Personality Cafe banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm an INFJ and some said that ENFP is INFJ's natural partner. Here's something a fellow INFJ wrote about ourself:

" - At the parties and social gatherings look for people who are a bit aloof and who look like they prefer one-on-one conversations. 1-2 people talking we can easily handle, 4+ becomes a challenge. I can fake an extravert at parties for short period of time but it leaves me feeling wasted after a few hours. Lots of people talking in a group inevitably makes me space out. Most commonly I'll be talking to one-two people or just people gazing. Look for people who are trying to not catch attention. INFJs will rarely dress flashy or openly flirt at parties. Of course if you flirt with us we may flirt back, but we often won't readily initiate the process.
- At the dining places and restaurants look for people eating by themselves, sitting at the edge, observing others, reading, or looking serious, like they are in deep thought about something.
- In lecture halls look for people who sit on the side of a table row, alone or with one-two other people. If they sit with a group of people they will often be on the side of that group and not in the center socializing wildly.
- Any groups and clubs dedicated to volunteering, human rights, community causes or gatherings that deal with religion, self-improvement, and mysticism. Many INFJs have interests that lean towards those sorts of things.
- At the stores look for people who have trouble making a choice. When stuck choosing between X number of brands in comparison to most other people we will be taking longer to make a choice.
- Bookstores - well I personally often head for science, psychology, history or finances sections. I think some INFJs especially those with better developed Fe might go for fiction shelves.
- At the airports usually the one sitting with a ton of personal space around me, reading or people gazing. For whatever reason I tend to draw a lot of people trying to initiate conversation there. I think must be my Fe, making me look like I want contact or something, it is weird ...
- If you live in a big urban area can look up Meetup.com website and see if there is a fellow NF-types meeting group in your area. If there isn't one - why not initiate one if you have enough time and energy? These groups are likely to draw some INFJs because even though we are introverts, our Fe really pushes us to go out there and connect with other people.
- Online dating - the three free websites that I know of are OkCupid, PlentyOfFish, and Craigslist - if you are looking for a romantic date then you can mention that you are ENFP looking for INFJ in your post or profile and let them come to you.

How to impress an INFJ:
- be genuine, if people give me vibes that they are under some strain or stress speaking to me, makes me wonder what is going in their lives and in turn suspect them of ulterior motives not necessarily conscious ones
- don't be pushy asking them for personal details, talk about yourself first then ask them about themselves
- be prepared to things to move slowly relationship-wise, as we exchange information with you we are constantly bouncing your values against our values to make sure you make a good fit - not every INFJ of course will make a good fit to you
- talking about how you can truly sympathize with others, be it family, or friends, or co-workers, makes us feel more related to you and more at ease "

Anyone to describe ENFP like this? in general. or gay in particular.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
That's a pretty interesting question, I know they say that an ENFP's natural partner is an INFJ, but the only relationship I ever had with an INFJ ended in something akin to a mushroom cloud :confused: but that said, I think that Ozzy Osbourne has captured being an ENFP in his song "I Don't Wanna Stop",

"All my life I've been over the top
I don't know what I'm doing all I know is
I don't wanna stop
All fired up, I'm gonna go til I drop
You're either in or in the way
Don't make me, I don't wanna stop
"

I guess I'm a very social empathetic person. If you give me a chance, I'll talk for hours, and the conversation will jump from subject to subject, with stupid ideas which would amuse me if borne into reality, or serious discussions about why human rights are the most important legal principle ever made and should be respected at all times. I like to talk to people, and I'm always happy to be interrupted.

If you really want to impress an ENFP male; I'd recommend:

• be honest and open
  • if we interest you, tell us!!
  • put us at ease, show us we have your attention
  • feel free to interrupt us when we start rambling
  • don't be shy of having opinions, we'll find you even more interesting if you express yourself
  • BE YOURSELF!!! Do not try and be someone you think we'd like
  • do not start emulating all our behaviours
  • understand that we are extraverts and enjoy a varied crowd, don't demand all our time
  • jealous-possessive behaviour will drive us up the wall!!

That's pretty much my general "check boxes" as it were for any woman that I might want to be with. Remember, we are idealists, and at core, whilst we can be cynical about humanity, with individuals, we're terribly optimistic. If we come on too strong and ask "how are you" too much, do tell us calmly rather than snapping at us, because it's natural for us to be that concerned about the people we care about, so biting our head off will only hurt and confuse us.

Not sure if any of that is useful, I guess it's pretty much a stream of consciousness, but then again, asking ENFPs to toy around with an idea is a dangerous game :wink:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts