Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
^pretty self explanatory
i don't imagine that Infjs would do too good in a crisis situation in general:mellow:.. what do you guys think? We're more of a behind-the-scenes type, I think.
and how do you think we would act?

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
I can curl up into a really tiny ball and then stay that way for a long time. Maybe that's useful.

I think we'd only be useful like after the survivors moved on to create some makeshift town, but our odds of making it that long don't seem great. But then we could listen empathetically to people telling stories of their friends and family members being eaten and offer like moral support and stuff.

Yeah idk our natural environment is basically civil society.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Speak for yourself, my brother. In the case of a zombie apocalypse, I fully intend to wield my abilities at social manipulation to form a powerful movement behind myself, surviving in the coming end of days through careful breeding programs among the survivors (to test for possible immunity to the horrid plague, as well as to build numbers) and the ruthless enforcement of my foresight upon anyone who might threaten to injure or infect any of my blessed children. Actually, it sounds like fun now that I think about it.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Find the ESTPs.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Speak for yourself, my brother. In the case of a zombie apocalypse, I fully intend to wield my abilities at social manipulation to form a powerful movement behind myself, surviving in the coming end of days through careful breeding programs among the survivors (to test for possible immunity to the horrid plague, as well as to build numbers) and the ruthless enforcement of my foresight upon anyone who might threaten to injure or infect any of my blessed children. Actually, it sounds like fun now that I think about it.
Eugh that just sounds like a lot of work. I think I'd rather die tbh.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Eugh that just sounds like a lot of work. I think I'd rather die tbh.
Well, tell you what? Should that day come, you just find me and I'll add you to my flock of survivors. It'd either be a hell of an interesting thing to witness, or the largest zombie buffet west of the Rocky Mountains.

·
Banned
1,837 Posts
My first instinct would probably be to run and hide, so I can think of a survival strategy, think and regroup. Is it weird that the scenario actually sounds kind of exciting? High pressure situations are usually the ones where I take over and do what needs to be done without a problem, I stay pretty calm.

Honestly, I'd just do the best I can to survive, using all the skill I already have or learn what I'm missing. Each type would find their own way of getting through it.

Not sure I'd be a decent leader but if I'm going to die, I'll do it fighting, learning what I can from others and by myself. @Igor can I join? I'll do my best to help

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@Nephilibata oh yes, this kind of situation seems really exciting.. except the part where I could die.. but then it wouldn't be exciting...
I would most likely try to find some good people to stay with.. with a couple of people I really trust... and I'll probably let them do all the work eheh! But then I'll compensate by idk, moral support and predicting the future and whatnot.
Yeah, I agree with you @umop 3psidn we're definitely more of a civil society people.

·
Banned
1,837 Posts
@Nephilibata oh yes, this kind of situation seems really exciting.. except the part where I could die.. but then it wouldn't be exciting...
I would most likely try to find some good people to stay with.. with a couple of people I really trust... and I'll probably let them do all the work eheh! But then I'll compensate by idk, moral support and predicting the future and whatnot.
Yeah, I agree with you @umop 3psidn we're definitely more of a civil society people.
Well, that's true, except for the dying part :'D but then, we all die eventually, whether in that kind of situation or not. I guess we'll never know how we'll fare x'D

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
I can curl up into a really tiny ball and then stay that way for a long time. Maybe that's useful.

I think we'd only be useful like after the survivors moved on to create some makeshift town, but our odds of making it that long don't seem great. But then we could listen empathetically to people telling stories of their friends and family members being eaten and offer like moral support and stuff.

this basically lol

yeah id have no plan at all other than to run.... and cry... don't think i'd be useful in a physical sense but i know i'd play my part trying to get food, comforting lost children etc! meeting other survivors would motivate me to continue, to be a help to them..

·
Registered
INFJ
2,587 Posts
I don't think we should be underestimated by any means. I may not be the best in the physical realm but as for protecting those I love the rules change and nothing can limit me. Unlike what people assume, I deal with crisis situations calmly because it's "what people need in the moment," and I process my emotions later. There have only been a few crisis situations in my whole life where I freaked out. In one of those situations I was alone, so it didn't matter. When everyone is anchorless, that's my cue to change into one. The apocalyptic/survival type situations are where my intuition and suspicions about people and the world are seen as a strength instead of a weakness.

·
Banned
1,837 Posts
I don't think we should be underestimated by any means. I may not be the best in the physical realm but as for protecting those I love the rules change and nothing can limit me. Unlike what people assume, I deal with crisis situations calmly because it's "what people need in the moment," and I process my emotions later. There have only been a few crisis situations in my whole life where I freaked out. In one of those situations I was alone, so it didn't matter. When everyone is anchorless, that's my cue to change into one. The apocalyptic/survival type situations are where my intuition and suspicions about people and the world are seen as a strength instead of a weakness.
pretty much exactly this. I'm usually in the background but, to quote my mother 'when shit hits the fan', I'm the one taking charge calmly and effectively. Emotions come later once the crisis is dealt with.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
good point, we would probably also be pretty good at motivating others and keeping their spirits high. In a crisis situation, we can sort of turn off our feelings to deal with them later. After a while it would get tiring, though, and I don't know how long I could keep it up for heh

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
That depends entirely on how mercenary I'm feeling. Left to my own devices, I'd likely die in about the same time frame as everyone else. My extraordinarily bad reflexes and awareness of surroundings would work against me, a grasp of physics and chemistry would work for me (that's right, I'm going full McGuyver). I think the two would equal out.

But if I was willing to be manipulative, then I could surround myself with a useful crowd, some for leadership/work potential, other just to be a protective little meat buffer. I'd probably do pretty well in that situation. My job would have to be something like 'advisor.' Not threatening to leaders, just useful at keeping the lemmings in line (and from realizing they were disposable).

·
Registered
INFJ 6w5, 1w2, 2w1 Sx/Sp
10,471 Posts
Me and my hubby have been watching The Walking Dead so this has sort of been apart of our conversations :p He's a fellow type 6 INFJ like me. I think type 6's in general tend to be hyper vigilant anyway so like he's always commenting in the show, how they always let their guard down and when they relax is when they get attacked. He said he would make sure we were always vigilant. The scariest part about these things actually aren't the zombies, it's the corrupt people that survive. I kind of just see the zombies as apart of the environment. It's not their fault they're zombies.

I'd like to think I would have a bit of fun killing them and letting out my rage. It would be interesting to see my will put to the test. I'd make sure I worked out to keep up my strength. It would be interesting to build a group of people that was based on truly caring for one another.

The other problem my hubby noted is that not many of us know usfeul trade skills for that situation (like gardening). But, I think it would be interesting to build a secure fortress against them and other people. I used to think I'd be better off dead in that situation but he sort of changed my mind.

On a random note, I kind of started a game we play where we look at people and decide who would go down first in a zombie apocalypse. It's a joke though ;) I even joke that I would go down first and eat my hubby but he tries to tell me that I have a poor impression of myself and that I'm a survivor.

I do find this scene/soundtrack in The Walking Dead inspirational:

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
My crew already has arms and ammunition, first aid kits, both adults certified in first aid and CPR. I have a strong flight or fight response. I own a portable water purification system. My extended family owns multiple and various form of arms and are trained. We all have stored food and we each individually contain individual skills. My parents own an RV, so if it gets too bad, we will escape. I come from a family of preparing fighters. The only one I'd concern myself with is my INFP. She needs protection. Also, where I end up, I'd dig the deepest ditch around the parameter for the zombies to fall into. Having guards to stab them on a schedule. Then after the ditch, lines and lines of sharpened stakes for the zombies to get caught on. I do agree that we would be the voices to give hope for others. I'm just speaking from an honestly selfish stand point. I obviously would help out other people if I could, but not at the expense of my loved ones. Sorry!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Not sure I'd be a decent leader but if I'm going to die, I'll do it fighting, learning what I can from others and by myself. @Igor can I join? I'll do my best to help
All are welcome, my child! Please be prepared for a 72 hour screening period (in our luxurious Zom-B-Gone mesh cage system) to determine if you are infected or not, followed by a week long physical testing process to determine where to best fit you within the social structure we are building. Barring any issues that should come up, you'll be issued your choice of spear or crossbow, assigned to one of the communal barracks for new arrivals, and encouraged to spend what time you won't be laboring for the greater good of the community either patrolling the perimeter walls or volunteering for one of our many "Salvation Forays" into the wilds, where you'll get to experience the exciting lifestyle of bait- er, assistant to our bold professional zombie hunter caste.

Together, we can mold the future we deserve!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts