Personality Cafe banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you tell me how did your first time with hallucinogens affected you? And how it was when you get back to your former self?

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Shouldn't it be ''was'' because he is referring to an experience as oppose to experiences ?

How was your first experience with hallucinogens?
?

·
Registered
5,535 Posts
Er? Is there some unwritten social or asocial rule now that says everybody must take hallucinogens?

Shouldn't it be: Have you ever done hallucinogens? How was your experience?

Ayeeeeeeeeeee today's youths.... the world is going to the dogs.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Can you tell me how did your first time with hallucinogens affected you? And how it was when you get back to your former self?
Not that I've done hallucinogens but what do you mean by 'get back to your former self' because with some hallucinogens, all you experience are some visuals, compared to like the mindfuck of dmt

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've never tried any drugs stronger than alcohol or tobacco... I'm very scared that I'd get into this uncontrollable addiction and then goodbye independence!

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Meh. It was uninspiring. Tried LSD and shrooms when I was younger, although neither of them produce true hallucinations. Most people feel a bit down when they come off a trip. Sometimes they can be dizzy or nauseous for a while. A feeling of being a bit detached or "out of it" is pretty normal. Hallucinogens really mess with your brain chemistry though, so definitely not something you want to be doing on a regular basis.

The only real hallucinations I ever had were actually unintentional. The antimalarial I took when I was travelling in Africa had some trippy side effects :D At first it was rather terrifying (waking out of a sound sleep to find flying monkeys attacking you definitely messes with ones head), but once I figured out what was happening, I just enjoyed the ride.

I've never tried any drugs stronger than alcohol or tobacco... I'm very scared that I'd get into this uncontrollable addiction and then goodbye independence!
That's actually kind of funny since alcohol and nicotine are more addictive than most recreational drugs.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Meh. It was uninspiring. Tried LSD and shrooms when I was younger, although neither of them produce true hallucinations. Most people feel a bit down when they come off a trip. Sometimes they can be dizzy or nauseous for a while. A feeling of being a bit detached or "out of it" is pretty normal. Hallucinogens really mess with your brain chemistry though, so definitely not something you want to be doing on a regular basis.

The only real hallucinations I ever had were actually unintentional. The antimalarial I took when I was travelling in Africa had some trippy side effects :D At first it was rather terrifying (waking out of a sound sleep to find flying monkeys attacking you definitely messes with ones head), but once I figured out what was happening, I just enjoyed the ride.

That's actually kind of funny since alcohol and nicotine are more addictive than most recreational drugs.
I had no idea! Fortunately for me, I don't really have those very often anyhow. Those flying monkeys sound pretty crazy... haha.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I have no desire to try recreational drugs. Not being in complete control of my faculties frightens me.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
I had no idea! Fortunately for me, I don't really have those very often anyhow. Those flying monkeys sound pretty crazy... haha.
Yeah the monkeys were fun. Definitely better than the snakes that showed up the next morning :O

I had hallucinations a couple times a week for the last month or so that I was on that medication. Good ol' Mefloquine...

·
Registered
227 Posts
It was wonderful :) Still is every time, can be enlightening experiences if done properly

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Salvia blew my mind for a solid 15 minutes and left me with a warm glow for another hour or so.

Shrooms are next on the list to be tried, followed by LSD.

:proud:

·
Registered
67 Posts
I had a mild caffeine overdose that left me hallucinating for over an hour, hungover the next morning, and then swore off caffeine for the better part of 18 months.
That probably doesn't even count under the terms of your question, but that's the extent of my hallucinogenic experience outside of sleep deprivation.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Reeeally. Is this topic too unorthodox for anyone to reply inclusively? Or perhaps it's too personal or uncommon. Okay, there are specific forums for drug discussion, but being a forum about personalities, I believe this topic should have more potential. More than for black-and-white "drugs ar bade D:"-comments.
Anyway, here's my story, trying to keep it somewhat concise.

On a long-planned Saturday one week ago, I ingested a portion of psilocybe cubensis - how much of, I don't know. I started off carefully with just two mushrooms brewed in ginger tea, but after a hour of waiting the only effects I noticed were relaxedness and a certain effortlessness of being - like I had to decide for nothing. Gradually I strengthened the dose, eating all in all maybe one and a half or two grams. I was alone in my apartment, had the following days off, and had prepared myself mentally through thought orientation and education.
Three hours after the beginning of the experiment I was at a point where I was starting to act a little silly. The bathroom door's perspective seemed off, and I spontaneously likened my smile to that of a cat's. Getting bored of waiting for the effects, I had begun to play Skyrim, but my attention was impaired. Then, if I closed my eyes, I could feel my fingers extending like gum, and my face turning into a cat's! I still felt rather sensible.
Not long from that I consider my trip to have really taken off. Looking into the mushroom jar I sensed what is commonly described as the feeling of inanimate objects coming alive, though to me that sounds too simplistic. For me, it seemed as if they had a faint personality, a very rudimentary consciousness. I thought I perceived each mushroom's individual motions in a very sharp way, they nudged and and wiggled playfully. Soon after, I laughed. Insight after insight after insight started to slam into my face as I let loose with a roaring laugh, insights of things that I always had the access to, but not the simplest of wisdom to unlock. They were mostly about identity, desires and language. And I couldn't help but laugh. I roared with the most sincere, almost primeval, uncontrollable laughter. Sometimes I cried, but it rumbled out of me as laughter. Many will tell you that neither this sensation nor the insights can be expressed in words, so the following will inevitably sound ludicrous and cliché. But. I found in me a multitude of realities, a vast array of me's that consisted of all I've experienced and everyone I've met. My favorite deceased authors seemed as close friends to me as the rival I envied the most. It was a powerful sensation, and sometimes a frightening one, because I had no control over it. Kept me entertained all night. Still, I always felt calm. I knew that an up soon followed every down.
A crushing fatigue fell over me several times in similar waves.
Later on I took a short walk into the woods nearby my apartment. Of course, the nature was beautiful, and I felt the spatial dimensions in a very elaborate way, but I was too preoccupied with my mind to focus much on that. Had a few "eternity moments" there, another sensation common to hallucinogenic experiences. Unsettling, but terrifyingly beautiful.

I've heard the bliss of the experience been said to subside approximately two weeks after the hallucinogenic experience, but for me things seemed quite normal right the very next day. (Okay, it was an intensely peaceful day, I'll give you that.) Yet, I don't know if I ever will "revert" to my "old self" again, though. I've noticed how I have turned much, much more open, more forgiving and understanding of myself and others. This old feeling of a fearful identity trying to grasp into things to give itself a name has simply evaporated. I now know I am more than I can comprehend.

And there's something else.
I cannot seem to bring myself to ruminate anymore. It's really weird. See, in the past, I sometimes had trouble distinguishing rumination from problem-solving (yep, prone to depression that is), but now.. I mean, if I've just had a negative experience, I feel the emotion, and then I go a little blank. I don't know what to do with myself. The way I explain is that my brain has been used to associating a negative experience with following rumination, but now that the latter simply doesn't occur, I don't know what to do! It makes me want to laugh at myself. It's nice to think I might be testifying the effects scientists have noticed psilocybin has on the anterior cingulate cortex. It's the region of the brain that's overactive in people suffering from depression. BUT heed me: I do not recommend hallucinogens to people with ongoing depression. Nu-uh, not a good idea.

Okay, this was not concise. But I hope it answered your questions, OP.

·
Registered
226 Posts
LSD the drug of the consciousness + cannabis combo (don't think cannabis give you much effect under that, I could have smoke much more then normal without getting much effects.)

Well, under the effects I understood pretty much everything about the Universe. I was perceiving the World from another perspective. I saw myself for what I truly was, which I always had trouble grasping even under cannabis effects. Thousands of ideas were flashing in my head, lots of inventions, my internal visualization skill got to his maximum. I could see the rave music, I understood the rythmic and move of the drugged DJs on ecstasy (crazy crazy and skill music guys). I understood what was bad about myself and how I could change it. I also understood that I was a scientist and that the friends I had were really not like me. Even tho at the time I didn't really care about space, biology and all that shit. But I was seeing all those inventions, all that creativity, on cannabis I could only get to 5% of that. Under LSD my creativity was fucking insane, it was like running on a car at 12 500 km/h.

I understood I was much more like the guys I was always intimidating at school then like my friends (pretty much all criminals) and it made me sad in some way when I understood that. But one of my friend was kind of like me, probably an INTJ but with a lesser QI than mine which I have nothing against. We had telepathic like abilities when we were communicating together under LSD. We were doing that also without drugs but on LSD it was supra-normal.

I understood our society of consumption and that I would never be like that. I knew how bad it was for the planets, etc... Psychedelics are actually the best experiences people could ever do. There was even an article about it on sciencedaily.com recently
You should check that out : LSD and other psychedelics not linked with mental health problems, analysis suggests

Former self :

I planned my futur. What I will do, what I will work on. I became much more sociable with girls, I was quite already but it was much more after that. I made more friends, I got respected a little more because of how I was such a drug user. I was well known for that in school, it was quite funny.

Then 3 months later everything that experience brought me was going to the trashcan because I got a new father and I moved to a shit city and I haven't managed to do what I really wanted to do. I became a scientist but without my old friends, without friends at all would be a better description. So right now I'm not too happy but if that wasn't for that new father and new city I would be super happy or probably killed by someone.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I tried some pot with a really high THC level once. It made every light source look like rainbows. I thought I was having a stroke, and went to get my ENTJ roommate.

He explained that it was probably the pot.

-500 would not do it again.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts