Personality Cafe banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
3,308 Posts
That's a pretty interesting question, I know they say that an ENFP's natural partner is an INFJ, but the only relationship I ever had with an INFJ ended in something akin to a mushroom cloud :confused: but that said, I think that Ozzy Osbourne has captured being an ENFP in his song "I Don't Wanna Stop",

"All my life I've been over the top
I don't know what I'm doing all I know is
I don't wanna stop
All fired up, I'm gonna go til I drop
You're either in or in the way
Don't make me, I don't wanna stop
"

I guess I'm a very social empathetic person. If you give me a chance, I'll talk for hours, and the conversation will jump from subject to subject, with stupid ideas which would amuse me if borne into reality, or serious discussions about why human rights are the most important legal principle ever made and should be respected at all times. I like to talk to people, and I'm always happy to be interrupted.

If you really want to impress an ENFP male; I'd recommend:

• be honest and open
  • if we interest you, tell us!!
  • put us at ease, show us we have your attention
  • feel free to interrupt us when we start rambling
  • don't be shy of having opinions, we'll find you even more interesting if you express yourself
  • BE YOURSELF!!! Do not try and be someone you think we'd like
  • do not start emulating all our behaviours
  • understand that we are extraverts and enjoy a varied crowd, don't demand all our time
  • jealous-possessive behaviour will drive us up the wall!!

That's pretty much my general "check boxes" as it were for any woman that I might want to be with. Remember, we are idealists, and at core, whilst we can be cynical about humanity, with individuals, we're terribly optimistic. If we come on too strong and ask "how are you" too much, do tell us calmly rather than snapping at us, because it's natural for us to be that concerned about the people we care about, so biting our head off will only hurt and confuse us.

Not sure if any of that is useful, I guess it's pretty much a stream of consciousness, but then again, asking ENFPs to toy around with an idea is a dangerous game :wink:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.