Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't figure out this ESFJs enneagram type.

Here are some strong characteristics that he has that make it hard to know which type he is for sure:

-He is very helpful and will bend over backwards for people. 2?
-Nurturing, likes to take care of ppl. 2?
-Has a very wide social circle. 3?
-skillfully navigates the social arena, knows how to make useful connections 3?
-Extremely manipulative 2 & 3?
-Can almost never get the "truth" out of him, the truth keeps changing to whatever he thinks the other person wants to hear. But if the other person wants the truth it won't happen 3?
-Needs lots of praise 3?
- Humble 2? but needs to be seen as successful 3?
- Good at self promotion 3?
- Can defame the crap out of you and turn around and pretend your the best thing ever to your face lol - 2 or 3?

If you have any real life descriptions of an ESFJ enneagram 3 please share!

·
Registered
ENTJ
1,172 Posts
I'm a Type 3 and based on the description I'm leaning toward 2 for your friend. Healthy 3 will have a clear sense of who they are and love achievement, in which socializing is more a means to an end. Type 3 is actually associated with truthsaying, so that one you listed wouldn't apply here.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm a Type 3 and based on the description I'm leaning toward 2 for your friend. Healthy 3 will have a clear sense of who they are and love achievement, in which socializing is more a means to an end. Type 3 is actually associated with truthsaying, so that one you listed wouldn't apply here.
Ok thanks for your input. Are you also an esfj?

·
Registered
5,248 Posts
Sounds like 2w3 to me as well. There's just not the impression of 3's clear forward drive and assertiveness in your description. What you've written here is really about how he interacts with other people, which makes sense for 2. If he were a core 3, I'd expect you to mention more about how he cultivates his brand, seeks achievements, and needs accomplishment (i.e. objective targets completed) - which is a key differentiator from needing praise (i.e. positive feedback from others).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts