doing any Senior activities whatsoever--I could care less about those stupid people.

All in all, before 18 it was a terrible experience, one that I'm glad I'll never be experiencing again. However, it all has made me a better person and I continue to draw courage from those weakest points in my life. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, end of story.

·
Registered
INFP
1,484 Posts
Oh, man. I was thinking about this last night after I found a bunch of my journals from when I was 13-15. Around age 16 or so, I really mellowed out, but for awhile there, I was completely... bonkers.

As someone else mentioned, I wrote a lot of morbid poetry about feeling misunderstood and very invisible. For most of my childhood, in fact, I felt like I didn't have any "real" friends, even though I was pretty well-liked by most of my classmates. I definitely had friends and went out and did stuff, but I guess there was something that just wasn't clicking, so most of the time, I felt so alone. I could barely stand it most of the time. Like, I was really, really miserable for absolutely no reason.

I did well in school. I never got in trouble and was well-behaved.

I think what really helped was developing my more intuitive side. When I got to my junior year of high school, I got really into classic literature and literary analysis, and that became more my thing, rather than just being consumed by my emotions.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I was...

Well, I guess I've only not been a teenager for a year.

I wrote a lot of depressing poetry too. :dry: Really bad poetry. :laughing:

In high school, I got in kicks where I had to join every club or activity I could find. I was ambitious about my classes in the beginning, probably taking too hard classes, and then I got bored with them quickly. I never did my homework but still managed to make good grades. I'd get hooked on a book or T.V. show and end up staying up all night and not go to school the next day (I went to private school so they didn't hold you back for missed days). Half the school didn't know I could talk. I had more friends than I thought I did at the time. I was really dramatic at home, I think. I always felt like my family was ganging up against me, and I really wanted to get out of the house, but when I left for college, I felt like I was being kicked out.

Overall, I think it was a good experience. I miss being a part of many groups, and I miss my family, but I like living on my own and doing my own thing too.

4,757 Posts
I was intensely lonely and anxious. I spent all my time reading in my room. There was so much I thought I couldn't do - I can't really explain it. I mean, I'm generally not a big risk taker but I really held myself back when I was a teenager.

I did poorly in school - which changed only at the very end of my teenagerhood. I turned to philosophy for intellectual stimulation because school just overwhelmed me and there was no pressure in learning on my own.

I couldn't take teasing/friendly banter. I would take everything to heart and I would awkwardly try to deflect. Now, I've become extremely comfortable with it - but it was a very steep learning curve.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I'm an INFP teenager now, so I guess I'll just try to describe myself.

I do well in school, and take honor classes and stuff, but I have very few close friends. I talk to a lot of people, but forcing so much social behavior is just a daunting task after a while. When hanging out with people I tend to get lost in my own thoughts and disconnect from conversation. I'm also very self-aware and responsible. My emotions were a little crazy in middle school but I mellowed out in highschool.

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
I often tried to be someone I wasn't. I had no idea personality typing existed back then. I thought I was defective. I hated school. Never bothered to pay attention. Was pretty quiet (and still am), except around my friends. I was the silly one, who made everyone feel at ease. I was never an "emo" kid, though. I mean, I went through an emo phase for like a year in 8th grade, I think, but I had a crazy life changing experience that made me feel much better about myself for the years to come.

·
Registered
55 Posts
When I was a teen I was always "the odd one out". I tried to be more energetic around others but I always got tired as soon as I socialized. I could not figure out how I got so tired. Id always lay my head down and say im bored. I would watch the news just to start conversations at school but everytime my mind would go blank, I could not understand why I thought I was weird because I wasnt like everyone else. As I matured I started caring more about what I need and eventually found out im just introverted.

4,757 Posts
Angsty, black hair and clothes, reading Nietzsche in the corner and watching despisely everyone... god, I'm glad I'm not a teenager anymore :D
<3333 Nietzsche

·
Registered
299 Posts
I was withdrawn, and i had a hard time connecting to anyone. Chaos at home, fighting parents breaking up, being picked on daily for years didn't exactly help my social skills either, I just never got the chance until the second year of college.

Sometimes I wonder who I'd be now if it hadn't been for all that:mellow:

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I had 5 friends that I played D&D with constantly so I never got "lonely". I wished I had a girlfriend but didn't really have one until my early 20's.

I got mostly As and a few Bs so my parents would leave me alone and let me go play D&D with my friends anytime I wanted. I read tons of fantasy/sci-fi. I read about 50 books a year so I was never the bored teenager. There was always a book to read. I wrote a ton of dreadful poetry which didn't get better until after I graduated high school. I biked everywhere, even in winter.

I was just another kid that really didn't stand out one way or another. Even my good grades wasn't particularly noteworthy at my school considering we had 13 valedictorians and one of them was captain of the football team.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts