Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im an 24 yr old INTJ girl. A month ago, I ended a 9 year relationship with my sociopathic, abusive and manipulative boyfriend, Corey. I am also friends with his friend Dylan, who I've known for years too. Well I'm practically in love with him (he's an INTP). We have A LOT in common, we share the same Christian views, Geopolitical views, Eschatology, same interests, humour, the whole shebang. As I am fairly an observer, I've always noticed when we'd see each other in person he tends to stare at me a lot, tries to make me laugh and he's very shy; we do also share memes 24/7 on messenger. I want to tell him how I feel about him but I'm not sure how that'll turn out. I guess thats a silly question because the only way i'll know is if i just TELL HIM. I just don't want to make him feel under pressure or weirded out because of the predicament we're both in - which I totally understand. A few weeks ago I asked if he wanted to still stay in touch (due to obvious reasons which i understood if he didn't want to) and he said he still does and that its fine, and then he sent me a crispy meme along with that message - following he proceeded to "like" my crush memes on my IG page. How should I tread in this circumstance, should I wait a little bit longer to tell him due to the break-up still being quite "fresh"? - be gentle pls. Cheers.
Sincere regards.

·
Registered
ENFP-A - 2w3 - JEEP
5,048 Posts
I'm sorry you were in a sociopathic and abusive relationship. I might find it troubling to be in a relationship with a male who was good friends with an abusive relationship. I would try to distance myself as much as possible from an exchange like that.

You said the INTP is the friend of the abuse ex so I'm not sure how he's going to take you asking him out and admitting feelings for him. It depends on the loyalty he has for his friend. Yes, you'll just have to tell him but again pointing out the obvious if you gain a relationship with him you will still have to correspond with your abusive and manipulative ex if they're close friends.

Again I would be leary about him because of the abusive ex-boyfriend. He could strongly backlash against this relationship. When I was in one and I ended it, I didn't want to have anything to do with him or his friends. I wanted to hide. Of course, my situation was more about a verbal abusive cycle with a very manipulative narcissistic male. I also understand it took me a while to heal from that. You should allow yourself to heal some from this experience before diving back into a new relationship tied to the older one. I would only fear that you would be putting yourself in harm's way.

If he's not that close to your ex and doesn't agree with the other person's behavior, you should still go slowly with it. I'm not the greatest at compartmentalizing my feelings after something tragic like that but I know even you being an INTJ that you're still human and that somewhere you could have been affected by this abuse. Just food for thought.

Also to the question in the title. How would a random INTP react to being told that you like him is going to be a different outcome for each INTP. They are very unique and are an elusive bunch to categorize how they would revert back to any energy given to them. I find with INTPs you'll have to just ask them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts