Personality Cafe banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...if, say, a friend comes up to you and says "Hey, I really really like you."?

Would it be excessively awkward? Or would you prefer a subtler approach? Would you give them a chance even if you don't like them back?

It's quite embarassing, really, but I'm excessively curious. xP

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
It depends....on:-
1) How much alcohol was involved.
2) Who it was and my already established relationship to that person.
3) The place this person proclaims this statement.
4) If I sensed humour was involved.
5) Whether my parents were in the room.
6) Whether they were implying a 'lot-more-than-just-friends' kinda feeling.

if:-
#1) then I'd make the most of a possibly awesome situation (depending if I was attracted to them of course, or if I'd had enough alcohol to make that irrelevant).
#2) If it was a long term friend I may be sceptical of it's seriousness, if it's a new friend then it would really depend....

You know what, this started off as a fun way to reply but really it does depend on whether it was serious and if so then how serious. It could be either way and it's hard to tell unless you are there in the situation.

I guess generally speaking I'd probably just hug them............ and then subtly switch them from alcohol to water. >_>

·
Registered
474 Posts
...if, say, a friend comes up to you and says "Hey, I really really like you."?

Would it be excessively awkward? Or would you prefer a subtler approach? Would you give them a chance even if you don't like them back?

It's quite embarassing, really, but I'm excessively curious. xP

If it was a friend I didn't like at all in the way it wouldn't be awkward in the moment, but the friendship after me saying "I really like you too... but as a friend" might feel awkward at first depending on how my friend took my response. I would also feel pretty bad for saying no to my friend and possibly hurting them, but in a few days or so I would realize it was best for me to be honest.

If I liked the person and could see them as more than a friend, I think that would be a really cute way to approach it. :]

If I didn't like my friend like that I definitely wouldn't lead them on. I rather let them know up front instead of making them believe something that isn't true and possibly making them feel a lot more hurt down the road.

Do you like an ISFJ? Or are you asking different types for their response? :D

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you like an ISFJ? Or are you asking different types for their response? :D
Funny, since it's a little bit both. I was chatting with my INFJ, ESFP and ISFP friend about that scenario and it just popped into my mind that, you know, what if I did it to my friend that I likelikelike.

Cuz frankly, I have no idea how to approach it. xD

Anyhoo, thanks for the input. ^^

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
It's fine, a good way of putting it. Just pick your moment ;)

Reactions: hustina

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
that's not really your question is it ?

it's more like "will he like me if I just come up and say I really like him ?"

he'd probably shrug it off, I think, of course it depends a lot on the individual, since even ISFJs are significantly different from one another

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Pretty dependent really. My reaction would almost never be negative though. Even if the person was joking around, or totally drunk I'd probably just go with it. Unless the person was drunk and trying to grope me. That would make things awkward. I enjoy being liked though, so if the person is sincere, it wouldn't bother me. If we're talking romance, well if the feeling is mutual, then heck yeah, I'd love it. If the feeling is not mutual... well I'd still respond nicely, but I'm sure the other person would feel awkward.

Reactions: hustina

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you guys so much for your opinions! They were quite helpful.

Unfortunately, I didn't have to tell him after all. He came out to me.

Like came out of the friggin closet ^^;;;

Reactions: Hiccups24-7

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Like.. he's gay and you're into him? Because that totally sucks.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's pretty much it. xD; Caught me by surprise really, but what can I do but move on?

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
At least you have a healthy attitude about it. One of my best friends was gay, and I really loved him. It's led to some very bad decisions on my part. Kudos to you! :)

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
The other day, I was walking through the college that I go to and in a miniature forum area, a bunch of sorority girls were lined up at a table where a sign said, "Kiss a senior goodbye."

I was terrified.

It reminded me of how I probably would react to a women suddenly showing affection for me. I think I'm afraid of being loved when at the same time, I desire it when I'm alone.:crazy:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts